The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

This week on the Week In Review: Boring virtual spaces, self-help role-playing, console theft, Team Ico and Australian opinions.

Home Run for...er...Home

Are you Australian and one of the many adult gamers tired of being treated like a child? Well, your government wants to hear from you as it gathers opinions on changes to the country's videogame certification laws with the release of a discussion paper on whether or not at R18+ rating for games should be given consideration. However, regardless of what the paper uncovers, Michael Atkinson still has to agree to any changes in the law, and he has been less than accommodating so far. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96839-Australian-Government-Seeks-Public-Input-Into-R18-Game-Ratings])

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
It has been a good week. Well, you know, except for the console theft, Sony trying to say that Home is a worthwhile venture, and that the re-releases are on an old system. A Blu-Ray revamp would be...what do you call it? The Penultimate Epitome of Sheer and Unbridled Awesome? Oh, right, I remember now--That would be Ico!

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Home Run for...er...Home- Interesting. Apparently, the 10 Million people who play WoW aslo play Home.

What's Your Fortitude Save?- When I quit smoking, I also made it into a game. If I quit, I'd get 10 points. I finished the game with a score of 0.

Can You Describe The Console, Ma'am?- Well, it's the game company's fault for making their consoles so easy to stack in the back of vans.

Standing in Its Shadow- Words cannot describe how happy I am to hear this news.
nilcypher said:
SQUEEEEEE!!!
[small]Waaaat? That has to be the strangest expression of happiness I've ever seen (at least I think it's happiness.)[/small]

Australia Asks Grown Ups for Their Opinions- It would take the population of at least 3 continenets to change Atkinsons mind. What a shame.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I will cry with joyous tears if Shadow of the Collosus and ICO (especially ICO as that's impossibly hard to find nowadays) were released in lieu of the God of War collection.

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
a new shadow of the collossus sounds awesome and a pre release of the older games would be cool i guess. as long as they arent full price.
good job australia

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Australia Asks Grown Ups for Their Opinions- It would take the population of at least 3 continenets to change Atkinsons mind. What a shame.
Someday he'll die.
Someday, and that day shall be celebrated!