The Worst Big Youtubers

Assassin Xaero

New member
Jul 23, 2008
5,393
0
0
Diablo2000 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
May I ask for exemples? I seen several of TotalBiscoit's Wtf is... and altought I seen he not liking a game for not being his thing, I yet to see he bash a game for no good reason.
I may have worded that badly. I mean that I would be looking for a game on the Steam trading forums, and then someone would say it was a horrible game. After I asked why, all they did was link me one of his videos. They had never played the game, they just watched him play it, and since he said it was bad, they said it was bad.

What I dislike about him in general, just from watching a few of his videos, it sort of seemed like he was looking for reasons to hate certain games. In Duke Nukem Forever, he said it was too linear and "too scripted". For Red Faction Armageddon, at the beginning, he kept going on about how linear it was. Since when is linear a bad thing? Does every game need to be open world? I'll admit these are games that most people would say were bad (I loved them though), and I still see a difference between not liking it and looking for reasons not to like it. I may try and watch one of his videos of a more "popular" game, but after about 5 minutes of his whining, I can barely stand to watch anymore.
 

Griffolion

New member
Aug 18, 2009
2,207
0
0
I'm not a massive fan of TotalBiscuit. His voice just really grates on me. I'm not sure why.
 

CorvusFerreum

New member
Jun 13, 2011
316
0
0
Assassin Xaero said:
Diablo2000 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
May I ask for exemples? I seen several of TotalBiscoit's Wtf is... and altought I seen he not liking a game for not being his thing, I yet to see he bash a game for no good reason.
I may have worded that badly. I mean that I would be looking for a game on the Steam trading forums, and then someone would say it was a horrible game. After I asked why, all they did was link me one of his videos. They had never played the game, they just watched him play it, and since he said it was bad, they said it was bad.

What I dislike about him in general, just from watching a few of his videos, it sort of seemed like he was looking for reasons to hate certain games. In Duke Nukem Forever, he said it was too linear and "too scripted". For Red Faction Armageddon, at the beginning, he kept going on about how linear it was. Since when is linear a bad thing? Does every game need to be open world? I'll admit these are games that most people would say were bad (I loved them though), and I still see a difference between not liking it and looking for reasons not to like it. I may try and watch one of his videos of a more "popular" game, but after about 5 minutes of his whining, I can barely stand to watch anymore.
If I remember correctly he didn't bash Armageddon for beeing to linear and even mentioned that the original Red Faction was linear.
He also almost always states, that he is doing a first impression series and that people interested in a game should also consult other sources. You have all right to dislike him, but holding him responsible for some of his fans only taking into account his opinion seems a bit unfair to me. Especially if you consider he's encouraging his fans to seek out other sources. Just my two cents on this.


OT:
I tend to ignore youtubers I don't enjoy, so I don't really register all that much bad youtubers. Some fanbases on the other hand....
For example: I have absolutely no problem with PewDiePie. I don't enjoy his videos, so I don't watch them. If someone watches and enjoys them I'm totaly cool with that. They might even tell me, how much they enjoy it. I won't mind. But why, for the love of god, must some people spam other youtubevideos claiming that PDP is better or that this video idea was stolen from PewDiePie (because it was a LP of a game PDP also made a LP of). It's annoying. Stop it. I kinda
 

dfphetteplace

New member
Nov 29, 2009
1,090
0
0
Jenna Marbles. She is not funny, at all. I find her annoying and without talent. She had one video that was kind of funny making fun of Sarah Palin, but that isn't too hard to do.
 

Assassin Xaero

New member
Jul 23, 2008
5,393
0
0
CorvusFerreum said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Diablo2000 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
May I ask for exemples? I seen several of TotalBiscoit's Wtf is... and altought I seen he not liking a game for not being his thing, I yet to see he bash a game for no good reason.
I may have worded that badly. I mean that I would be looking for a game on the Steam trading forums, and then someone would say it was a horrible game. After I asked why, all they did was link me one of his videos. They had never played the game, they just watched him play it, and since he said it was bad, they said it was bad.

What I dislike about him in general, just from watching a few of his videos, it sort of seemed like he was looking for reasons to hate certain games. In Duke Nukem Forever, he said it was too linear and "too scripted". For Red Faction Armageddon, at the beginning, he kept going on about how linear it was. Since when is linear a bad thing? Does every game need to be open world? I'll admit these are games that most people would say were bad (I loved them though), and I still see a difference between not liking it and looking for reasons not to like it. I may try and watch one of his videos of a more "popular" game, but after about 5 minutes of his whining, I can barely stand to watch anymore.
If I remember correctly he didn't bash Armageddon for beeing to linear and even mentioned that the original Red Faction was linear.
He also almost always states, that he is doing a first impression series and that people interested in a game should also consult other sources. You have all right to dislike him, but holding him responsible for some of his fans only taking into account his opinion seems a bit unfair to me. Especially if you consider he's encouraging his fans to seek out other sources. Just my two cents on this.
I don't exactly hold him responsible for what his fans do, but since I don't care for him and all these people give him so much praise, it sort of knocks him down more in my eyes. Sort of like with Halo. It is a decent shooter game, but since people treat it like a gift from God and it isn't even close to that, it goes from "decent" down to "bad" just because it lacks the praise people give it (at least in my eyes).
 

