The Witcher 3 - Blood And Wine Release Date Leaked

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Witcher 3 - Blood And Wine Release Date Leaked

A Steam page for the upcoming Witcher 3 expansion pack has revealed its release date: May 30.

I've got some good news for Steam page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20witcher%203%20wild%20hunt?os=the+witcher+3+wild+hunt] that went up early, we now know that the expansion will launch later this month, on May 30.

Previously, CD Projekt Red had promised that Blood and Wine would Hearts of Stone [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167287-The-Witcher-3-Blood-and-Wine-Coming-Before-E3-Same-Size-as-Skellige-Isles].

[gallery=6223]

The expansion pack will launch as a stand-alone purchase for $20, or as part of the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass [http://store.steampowered.com/app/355880/] (which includes Hearts of Stone) for $24. Both the stand-alone and Expansion Pass version of the game require The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt to play.

Keep in mind that while this May 30 date looks pretty legit and certainly makes a lot of sense, it has yet to be officially confirmed by CD Projekt Red.

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-blood-and-wine-release-date-reportedly-r/1100-6439601/]

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008

Seriously CD Projekt Red, I want to be able to finish off my current Geralt with this expansion then start New Game + and maybe I'll be able to finish a second playthrough in the next six months or so. Geralt's story deserves a conclusion.

Apr 5, 2008
Dammit, that timing. I JUST 100%'d Dark Souls 3 and have a void to fill. After DS2 I had another Skyrim playthru, and this time i was thinking of *finally* hitting up the Witcher 3. I pre-ordered it and it's season pass, installed it and have had it waiting all this time. But darn it I don't want to start now with an expansion forthcoming.

Do I start now and hope I'm still playing it in 3 weeks time, or just wait and play the "definitive" version (unannounced future EEs withstanding!)? If I should wait, what can I play for the 3 weeks between now and then!?

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
KingsGambit said:
Dammit, that timing. I JUST 100%'d Dark Souls 3 and have a void to fill. After DS2 I had another Skyrim playthru, and this time i was thinking of *finally* hitting up the Witcher 3. I pre-ordered it and it's season pass, installed it and have had it waiting all this time. But darn it I don't want to start now with an expansion forthcoming.

Do I start now and hope I'm still playing it in 3 weeks time, or just wait and play the "definitive" version (unannounced future EEs withstanding!)? If I should wait, what can I play for the 3 weeks between now and then!?
Well, if you try to do everything it's a pretty long game (ditto going at it on higher difficulties) with quite a few branching paths that add to replayability. I'd probably start now if I were you. Also they've announced there'll be no more expansions after Blood and Wine since they'll be pulling everyone from the Witcher series to work on Cyberpunk. As for what to play if you don't want to start TW3, Doom is just around the corner, as is the new FO4 DLC, but I don't know if those interest you at all.

OT: While I'd be extremely happy if this release date was true, I'll hold off on celebrating until CDPR confirms. We've had like 8 leaked release dates these last two months and they've all been incorrect.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
This is very pleasing news to me, as I'm currently doing a NG+ run so I'm totally in the mood for more Witcher. I'm curious as to what the recommended level is going to be though, cause either my ng+ file is going to be under leveled at low 50's, with most quests giving me 1 or 10 exp, or my normal file is probably over leveled at 40.

We'll see soon enough.

KingsGambit said:

If you want to do just about everything in the game (not counting the Gwent sidequests, I've got no love for that game) you can most likely still be playing it by the time the DLC releases.

If you choose to explore and do all the hunts and sidequests and treasure hunts as you come across them, you will undoubtedly pass 60-80 hours of game time. There's just so much to do, and almost nothing is disappointing. Practically every quest has a backstory to it, and other than Treasure hunts, it's rarely as simple as "pick up a quest, go to place, kill thing, get reward," unless you play your Geralt in such a way that he only cares about being paid for his work.

So depending on how long your gaming sessions can last, the game should last you a couple weeks. Worst case scenario, you beat the game and have a couple days/week to run around the world finishing up quests you didn't finish, or just take a break and relax and bask in the wonderful (or tragic) memories you have of the game, cause sometimes, there are no good choices.