The worst and most pointless weapon in any game.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
AuronFtw said:
Rinoa's retarded magical gravity-defying bladed frisbee arm-mounted launcher, that also sometimes doubled as a dog cannon. From ff8. You know the one.

Jesus christ I'm losing IQ just thinking about it.
How? Junction 99 Ultima to her STR, and it does 9999 like anyone else. Plus, put enough work into it, and she has the highest possible damage in the game.
Not from autoattacking! Quistis has an instakill anyway, why would I bother working on rinoa :p

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
I'd say any weapon in Crysis 3 that isn't the bow.

Seriously, if you played that game you know how much that thing is overpowered.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
superpandasauras said:
I'm going to have to go with the Spy-cicle from Team Fortress 2.
Seeing as a ton of weapons have no back-stab sound, and it can be melted by the Spy coming in contact with fire.

Oh, and to My name is Fiction, you're a positive person, I like you.
DR+Spy-cicle is a clean getaway for most spies in TF2, it's called a scrub loadout for a reason. Yes you have to back off for a bit to get your knife back, but it lets you run off after Ringing without getting caught hardly ever.

MeChaNiZ3D said:
EDIT: Oh and the fucking Sanctus. Shield that is meant to regenerate your health, in reality does something like 2HP per 2 seconds and doesn't even heal out poison. Any health regen effects on weapons in Dark Souls are fairly useless, but the Sanctus doesn't even have 100% block, so you'll probably take more damage by not using a better shield than you'll heal thanks to its regen. Shields can be weapons.
I actually run Sanctus with my character because while I'm doing PvP it lets me heal up without pausing for Estus or having to stop to use Humanity. It's not a great regen, but it's better than nothing. Makes me realize how fucking broken the Abjuncator's Shield was in Demon's Souls once you got it fully leveled. That with a regen ring meant you could out heal poison and toxic at the same time without grassing, it was retarded, and it's why Sanctus isn't anywhere near as powerful.

OT: The Sun on a Stick from TF2 is worthless as hell. An Axetinguisher for the Scout? A character that has no fire based attacks? I can see it being useful in areas where a Pryo is lighting everything on fire, but it's so circumstantial that it's worthless.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Isalan said:
No love for the Bio Rifle from the UT series? Instant switch back to the starting pistol if I grabbed that one.
Gonna have to disagree with you there, I love the bio rifle. Not exactly a weapon of choice, but still preferable to, say, minigun. It deals pretty insane amounts of damage, can create minefields that kill people even after you got fragged, and fully charged can one shot pretty much anybody.

OT: the Carbonite gun from Dark Forces 2: Mysteries of Sith comes to mind. It makes frozen statues out of people (which is cool) but it has lousy range, it takes a long time to freeze someone, and its ammo reserve is low. Also, you can finish off the frozen enemies by bashing and shattering them into pieces. Sharp, flying pieces that damage *you*. Just useless.

WongKy

Nov 7, 2012
Useless = Mass Effect 3 Geth Assault Rifle
Useful = That Hammer from Red Fraction ARmageddon

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I would have to say the anti personel rockets you can give to your Lancers in Valkyria Chronicles. They pointless because because the Scouts are pretty accurate and a few shots to the head will generally take an enemy down. The Troopers are basically bullet sponges, especially if they have something like Strong Willed as one of their attributes, you can get them close enough to any human enemy (not including bosses) to put them down in a few hits. Even the Engineers are pretty decent with a rifle so long as they don't get too shot up.

The Lancers are your only anti tank footsoldiers in the game and they only use 1 action point at a time, which makes them far more useful than using your tanks as anything but mobile cover. Why the hell would you use them for anything other than taking out tanks when you have a whole squadron full of people wanting to take out the ground troops?

The last factor in the uselessness of the anti personel rockets is that they are inaccurate as fuck with no AoE, unlike the grenades which can be one hit kills if used right especially when they can be fired from rifles later on in the game.

Utterly useless.

Zefyrix

Feb 11, 2013
I have to say the Magnum pistol from Halo 3. In Halo 1 it was THE weapon of choice, good clip, good fire rate, good damage, good range with a zoom. In halo 2 it got worse. But in halo 3. It got really really slow in fire rate, the damage was awful and they even removed the zoom on it. Usually some of the weaker weapons like the SMG or plasma rifles were usable in dual wield situations, but there really wasn't any reason to pick up the magnum with another gun. Not even the plasma pistol as the chance of hitting that headshot right after using the plasma pistol wasn't reliable enough.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
The Bane in borderlands 2. Not only does the slowed movement screw you, but the sounds it makes are extremely annoying

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
WanderingFool said:
Off the top of my head?

KSG from Blops 2 (seriously, why the fuck is it a slug gun?)
Shotgun from DE:HR (not the silverback, the vanilla one)
Hyperion sniper rifles from BL2 (Hyperion weapons actually work better fired from the hip, as there to much sway when ADS'ing before firing.
Every heavy weapon from ME2 (save the Cain, which is to be use when you have zero fucks to give about "collateral damage")
There's a fuck ton of weapons in FONV, but any pistol which fires bullets that can be fired from a rifle. (no need for a 357 revolver when I have the cowboy rifle.)
The combat shotgun from FO3 (my sneezes in game where more effective.)

Thats it for now...
What!? The combat shotgun rocked ! What do you mean ? How... Why ? just why !?