ReinofFire

New member
Jun 30, 2009
103
0
0
judging from how many comments there are on PewDiePie I guess Ill have to defend him as best I can

1. From the looks of it most people have only watched 1 or 2 videos of PewDiePie, which is ok, to each his own, but dear god do you really think that all the videos are about him shouting "RAPE" and acting for a camera? (and for those assholes who will eventually say "well I did watch all of his videos and they were just like that", please STFU, people like what they like and nothing will change that, least of all a pessimist.

2. If you want to know why he got so big, it wasn't just because of the videos themselves, he is really good at editing and while other youtubers may have something more on par with whatever your looking for, if they have poor editing skills they won't have as many views. I'm sorry, I prefer videos that have been put together very well, instead of videos that may have a good message but seriously need work on the "video" portions.

3. Last but not least, PewDiePie is a pretty good guy. Say what you want about other youtubers being more "AWESOMER AND BETTERER" than him but if they are assholes, or worse they refuse to apologize for obviously offensive stuff, they will not get views and they do not "deserve" them.

hopefully this defended him well enough, I really don't care about other people's opinions, but this site is pretty dear to me and I don't want assholes ruining it by being pessimistic about everything.
 

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
732
0
0
I'm reminded of a video from a collective group of YouTube personalities on one sketch channel. It was a Music video for some rapper called PHAMOUS (the song, not the rapper). The lyrics even referred to one of them as famous and I really questioned that. I'm going to say the worst youtubers are the ones that have no real gauge on the concept of celebrity. Though I guess that may be subjective.
 

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
7,405
0
0
Toxinthegreat said:
Annoying Orange because he is too annoying to exist.
Sounds like he's doing his job. XD

OT: I have watched a bit of iJustine's playthough of Portal 2. It was kinda cringeworthy to say the least. And the fact that she adamentaly refused to call Wheately by his name was kind of annoying as well.

Also I sorta have mixed feelings on Pewdiepie. I watched a couple of his vids and I found him kinda funny. But after seeing "Adults react to Pewdiepie" I can see why people would find him annoying.

I don't know, he just did a playthough on Shadow of the Colossus and he's currently playing Nino No Kuni, so by the looks of things, his taste in games isn't bad at all to say the least. So I might give him another chance just to see if he's really that bad.
 

Pink Gregory

New member
Jul 30, 2008
2,296
0
0
Griffolion said:
I'm not a massive fan of TotalBiscuit. His voice just really grates on me. I'm not sure why.
It's a weird thing like he's got an actual northern accent but he sounds like an American trying to imitate a northern accent.

To me he sounds like Ringo Starr.
 

The Breadcrab

New member
Mar 20, 2011
171
0
0
woodaba said:
While I still like the Yogscast to a certain degree, they've long since past their prime. Though, to be fair, it isn't totally their fault. The Yogscast audience is an absolute wretched hive of scum and villainy. I still watch them on occasion, and occasionally, they produce something great, but their time has long since passed.

Other than that, the usual suspects apply. I'd like to add Razorfist into the mix as well, because while I do find him funny, it's definitely a guilty pleasure, because his reviews are generally terrible as reviews (Dishonored is bad because it's not Thief) and the man himself is an insufferable, pretentious, arrogant jerk who treats everyone with differing opinions to him as an idiot.
Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning Razorfist! I agree; his reviews mostly consist of the most trivial complaints imaginable blown out of proportion (Catherine's animation style, something about banking in Ace Combat: AH) or him comparing a game to another one (Dishonored sucks because it's not Thief, Dead Space sucks because it's not System Shock). To top it all off, his reviews are edited sloppily, he constantly cracks jokes about other games/films being vaguely 'shit,' he's often outright hypocritical or factually incorrect (How could MGS rip off Deus Ex? it came first!), and he has an utterly pretentious and malicious personality that makes him thoroughly unlikable. To me, the cardinal sin of reviews is outright insulting a game's audience/fanbase, and Razorfist does this repeatedly. He even goes out of his way to reviews titles, like Final Fantasy XIII and various CoD titles, seemingly for the express purpose of doing so, despite repeatedly stating that he dislikes said series' and their fanbases.

