The worst attribute of the internet

Farson89

Apr 16, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
The best thing about the internet: Everyone can do whatever they want.

The worst thing about the internet: Everyone can do whatever they want.
This x1000.

The freedom of the internet is somewhat of a double-edged sword however I would say that despite all the people who abuse that freedom I wouldn't trade that for a more restricted internet, not in a million years.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
BanthaFodder said:
lesse here:
Furries (not the "I swear to GOD it's not a sexual thing" kind, I mean the "I ship Sonic the Hedgehog with Pikachu... and they're both wearing diapers" kind)

Weeaboos ("SOUTH PARK? THE SIMPSONS? STAR WARS? EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SUPER KAWAII MOE DESU KITTYFACE JAILBAIT SCHOOLGIRLS IS THE BEST FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT ON THE PLANET!!! THAT OR NARUTO!!! UGUUUUUUUUU!!! >=3")

Rule 34 ("hey Wayne... were you ever sexually attracted to Bugs Bunny as a kid? ... me niether...")

Hackers ("i brawt down a webz site, can i haz frendz nao? no? PHUK U, i NO i COOL, i BRAKE ROOLEZ"

Nostalgiafags ("THERE SHOULD ONLY BE 150 POKEMON. EVERY GAME AFTER GEN 1 IS A STEAMING PILE OF SHIT. DIGIMON, LOLOLOLOLOL")

Fragheads ("hEy GuYs, AdD mE oN xBl, MaH gAmErTaG iZ xXxEliteSniperPwnsUrMomAndSmokesWeedxXx")

Little kids ("WOW so gay not sack boy the wii" "your a dick this fucken video is terrible" "Have you ever heard the thing called THE A BUTTON??????? HUH DID U" "dude this looks worses than a pig with mud !" "if all of your miis looks like a piece of crap please don't post anymore videos." These are all REAL comments left on my videos. I used to make Mii tutorials by the way... yeah... a pig with mud... burn...)

shockingly, this is all I can think of atm...
I think this user pretty much summed it up.

Purkki

Apr 4, 2010
Youtube's misusers, basically all that crap that's on the front page. Also, vloggers.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Not restricted to the internet but the fact that kids get stereotyped as dumb and immature. We are just as likely to be smart as anyone over the age of 18.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
Most of the badness has already been covered, but I would like to add the amount we depend on the internet. Not talking about about people who are addicted to online things, that's a whole other barrel of fun to be discussed, but the fact that more and more things are done solely on the internet, and computers. Why in God's name can't I just fill in a form at the bloody desk, rather than have to go all the way back home, fill in an online form, print it out, and bring it back! It's bloody insane

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Spam.
Any kind of spam, from innocent chain mails to organized crime spread through the internet.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
The people on it. Suddenly, when on the interwebz, people develop a backbone because they can't be punched back for their insults.

The resources available is what appeals to me the most. I can find a guitar lesson on the tubez or watch a cat video or read an article on politics etc. The internet is more of a central hub of information to me.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Hatchet90 said:
Hey guess what?

The cake is a lie!!!!!

Bwahahahahaha.

That and fanboyism as a whole.

Also the fact that any comment or video related to religion or politics immediately becomes a self righteous holy war
good times indeed!

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7pnMVNvPE

Everything you need to know about the worst attribute of the internet is right there.

Apologies for the language and other content in the video, its simply being proffered as a clear cut case study of the problem with the internet.

It started with us, and now our children take it to the next level.

We are to blame. Because we're the ones that started the flame wars and sh*t talk online back in Quake and Quake II and now our children show us that they can take what we established, and, bring it to a whole different level.

We lacked responsibility. Those of us in the 30 to 40 age range, right now, for the way we used the internet when it started to become mainstream. We were the ones that established the rules of trolling and flaming and asinine behavior.

And now, its out of control, its coming back our way, and we don't like what it looks like.

Lets not blame the internet, lets blame ourselves. The internet simply reflects back at us everything we put into it.

TLDR Version: Garbage in, garbage out.

esplode

Dec 17, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
The best thing about the internet: Everyone can do whatever they want.

The worst thing about the internet: Everyone can do whatever they want.
Sums it up completely. I thought it would be hard to narrow it down to only one attribute, but that works beautifully.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
BanthaFodder said:
lesse here:
Furries (not the "I swear to GOD it's not a sexual thing" kind, I mean the "I ship Sonic the Hedgehog with Pikachu... and they're both wearing diapers" kind)

Weeaboos ("SOUTH PARK? THE SIMPSONS? STAR WARS? EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SUPER KAWAII MOE DESU KITTYFACE JAILBAIT SCHOOLGIRLS IS THE BEST FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT ON THE PLANET!!! THAT OR NARUTO!!! UGUUUUUUUUU!!! >=3")

Rule 34 ("hey Wayne... were you ever sexually attracted to Bugs Bunny as a kid? ... me niether...")

Hackers ("i brawt down a webz site, can i haz frendz nao? no? PHUK U, i NO i COOL, i BRAKE ROOLEZ"

Nostalgiafags ("THERE SHOULD ONLY BE 150 POKEMON. EVERY GAME AFTER GEN 1 IS A STEAMING PILE OF SHIT. DIGIMON, LOLOLOLOLOL")

Fragheads ("hEy GuYs, AdD mE oN xBl, MaH gAmErTaG iZ xXxEliteSniperPwnsUrMomAndSmokesWeedxXx")

Little kids ("WOW so gay not sack boy the wii" "your a dick this fucken video is terrible" "Have you ever heard the thing called THE A BUTTON??????? HUH DID U" "dude this looks worses than a pig with mud !" "if all of your miis looks like a piece of crap please don't post anymore videos." These are all REAL comments left on my videos. I used to make Mii tutorials by the way... yeah... a pig with mud... burn...)

shockingly, this is all I can think of atm...
In other words: Other people.

It's a sentiment I can agree with; but paradoxically disagree with since without other people, there actually wouldn't be any internet, and that SLIGHTLY outweighs there being stupid people on the internet.

Nightrunex

Mar 16, 2011
"The fact that there is always the chance that what you read on the internet is wrong" - Martin Luther King Jr.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, come on now. You have to ask what the internet's worst attribute is?

It's the people.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
The worst thing about the internet is the League of Legends community.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Oh, there are plenty of things wrong with the Internet. The problem is that you can't box people in the face for being outrageously stupid/biased/perverted/fanboyish/etc.
That, and people who try to force their opinions on others, especially the My Little Pony thing. I'm not saying it's on this site, but there's a strong difference between saying "Hey, you should watch this. You might like it." and saying "ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US."
One more thing: people who get pissed off at people who don't share their opinion.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
That Greek Guy said:
We all know how great the internet is and how easy and amazing it is to share anything with anyone anywhere but sometimes i wish it was never invented. So im asking what do you think is the worst thing about the internet.

Personally i think its the rule 34(rule 43 for some).
I hate how the internet has strangled, mutilated, consumed, raped and corrupted everything that i held innocent and pure in my mind since i was a kid. The things that i've seen....
You know censoring the internet is possibly far worse than just one website that you can easily avoid by not visiting it but when the whole internet is censored then you got something to worry about than just R34 a website that as of recently is down upon it's knees.