The Wii Bowling Ball: The Most Dangerous Wii Accessory Yet

laryri

May 19, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Now we just need Wii pins. Then we could throw the ball at the pins and it would be just like a real game of bowling.
I'm waiting for the Bowling Allii.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I am hereby starting a betting pool on the exact number of minutes between the retail release of this accessory and the first cracked (human or animal) skull it causes.

I've got ten bucks on 344 minutes.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
*grabs popcorn and soda* if anyone needs me I'll be sitting on that couch over there.....waiting for the fail to come down upon some poor sap.

*much munch* anyone want some? I've got a popper machine in the next room.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
I am hereby starting a betting pool on the exact number of minutes between the retail release of this accessory and the first cracked (human or animal) skull it causes.

I've got ten bucks on 344 minutes.
Your seeming faith in humanity astounds me. I say five minutes. Tops. Someone's going to brain their cat/dog as it walks by.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Clashero said:
I give it a week at most before the first YouTube video of a ball smashing through a Wii, a 50-inch HDTV, the window behind it, and a 3-year-old girl on a trycicle outside the house, all in the same fumble.
/Thread

Damn man, you almost made me choke on my soda when I read that.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Keane Ng said:
The Wii Bowling Ball: The Most Dangerous Wii Accessory Yet.
Most dangerous? Laws no. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.114155#2077240] Most potential for property destruction? Heck yes.

I mean, people have enough accidents with NORMAL bowling balls. I should know: I've seen plenty of them. Bowling balls have a strange and mystical field that attracts the worst of luck, and when you combine that power with a device that tends to get thrown into valuable stuff, I have no doubt that the results will be catastrophic.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Why are we providing add-ons that make it more 'realistic'? Why don't people just go play REAL bowling?

Rodger

Jan 27, 2009
The odd part is I can't help but make a comparison to Gurren Lagann, only less epic. These people are certainly kicking reason to the curb anyway, and possibly going beyond the impossible in coming up with Wii accessories more dangerous than the last. I mean, we've had darts, dumbells, and now bowling balls. Next? Something for the hardcore audience, of course. The Wii Morning Star.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
A normal day for a five year old:

"Hey guys, watch me bowl on my wii, WITH A REAL BOWLING BALL!"
. . .
"HIDE THE T.V.! HIDE THE T.V.!"

findler

Jun 19, 2009
Krakyn said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
Now we just need Wii pins. Then we could throw the ball at the pins and it would be just like a real game of bowling.
I laughed so hard.
Me too :D

Wii is for little kids and drunk people. Neither of which have a great track record for bowling without destruction.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Boy kills brother while using the Wii Bowling Ball"
I can see it now........

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
As we have learned: Putting a Strap on something doesen't fix the problem. People will still refuse to use it, and TV's everywhere will hate them for it.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
Two things, if i may, which i will anyway if i mayn't...
First, if you still don't know how to control a wii remote in such a simple game like bowling or tennis, stick to whatever it is you're good at. Seriously.
Two, CTA made a foolish move with this one...i'm going to do research and try to see what other products they sell...yes, just to poke fun at them.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
What're the odds that CTA is a child company of Sony or Panasonic or whoever else that makes HDTVs?