The Wonderful 101 physical release delayed

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
just received an e-mail from Platinum Games regarding The Wonderful 101 Kickstarter that says:

Hey there all you Wonderful backers,

We hope you’re all taking care of yourselves in these difficult times. In this update, we want to address a few questions and concerns regarding game and reward delivery that have cropped up recently.

Physical Versions
Unfortunately, due to the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic, we’re expecting delays in preparing the US and EU physical versions. Backer rewards are being given the highest priority, but due to distribution issues, backers who have chosen physical versions of the game may receive it after general retail release. Our current estimate for the start of shipping rewards is late June. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

We know this is incredibly frustrating, and as a token of our apology for this, we will be providing all physical version backers with a Steam download code for The Wonderful 101: Remastered, so that they can play the game at the same time as backers who purchased the digital version.

Digital Versions
Codes for digital versions of The Wonderful 101: Remastered will go out to backers who pledged the corresponding tiers starting on May 7th. Due to the number of codes it may take some time for all backers to receive them, but we will work to get all digital tier backer codes out ahead of the retail release.

Physical Version Retail Release
Due to the effects of COVID-19 on production on distribution, the retail release date of The Wonderful 101: Remastered has been pushed back, to June 30th for the US version package release, and July 3rd for the EU version package release. While we are working to prioritize backer rewards, please bear in mind that the state of shipping and distribution in various areas may result in some backers getting their rewards after retail release. Again, we apologize for the unforeseen issues, and we are doing our best to get everyone the game as soon as possible.

We thank everyone for their patience in these unpredictable times, and hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
Yeah this news really sucks, but given that literally no one expected the Pandemic to happen it's fair enough. backers will still get their Digital release on time and it's awesome that even giving backers of the Physical version a free Steam Download code to help make up for the delay. :D

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah, kind of sucks. I appreciate they're handing out digital downloads to the physical backers (which includes myself) tho.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, kind of sucks. I appreciate they're handing out digital downloads to the physical backers (which includes myself) tho.
They're Steam download codes though so if you don't play on PC and use steam it becomes pretty useless

Might give my code to one of my mates

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
When are they giving out the codes? I just upgraded/rebuilt my PC Monday so I'm all set for playing it on PC as long it as has controller support.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
When are they giving out the codes? I just upgraded/rebuilt my PC Monday so I'm all set for playing it on PC as long it as has controller support.
Sometime early may. Probs this week or next before the original launch date

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saw it coming, but it's heartwarming for those are getting a digital download thatbacked it on Kickstarter. I have no worries as I have all the time in the world.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Big ups to any company who tries to make up for hiccups in things like this. The fact that they'll just toss physical backers with an extra game copy is pretty dope.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Check your emails.
The complimentary steam code has been emailed out.

Give the code to a friend if you don't play PC :)