Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
The Walking Dead Season Two: All That Remains Review

No punches pulled, no feelings spared.

Read Full Article

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Ima try and hold off buying Season 2 until they are all out 'cause I can't stand the suspense of waiting between chapters.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Ima try and hold off buying Season 2 until they are all out 'cause I can't stand the suspense of waiting between chapters.
I'm doing the same but because I'm sick of Telltales release schedule for episodes. It's not the fact they take so long but rather that they keep the release date nebulous as long as possible. I waited patiently with Monkey Island and the first The Walking Dead game but I have The Wolf Among Us and I'm pissed episode two isn't until next year.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So, this just in. The Walking Dead is still excellent. Good to hear. Glad to see their talent isn't drying up anytime soon. Though between Telltale and Valve I'm starting to wonder if there's an unwritten rule that universally loved video game companies are forced to have fucked up release dates.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Didn't read anything but the last line and the rating. Not wanting to spoil this for myself at all. I didn't for Season 1, which I got just after episode 4 was released, so I was pretty lucky. I'll probably pick this up on Christmas since I have the 27th booked off, so I have a 5-day weekend to catch up on everything I've been missing. This, I think, is the top of my list.

I'm with the others on being annoyed about the 'no idea when the next episode is coming' thing... If they could give dates, I'd be happy.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Having just finished episode 1 (I got it for my birthday last weekend), I have to agree with Jim. It seemed a bit shorter than the season one episodes, but feels all over the place again.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
IndomitableSam said:
Didn't read anything but the last line and the rating. Not wanting to spoil this for myself at all. I didn't for Season 1, which I got just after episode 4 was released, so I was pretty lucky. I'll probably pick this up on Christmas since I have the 27th booked off, so I have a 5-day weekend to catch up on everything I've been missing. This, I think, is the top of my list.

I'm with the others on being annoyed about the 'no idea when the next episode is coming' thing... If they could give dates, I'd be happy.
He didn't spoil anything. In fact I just finished the first episode of season 2 and I'd say that Jim described the game damn near perfectly without giving any spoilers.

I hate episodic gaming because of the waiting but the 95 minutes I spent so far has already been worth the money. I can't wait for the rest to come.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Just finished it. About 1 1/2-2 hours, still amazing. The QTE's aren't much of a problem, but the red font makes it a bit hard to see with the orangey-brown colour palette. It does carry over choices from the previous season keep in mind, doesn't seem to be to an extreme extent so far but you may want to play Season 1 before you jump into this one.

<spoiler=More indepth with spoilers>I felt they front-loaded the plot a bit too much with Omid and Christa. Omid dies in the first 10 minutes of the game and Christa disappears in the next 10 and the pregnancy sideplot seems to have been wrapped up off-screen. I liked the segment with the dog, especially the end of it which simultaneously made sense and came out of nowhere. The "stealth" segment was also really well done, although I suspect it really isn't as branching as it appeared to be.

Weird how 400 Days didn't seem to affect anything in this episode. Maybe it will come into play in the future?

<spoiler=Choices>http://i.imgur.com/36DFEzl.png
Saved Nick because I assumed the camera zooming in on Pete's bloody leg signified he was bitten.

The hook for the next episode is "I thought you were dead", which worries the fuck out of me that they're going to follow through on their threat to bring Kenny back. Don't do it TellTale, you know we don't want you to pull some bullshit explanation on how he magicked through ten thousand zombies out of your ass.

StHubi

Jan 15, 2010
IndomitableSam said:
This would probably result in a lot of disapointment when they cannot finish it on time... After playing Episode 1 I am sure Telltale Games are absolute perfectionists! The stories in their games really surpasses almost all games I ever played before. The "gaming" part is still quite low, but the TWD games never needed that so far.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Not getting it until full season's out but I'm glad it's got a strong start at least.

Why do they do episodic games and not let me buy the episodes separately...

Tentheria

Apr 19, 2011
Phrozenflame500" post="6.836993.20518994 said:
Just finished it. About 1 1/2-2 hours, still amazing. The QTE's aren't much of a problem, but the red font makes it a bit hard to see with the orangey-brown colour palette. It does carry over choices from the previous season keep in mind, doesn't seem to be to an extreme extent so far but you may want to play Season 1 before you jump into this one.

