The Wii Bowling Ball: The Most Dangerous Wii Accessory Yet

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Wii Bowling Ball: The Most Dangerous Wii Accessory Yet

Here's a surefire way to destroy your expensive TV or severely injure your loved ones: CTA Digital's Wii Bowling Ball, an accessory that'll give Wii Bowling that extra edge of realism that's acquired by nearly guaranteeing you'll break something while using it.

For all that Nintendo tries to make sure that people's idiocy or clumsiness doesn't get the better of them and cause something to be destroyed while using the Wii, at some point it just becomes inevitable. Or, rather, more than inevitable if you're talking about using something like CTA Digital's newest accessory, the Wii Bowling Ball [http://www.ctadigital.com/catalog.asp?menuid=Catalog&display=itemdetail&categoryid=143&groupid=143&id=2500].

Designed to be the first accessory "to be fashioned after an authentic bowling ball," the Wii Bowling Ball, should you be ballsy enough to try it, will probably break windows, TVs, expensive vases, and maybe some bones too. It's supposed to turn your Wiimote into "the optimum performance-enhancing accessory," which I think is a secret code for wrecking ball.

Here's how it works: You open up the ball, place your Wiimote inside, and then stick your fingers into the three holes, just like a real bowling ball has. Then you can proceed to enjoy Wii Bowling, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Ten Pin Alley 2, and other quality bowling titles. Don't forget to put on that industrial strength wrist band though, and, finally: "Even though holding and bowling the ball is so like-like [sic] to the actual sport, never, ever release the ball!!"

There are two exclamation marks there, so don't forget that advice. CTA Digital is not liable for any kind of destruction you cause with this thing, as they point out twice (once in regular print, once in CAPS) on their product page. This product is not "licensed, designed, sponsored or manufactured" by Nintendo. Big surprise, they probably don't even want to be mentioned in the same breath as this thing.

[Via Engadget [http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/19/ctas-bowling-ball-for-wii-comes-with-giant-wrist-strap-zero-li/]]

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I give it a week at most before the first YouTube video of a ball smashing through a Wii, a 50-inch HDTV, the window behind it, and a 3-year-old girl on a trycicle outside the house, all in the same fumble.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
The device puts me in mind of some sort of pokeball. Can't wait to see the havoc wrought by this monster.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Clashero said:
I give it a week at most before the first YouTube video of a ball smashing through a Wii, a 50-inch HDTV, the window behind it, and a 3-year-old girl on a trycicle outside the house, all in the same fumble.
I give it an hour

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Now we just need Wii pins. Then we could throw the ball at the pins and it would be just like a real game of bowling.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Huh. I wonder how well it works. Wii Bowling is my second worst sport in the game (right ahead of friggin' Tennis), 'cause it took me so long to learn how to control the damn thing. Something like that might also keep me from hurting my arm by overshooting.

NoMoreSanity said:
Honestly, seeing that people somehow still have accidents with Wii peripherals, I don't see why they would release something like this.
Resignation? "Well, no matter what, whatever we release will cause accidents in the hands of clumsy people, so why should that stop us here?"

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
Hamster at Dawn said:
Now we just need Wii pins. Then we could throw the ball at the pins and it would be just like a real game of bowling.
I laughed so hard.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Clashero said:
You mean Disaster Girl?

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
GodsOneMistake said:
Clashero said:
I give it an hour
I'd give it a week, not because no one's dumb enough to do it in an hour, but because not many people put the wii in front of their 50-inch HDTV. The video of all of that except for the Wii? Half an hour as a joke, but an honest guess pegs it at 36 hours.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Words fail to express just how..."special"...this is.
Perhaps a pseudo-math equation works best.

Ahem.

Wii Bowling ball = Fail[sup]fail[sup]fail[/sup][/sup]
If that makes any sense.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Neonbob said:
Words fail to express just how..."special"...this is.
Perhaps a pseudo-math equation works best.

Ahem.

Wii Bowling ball = Fail[sup]fail[sup]fail[/sup][/sup]
If that makes any sense.
Well, you wrote it backwards, but it does make sense. If 2[sup]2[sup]2[/sup][/sup] = 8, then your statement is correct (though improperly written).

May 22, 2009
lolarious.
roflmao.
wtfh? fail. This bowling ball is useless. Nobody ever liked wii bowling (only wii sports disc toss.) It will fail, but will be funny.