The Week in Review - Brains, Bunnies and Kombat

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review - Brains, Bunnies and Kombat

On this week's edition, a short Mortal Kombat movie ignites the gaming world with its awesomeness, and Dead Rising 2 gets a little eye candy to go with all the zombies.

Braaaaains ... and Booooobs

Parents! Don't let your teenagers play violent games! Don't you know it will...errm, well, do very little indeed? A new study has found that the only teenagers to really be at risk from violent videogames are those who are "predisposed to be highly neurotic, less agreeable and less conscientious". The study raises the point that if such games were really that damaging, then incidences of gaming related violence would be fairly commonplace, which simply isn't the case. Hit the link to read more about it. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101160-New-Study-Most-Teenagers-are-Unaffected-by-Violent-Gaming])

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
1) Niceeeeeee
2) It was very pretty, although a bit useless being shown in an NBA game...
3) I still think this lied...
4) Hmmm, interesting...
5) Bout damn time somebody proved it *shakes fist*

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
That Mortal Kombat clip really did make my day when I saw it :p

I really hope something comes of it.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Glad to read some news about people making real studies for once. I was getting pretty tired of the BS. Now I'm just curious as to how the sheeple will respond to such 'blasphemy.'

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That mortal combat trailer still has me funny...just give the man the rights and see what epic awesome he can make!