<spoiler=More indepth with spoilers>I felt they front-loaded the plot a bit too much with Omid and Christa. Omid dies in the first 10 minutes of the game and Christa disappears in the next 10 and the pregnancy sideplot seems to have been wrapped up off-screen.. I liked the segment with the dog, especially the end of it which simultaneously made sense and came out of nowhere. The "stealth" segment was also really well done, although I suspect it really isn't as branching as it appeared to be.

Weird how 400 Days didn't seem to affect anything in this episode. Maybe it will come into play in the future?

Saved Nick because I assumed the camera zooming in on Pete's bloody leg signified he was bitten.

Odd, my choices screen at the end only showed 3, the first 2, a different 3rd. I hope this doesn't affect later episoes though :( (though I made the same choices as you)

EDIT: Damn, meant to quote Phrozenflame500, my bad

Tentheria

Apr 19, 2011
Tentheria said:
Phrozenflame500 said:

<spoiler=More indepth with spoilers>I felt they front-loaded the plot a bit too much with Omid and Christa. Omid dies in the first 10 minutes of the game and Christa disappears in the next 10 and the pregnancy sideplot seems to have been wrapped up off-screen.. I liked the segment with the dog, especially the end of it which simultaneously made sense and came out of nowhere. The "stealth" segment was also really well done, although I suspect it really isn't as branching as it appeared to be.

Odd, my choices screen at the end only showed 3, the first 2, a different 3rd. I hope this doesn't affect later episoes though :( (though I made the same choices as you)

EDIT: Damn, meant to quote Phrozenflame500, my bad
EDIT2 Double posted now. God I suck at forums..

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Wish I could play it. Seems most anyone who bought it from GMG or directly from Telltales site themselves are unable to access the game at all due to authentication server issues. Half tempted to just download the pirated version so I can actually play it while Telltale fixes their servers.

Good to see that its as excellent as I'd hoped for though! Can't wait to be with Clem again.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Tentheria said:
Same thing happened to me, but after I restarted the game and went to "My Choices" the expanded screen showed up. Odd.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Phrozenflame500 said:

The hook for the next episode is "I though you were dead", which worries the fuck out of me that they're going to follow through on their threat to bring Kenny back. Don't do it TellTale, you know we don't want you to pull some bullshit explanation on how he magicked through ten thousand zombies out of your ass.
In response to the last section in your spoiler tag:
The "I thought you were dead" could be realistically one of 3 people, Kenny (Who TellTale themselves said "his fate would be explored", although is is fairly unrealistic that he would return seeing that the two situations he was left in were quite frankly dire), Lilly who was left alone or stole the van (my personal choice as to who might return jusdging by Clementine's look of shock, and the situation that she was left in was the least deadly), or Christa who's fate wasn't shown (although the scream *gunshot* *silence* might rule this one out).

Tentheria

Apr 19, 2011
Phrozenflame500 said:
Tentheria said:
Same thing happened to me, but after I restarted the game and went to "My Choices" the expanded screen showed up. Odd.
Yeah just checked, it took :) It worries me slightly that some choices have such high percentages. Didn't Telltale once day they saw this as bad since it meant one choice was inherently 'better' or more 'right' and they wanted to avoid that?

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Tentheria said:
Yeah just checked, it took :) It worries me slightly that some choices have such high percentages. Didn't Telltale once day they saw this as bad since it meant one choice was inherently 'better' or more 'right' and they wanted to avoid that?
If that's true they pretty much stuffed it up this time. I just checked (to see if all options were visible now [I had 4 before]), and 3 of the 5 choices had 93+% of the people choosing them.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Extremely impressive indeed. I actually just played through the first season in the past few days and the series has simply blown me out of the water. Never thought I'd enjoy this kind of interactive movie game this much.
It also totally leaves the TV series behind in terms of impact and gets back to the vibe of the comics.

Thought that the first episode was going to follow a common cliché for just a minute, but then it hit you in the face with a big NOPE, made my chest stir :p Just gonna say that CoD could learn some from this!

Can't wait to find out what happens next.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I held off reading this until I could finish playing it to keep my opinion on the game purely my own without unintentionally mixing in ideas of other reviews...

... that said, I really do like where this episode is going. If my game hadn't crashed at one point for no real reason, I might have left with a slightly more positive outlook, but it didn't affect my overall opinion that much. It was still a fun and gut-wrenching experience. There's one moment that reminds me of that scene in Heavy Rain where the guy is trying to cut his pinky off (though I'd argue the scene from Walking Dead is a little heavier given that this is Clementine going through it). I was having trouble getting through that scene.

Overall opinion? Still more entertaining and engaging than the TV show. :D