The Witcher 3 Pre-order, With Bonuses, Now Up To 20% Off From GOG

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
The Witcher 3 Pre-order, With Bonuses, Now Up To 20% Off From GOG

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's "best pre-order offer" includes the art book, soundtrack, a copy of Neverwinter Nights, and two The Witcher Adventure Game beta keys.

The Witcher 3 <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132833-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Delayed-To-2015>may have been delayed to 2015, but at least when it comes out players will have a variety of platforms to choose from. Some may buy it <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134733-The-Witcher-2-Enhanced-Edition-Launches-for-Linux-and-SteamOS>for next-gen consoles while others will snatch up <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134733-The-Witcher-2-Enhanced-Edition-Launches-for-Linux-and-SteamOS>the SteamOS edition, but CD Projekt is really hoping fans will pick up a GOG.com copy. Outside of the DRM-free copy you'd get with a pre-order, CD Projekt is sweetening the deal with extras, additional games, and up to 20% off the regular price tag.

If this is your first time buying a Witcher game from GOG, CD Projekt starts you off with a modest 10% discount ($53.99). If one of the previous games are in your GOG library, that discount increases to 15% ($50.99), while owning both games reduces the price to 20% ($47.99). If you purchased a retail copy of the previous games, and it came with a GOG redemption code, you can still unlock it to receive the full bonus.

Witcher 3 already has several bonuses from digital storefronts, including a high-quality digital artbook, bonus videos, and a Witcher 3 world map. On top of that, GOG is offering a staggering number of exclusives. A GOG purchase adds wallpapers, avatars, The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic, a soundtrack with 4 exclusive tracks to your digital haul. Meanwhile, the pre-order bonuses include two closed beta keys for The Witcher Adventure Game (<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135065-The-Witcher-Adventure-Game-Coming-to-PC-With-Closed-Beta>launching this summer on GOG's Galaxy client) and a copy of the RPG classic Neverwinter Nights.

As disappointing as it is that fans need to wait a year before concluding Geralt's adventure, this pre-order bonus certainly helps soften the blow. Bonuses like Neverwinter Nights will be available once the pre-order is completed, while others will be released prior to The Witcher 3's launch. And there's still more on the way; CD Projekt has announced that additional extras will be revealed in the near future.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is expected to launch on February 24, 2015.

[video=9328 autoplay=0]

Source: <a href=http://www.gog.com/news/exclusive_preorder_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_up_to_20_off>GOG

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
My only reaction to reading all of this (even though i own NWN)

I mean this game already looks amazing and all of these bonuses are making it ridiculously hard to brake my no pre order rule.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
And it's because of things like this I love CD Projekt. Although I'll be getting the physical copy because I want the collectors edition with the statue of Geralt slaying the griffin.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
And it's because of things like this I love CD Projekt. Although I'll be getting the physical copy because I want the collectors edition with the statue of Geralt slaying the griffin.
I second that!
I hope CD Project forgives us for not buying the game on GoG but going for the CE! ;)

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
So, I have the previous games on Steam but not GOG, so this is a really good way of NOT making me switch over. "Here have a discount if you were already with GOG, but fuck you if you're not" :(

Gaben can have his cut

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Alfador_VII said:
So, I have the previous games on Steam but not GOG, so this is a really good way of NOT making me switch over. "Here have a discount if you were already with GOG, but fuck you if you're not" :(

Gaben can have his cut
Actually, if you take your steam cd key, and enter it at
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
then you can get a free copy of it on GoG! I just tried it myself.

Edit: for some reason, the link added my comma to it. Try the link without the comma at the end. I fixed it myself in a spoiler.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Quick last point, if you live somewhere outside the US where your game price is artificially inflated, GoG will give you up to $15 in vouchers to spend on whatever you want. At least that's what I got buying in the UK.

So for pre-ordering Witcher 3 at 15% off, I got Privateer 2, Syndicate Wars, NeverWinter Nights Diamond, comic, art book and that warm fuzzy feeling that your helping someone who deserves it.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Really hope I can get my hands on a Collector's Edition, I've heard they they will be quite limited.

Have some issues with Amazon US at the moment and I'd rather buy from there than UK due to insane conversion to my currency with the latter (makes me pay double for the CE with shipping fee included).

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Broderick said:
Alfador_VII said:

Gaben can have his cut
Actually, if you take your steam cd key, and enter it at http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup then you can get a free copy of it on GoG! I just tried it myself.

Edit: for some reason, the link added my comma to it. Try the link without the comma at the end. I fixed it myself in a spoiler.
This. It's a shame that there's no link to that page from the Witcher 2 launcher, even though it really looks like a button. After that, you can use the GOG downloader to download everything in your account.

http://www.gog.com/downloader

Kahohess

Sep 12, 2011
First thing i did this morning when a woke up and saw the mail from GoG, was to pre-order... i know pre-orders are bad but in that case, i don't care !

And btw, those 4 tracks are so great, and free, and easy to DL while in the same time if i want the RoS soundtrack i have to buy it on that awfull iTune...

Apr 5, 2008
CD Projekt Red, unlike Ubi, EA, Squeenix and the like are still worthy of pre-orders. I suspect this will be in my collection shortly. The same deal (10-20%) applies on Steam as well, where the game is marked 20% off ($47.99) for me. I don't think any of those other extras are included tho. Which makes GoG very tempting...

Anyway, looking forward to this game. I'm glad they pushed it back since almost without exception, it's usually the sign of caring about the game, striving to improve it, add polish and we, the gamers, get a better product for it.

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
My credit card information was typed in faster than I can type, as soon as I saw the preorder go live. This game simply cannot come out fast enough, and neither can the money from my wallet.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I normally only pre order a few weeks in advance, but being CD and the witcher series I just went for it, not to mention the awesome deal of money off for owning witcher 2 on gog, the outside us discount and all the normal stuff you can't complain.

Great deal and got some good classics with the money back deal (Hitman 1 + 2 + Neverwinter)

Big Phil

May 4, 2010
Pre-ordered the game yesterday for $18.39 (I guess since I live in Ukraine the prices are lower than in the US). I already had both previous Witcher titles on GOG, but I first wanted to wait for official system requirements, but then I thought "Hey, I purchased both previous games, I'll end up buying this one as well sooner or later", so I decided to show some support for both CD Projekt and GOG and got the game on pre-order. Funny thing is, I didn't actually know what the bonus content was and I read this article today to find out about all of it. Now I also have NWN and everything else mentioned. I think this was an overall beneficial deal for both me and the other parties involved.