The Week In Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week In Review

This week on the Week in Review: Restoration zombies, ugly consoles, Martian invasions, broken scoreboards and an angry CEO.

Amidala Vs Zombies

Yoichi Wada, CEO of Square-Enix, has criticized Japanese gamers for letting their preconceptions getting in the way of them trying western games, following the apathy that CoD Mewtwo, that Squeenix published in Japan on Activision's behalf, encountered in the country. He cites the special name that Japanese gamers have for western games - youge- (洋ゲー), and the derogatory connotations that the name carries. "I'd like them to try it once. If they play it once, they'd realize how incorrect that label is," he said. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96584-Squeenix-CEO-Calls-Out-Japanese-Gamers-on-Western-Bias])

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I'll be bold enough to say that Seth Grahame-Smith is the reincarnation of Mark Twain. He found a way to make the book appeal to a better-- I mean, widespread audience.

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
Never knew that Japanese gamers had prejudice on all western games. You'd gess they would just take ANYTHING, as Japan does...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
zamble said:
Never knew that Japanese gamers had prejudice on all western games. You'd gess they would just take ANYTHING, as Japan does...
Door swings both ways, most westerners hate JRPGs

American rappers have been hit particularly hard by the recession, Fiddy can't afford a 24 karat PS3 anymore, he has to buy the lesser Sterling Silver model.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
008Zulu said:
zamble said:
Door swings both ways, most westerners hate JRPGs
However, there's a lot more to Japanese games than just JRPGs. Countless classic franchises come from Japanese developers.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
All in all it's been quite a week.

Jane Austen Zombie movies making her books actually interesting.

Blowing Mr. Darcy's undead head off with a 12 Gauge sounds awesome.

And the strange thing above Norway which I believe has something to do with Cthulu.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
That's a damn good rule. "If 50 Cent has it, then it's obviously not for me." And I'm honestly interesting in seeing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...just for Natalie Portman killing some zombie Mr Darcy. Oh Yeah.

Manic__Moo

Apr 16, 2009
They were giving away a load of 24 carat gold plated stuff (including and X-box) on the UK X-factor final. I don't see the point it's clearly for people who want an ornament not a games console. I mean it's not like it's gonna improve the performance. Why bother?