He's definitely not a huge presence on Youtube, but his vocal and dedicated fanbase is just as hateful and narrow-minded as he is. Simply put, the guy's a cynical and spiteful hack.
 

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
3,560
0
0
I used to like PewDiePie, but then, well, his videos got old pretty fast. I don't have anything against him, he actually seems like a pretty cool guy, it's just the way he plays in his videos that rubs me in the wrong ways, I don't mind him screaming and saying stupidities, they're actually kinda funny, it's just the way he plays that I don't like.

However, the one I really can't stand is Total Biscuit. I seriously want to punch a bag full of puppies after watching one of his videos. I. DON'T. STAND. HIM.

Game Grumps. Ugh. Seriously, the very concept of John Tron (wich is still hi-larious in his videos) and Ego Raptor together was a seriously cool concept, but then... ugh... I like them alone in their own videos doing their own concepts, but together they just... *pukes a bit into mouth*
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,370
0
0
shrekfan246 said:
inb4 PewDiePie.
Damn. Beat me to it.

I've only seen one video of his(Slender) and it was just annoying as hell. Wasn't funny it was just him making noises as he played.
 

shadyh8er

New member
Apr 28, 2010
1,778
0
0
Andy Shandy said:
And PewDiePie. I try not to rage about him as much as others here, but I do find it abhorrent that someone like him has 4million+ subscribers for his...take on comedy.

There has to be some hidden joke that I've missed out on when it comes to that guy, honestly.
Dude. The guy himself has gone on record saying he has no idea why people find him funny. He said he's just being himself and got lucky.

OT: I got sick of RayWilliamJohnson after I realized I was only watching him because he had wallpaper made entirely of the pages from Watchmen.
 

Knight1172

New member
May 7, 2008
26
0
0
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
I love TotalBiscuit to pieces, but this is my only problem with him. He's created a paradox where he tries to get his subscribers to be thoughtful, considerate people, yet his opinions are so strong that it polarises them. TB doesn't present the agreeable, negotiable side of himself outside of the TGS Podcast, where often argues amicably with Jesse - in his videos, he seems to only talk about railing against one side or the other.

He takes a side very strongly, and his lads follow him like sheep because they saw someone they respect and admire spouting it's virtues. Then, they defend it, because if that view is wrong, their idol is wrong.

It's a shame, because TotalBiscuit is such a positive influence on many of his subscribers, it's just they take his views without thinking through them.
 

Lancer873

New member
Oct 10, 2009
520
0
0
People have gone on about most of the big ones already. RWJ, Yogscast, Annoying Orange, Pewdiepie...

However, on an anti-this-thread moment, I have to say that I rather like sxephil because while he does go on about some celebrity stuff and whatnot he actually has quite a bit of global, political, and genuinely good news on his channel. I mean, the guy has actually read the Quran to try to better understand the Islam religion despite being an atheist.
 

afroebob

New member
Oct 1, 2011
470
0
0
Andy Shandy said:
Basically all of the YouTube celebrities that their entire thing is reporting celebrity gossip and random stories(sxephil, Ray William Johnson, countless others) are just the worst.
Just wondering, why hate Sxephil? He rarely if ever does celebrity gossip (he will talk about celebrities, that doesn't make it gossip) and I don't really understand what you mean by a random story, its pretty vague. Is it a story about a random event? Was it random because the event was obscure or unimportant? Just wondering and I can't say anything about RWJ cause I don't watch him.

Anyways, Amazing Atheist, iJustine and Fred.
 

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
2,089
0
0
UberHaxxorNova... Used to watch him because he was kind of funny every so often.

But nowadays... Well let's just say that if you want to watch videos of somene missing the point while playing videogames and screaming the word fuck then go right ahead.

Oh! And select members of the Yogscast, I love watching Sips and Sjinn (mostly Sjinn) and Duncan's Tekkit series has helped me through Tekkit a shed load, everyone else in that outfit is just not worth the time really.

IHasCupQuake, no one who wants to create a baking sub-series on their "let's play" channel should ever utter the words "just get your premade cake mix". And think it's fine...

Seems like I'm ragging on Minecraft Let's players here, and I don't mean to... But ChimneySwift11... If I ever hear him fucking scream "It's FRIDAAAAAAAAY!" Again...

Never saw Fred when she was on the internet, but caught a glimpse of her when my neice was watching iCarly, legitimately almost caused me to have a nosebleed...
 

Ryan Hughes

New member
Jul 10, 2012
557
0
0
*Uses the opportunity to talk about a cool YouTuber*

Stop all the hate, and check out Brady Haran's channels. Basically he does documentaries about various intellectual subjects, interviewing professors and instructors at the University of Nottingham.

Chemistry:
https://www.youtube.com/user/periodicvideos

Biblical Theology:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bibledex

Physics:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sixtysymbols

Among others.