The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Preview - Couldn't Stop Playing

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Preview - Couldn't Stop Playing

Looking forward to big open adventures in The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

Read Full Article

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
Good to hear that the game seems solid, but this preview could probably have used another editing pass. I noticed numerous spelling and grammatical errors that ended up being fairly jarring.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I'm sooooooooooooooo much looking forward to thissssssssss........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
If this is supposed to take place a bit later, as Ciri looked to be in her early 20's in the promo art I saw(she was like 15-16 in the last book they translated into english), she should be a fair bit more flamboyant and showy if they keep any of her story from the books intact.
The reason for this is that although Geralt trained her, she ends up running with a group of young bandits, most of them victims of conflict in one way or another. The point is that they love to show off, they don't keep the gold they steal, the use it to buy pretty clothes and get villagers on their side. While she had a great base of training to draw from, it's not hard to see that she'd become more flashy in that environment.

Also, she has much higher magical potential than Geralt. She's untrained for the most part, but it'd be reasonable to have a desperation move be some kind of magical burst.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
a number of changes for everyone's favorite moody, white-haired protagonist,
Elric?

?I kid, I kid. I kid because I love.

Seriously, while I've missed the boat on this series the quality of work I've been hearing about on it has me tremendously excited to see how they handle Cyberpunk.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am still on the fence about this game for it does look interesting, but the combat in the first two games hurt my experience. Hopefully some of the changes to it might change my opinion once I am able to see more post-launch.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I am DIGGING the armor's they show in the screenshots. Like damn, also this game looks gorgeous. I am beyond pumped

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
My most anticipated game of 2015..I will sink hundreds of hours in this game and will replay it multiple times. Goodbye social life when it launches.

I recommend everyone to go and read the books (the last 3 are fan translated in english)..they will boost your immersion greatly when you start Witcher 3, since locations, characters and other things that you read in the books you will meet in the game (since it's open world now and you can travel to so many places that are referenced in the books).

Also you need to know how important Ciri and Yennefer actually are to the whole story and the books make it a perfect way to add more backstory to those two.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I really hope Witcher Sense isn't something you need to be using all the time. Or at the very least, it doesn't cause the whole screen to look wonky and headache inducing. It is a pet peeve of mine when games introduce special vision modes that reveal more information or secrets, and make it look like ass to view through. Since obviously, you are going to be using it 24/7 to avoid missing things. It just begs the question of why not just make that information always visible.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I can sort of understand the Witcher Sense ability, though I prefer how it worked in Witcher 2. Your medallion would rumble when you were near something magic, and it was up to you to find it yourself. For example, not many people would immediately know that there was a Witch in Lobinden outside Flotsam unless they paid attention to their medallion.

I'm also happy to hear that the segmented open world is being kept rather than a fully open world. It means that they're still keeping the open world localized, which allows for a much more realistic scale. (Flotsam, again, was a small fishing town and it was bigger than any city in Skyrim.)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Clive Howlitzer said:
I really hope Witcher Sense isn't something you need to be using all the time. Or at the very least, it doesn't cause the whole screen to look wonky and headache inducing. It is a pet peeve of mine when games introduce special vision modes that reveal more information or secrets, and make it look like ass to view through. Since obviously, you are going to be using it 24/7 to avoid missing things. It just begs the question of why not just make that information always visible.
This, so much this!

Detective mode (or whatever it was called) was literally the thing that drove me away from Arkham Asylum (and subsequent Arkham games) - I didn't dare turn it off so I wouldn't miss anything, but at the same time, I hated it because it made the game look ugly as hell. It was annoying and eventually I gave up to save myself the frustration...