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
The Rubber Chicken from Runescape back in 2006 or 2007 I believe was when the rubber chicken came out on an Easter event. It was fun to use in duels because you would EVENTUALLY do 1 damage after like 15 '0s'.

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
Zefyrix said:
I have to say the Magnum pistol from Halo 3. In Halo 1 it was THE weapon of choice, good clip, good fire rate, good damage, good range with a zoom. In halo 2 it got worse. But in halo 3. It got really really slow in fire rate, the damage was awful and they even removed the zoom on it. Usually some of the weaker weapons like the SMG or plasma rifles were usable in dual wield situations, but there really wasn't any reason to pick up the magnum with another gun. Not even the plasma pistol as the chance of hitting that headshot right after using the plasma pistol wasn't reliable enough.
Actually the H3 Mag' was a pretty good trolling weapon once you got good with it.
It was the equivalent of a crappy, hard to use, one handed BR at close to medium ranges. I remember duel wielding under... Snowbound I think it was? (two purple bases, snow up top, turrets on edge of map) And out fighting shotguns, plasma rifles, maulers, BRs, assault rifles and sometimes smgs.

Anyway it was a good way to let most who thought they were good with a BR or other "only pro's can use insert weapon name" know that they most definitely were not. As I said, Good trolling weapon. Oh and yea the H2 magnum sucked.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Hyperion sniper rifles from BL2 (Hyperion weapons actually work better fired from the hip, as there to much sway when ADS'ing before firing.
Are you kidding?
Hyperion makes arguably the best sniper rifles in the game. Does less damage and has a lot of initial sway, sure, but the reverse recoil is EXTREMELY useful in ultimate vault hunter mode. You'll never kill the toughest enemies in one shot, so being able to fire accurately in quick succession is invaluable. Besides, accuracy perks and such does reduce the initial sway, so if you're specced for accuracy, the sway really isn't that bad. It'll still hit where you're aiming anyway.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
The knife in Battlefield 2. It had an excruciatingly long draw time, so you could never get it out in time in a situation where you might need it (i.e. when you're out of ammo and the baddies are running towards you). It also had a ridiculously short range, you could be classified as ''dryhumping'' you had to be that close. Never used it because I never got the chance.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
MeChaNiZ3D said:
shrekfan246 said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
I just have it as the secondary shield and swap to it when I think I've cleared most of an area out and don't want to waste an Estus Flask if I've taken damage.
But sadly that's about the only use for it, and really that means it saves you the one humanity it would have taken to kindle the Bonfire. But it is painfully slow. Often I'd rather Homeward Bone and try again, it'd certainly be more time and soul effective. I even made a build with two Sanctuses and Regeneration once to try and make it worthwhile. It wasn't, at all. I then swapped the left Sanctus to a Black Knight Shield in the hopes I could block for no damage while the other one healed me. Took far too long. I also had a Server for regen per hit. Good for 8HP a strike. Not at all worth it. I realise that they didn't want a repeat of the regen builds from DeS or for anything to be able to out-heal Power Within, but the regen in Dark Souls is a joke, sadly. Regeneration as a miracle is probably the best bet, and it only just out-heals plain poison. Not even toxic.
Well,
I realise that they didn't want a repeat of the regen builds from DeS or for anything to be able to out-heal Power Within,
That's the point though.

There are plenty of ways to quickly get health back if you really need it, constant regen during combat that can outheal whatever damage you're taking if you're really defensive would trivialize most of the challenge of the game. As fun as some people might find completely breaking the difficulty curve of a game, I'm pretty sure that's not what the developers wanted to happen. It would have broken any PvP as well, because there would be Phantoms invading who could just regen more damage than the person they've invaded could deal out, and/or every single person would need to carry regen items equipped on them at all times. As it stands, I think the items are all balanced rather nicely with each other. There are perks and bonuses to using one thing over another, and sure you'll occasionally find weapons or armor that're just straight better than whatever you've equipped, but there are plenty of things you'll find that will make you consider what you gain and lose by swapping for it, which is how RPGs should work rather than all of the silly bloated upgrades plaguing practically every other RPG on the market.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
The Fat Man in FO3. It's way too heavy, does far more damage than is necessary, and there are only 99 mini-nukes to be found in the vanilla game. It's the weapon that I feel compelled to save for the moment that I would need it, but that moment never comes. I used it once as a last resort when I got swarmed by a horde of feral ghoul reavers. I actually would have been fine without it, if one of the reavers didn't glitch, and dodge almost every round fired at it.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Any of the secondary weapons from The Witcher. They don't utilize any of your three fighting styles, and they're considerably weaker than you swords. They were really only good for selling.

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
The cog pistol in gears one... Unless you were accurate, then it was a pocket portable brain basket. So hard to use, almost impossible.
But a fucking nightmare in the right hands, as I learned the "hard and long" way.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Whatever that gun in Fallout 3 was called that hurled whatever loose objects happened to be around at the enemies. It was pretty funny to hurl random garbage at enemies, but it wasn't overly useful.
The Rock-It launcher? Fun but pretty pathetic :p

I'm voting for the Glock in CS, if they have armour then you better be ready to use those 20 bullets

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
The Fork of Horripilation!

It's the least damaging weapon in Morrowind and it only damages Magicka, your own!

It even made a return in the Shivering Isles where it's equally useless as well as hilarious.