The world's best fictional person.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Arthur Dent. He's the only person who thinks logically in situations that don't contain any logic.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
The Comedian from Watchmen. He's a real enigma, and also really cool, but mainly I like him because he does some really evil shit, yet (in the film anyway, haven't read the graphic novel) you still don't hate him.

I also think Makarov from MW2 is a great underrated character. I looked into his backstory a bit, but I think backstory or not he's great. There's just something really deadly about a man who's a terrorist for hire, not on any country's side unless they give him a reason in the form of crisp, thin notes. The fact that he willingly sides with an American general (Shepherd), despite having been a previous extremist wholeheartedly against the west, to massacre hundreds of his own people, shows insanity and deadly ability. Which I find awesome.
Yes, I love MW2 and I think he story is great, it's just most people don't think into it and thus don't understand it, which is udnerstandable, but I still love it. It actually makes a whole lot of (granted, unrealistic) sense.

Also, nearly every character from Naruto, except Sasuke. First series is the greatest story ever told in my opinion. The Anime, that is. Never got interested in the manga.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
David_G said:
My pick is... Ender, from Ender's Game.
I dunno, he was alot awesomer in Ender in Exile.
But Xenocide is still by far the best book in the series.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
I'd honestly say Jesus Christ as a great character from fiction, (please note this is just my personal view as an atheist and not in any way attempting to anger those of faith)

But in an effort to perhaps avoid unnecessary arguments my second choice would be John Constantine, sure he screws over most of his mates, but he's also a sarcastic egotist who's not afraid to spit in the eye of Satan and give the finger to a God who appears to have screwed him over in more ways than Satan ever could, I can relate to part of that.

Mainly the sarcastic egotist part but still

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
David_G said:
I haven't read Ender in Exile. And yes, Xenocide is really a great book, I don't get why it gets all the criticism.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
David_G said:
PoisonUnagi said:
David_G said:
I haven't read Ender in Exile. And yes, Xenocide is really a great book, I don't get why it gets all the criticism.
Probably because people like the more boring books, and hate innovative storylines.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
@OP: Difficult one... But I'd say Niko Bellic from GTA IV, The Joker and V from V for Vendetta as they're incredibly complex and deep characters while managing to stay coherent.

Honorable mention (and only 1 tiny step bellow the first place) to the entire TF2 crew, GlaDOS and pretty much every character Valve ever made for being extremely well rounded, interesting, and most of all, believable.

Mackheath said:
God.

the universes greatest troll since several billion BC.
Disagree. He's sooo unidimensional and... well... poorly written. I mean, he's a really good troll, but about as deep as a rain puddle and about as interesting as watching paint dry.

OmegaCheese

Nov 19, 2009
Ezio Auditore! The one who can stab people secretly but still sport a spiffying outfit of his choice.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Spider Jerusalem: He hates the people of the world and yet he feels compeled to try and help them. He's a drug abuser, a scum bag, violent, and most likely insane and yet he is more decent then most. His grip on reality is loose to say the least and yet he is able to look past the bullshit, the smoke screens, the red tape and see what is really going on. He loves fame, money, and the ability to make people violently shit themselves yet he'd gladly trade it all (well mabey not the shitting part) just to tell the truth. "The Truth no matter what."

Spider is a strange character to have to analize. He is very dynamic and rounded and he seems to change as the story goes on only to more or less come full circle to what he started as in the beginning of the story. And while most characters change due to outside events happening to them, with Spider you always get the sense that each phase of his personality was always there he was just waiting for the right time to shift gears. So its not so much Spider that changes as a character, but rather everyone around Spider that changes. He is the insane center of the ever changing storm.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
I think my choice might fall on Raistlin from the dragonlance series because he is just made of awesome.

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
Hard to choose between these 2...

G'Kar: A warrior whose burning hatred drives him to mind-rape and almost murder, who then spends time in prison for the act and has a spiritual awakening, then leads his people to freedom and a new beginning after having this home planet almost completely destroyed. Also the mouthpiece of some of the most inspiring speeches I've heard in a long time.

Londo Mollari: A drunken buffoon who almost single-handedly brings the entire galaxy to the brink of destruction, all stemming from one off-the-cuff remark. Goes on to become the most tragic villain seen in Sci-Fi ever (as far as I know, YMMV). The biggest irony being that all of the atrocities committed because of him were inspired by his desire to do the right thing for his people and homeland, and ultimately they are the ones that suffer for it.

Both well written and rounded characters with their failings and their strengths, victories and tragedies. Something Babylon 5 did well, instead of the usual bad guy/good guy line being drawn in the sand and having half the cast line up on either side.

ayanematrix

Jul 22, 2010
Segeta Sanshiro!

SEGA SATURN SHIRO!

Couldn't pass up saying this for once. :D Such an excellent marketing gimmick and character, with Kevin Butler coming a close second.