The Worst Big Youtubers

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Soods said:
boots said:
The Amazing Atheist, though that one's been kind of obvious ever since Redditgate.
I probably liked one of his videos, but after watching that horrible anti-vegetarian [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQG9PhDNnk][footnote]Basically claimed that people go vegetarian because they're afraid of x species going extinct while completely ignoring the environmental impact or ethics.[/footnote] video I just can't stand that guy. Also I am not a fan of aggressive personalities, so that's another minus.
OT: Machinima, that channel is just flooding with content, most of which seem rather dumb.
He did WHAT!? Oh come on! Just when you think your opinion of a man can't dip any further.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Any that should be on child's tv, such as cbbc, such as pewdiepie, yogscast etc.

If you're being screechy, saying random shit and trying to be wacky in order to get a laugh, you're such a person.

A lot of comedy on tv belongs in the same pile, little Britain, the mighty boost and black books.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I don't hate any youtubers because if I watch a video and don't like it I don't watch any more. This means that there aren't any youtubers I can't stand, just youtubers that I watched one of their videos, was unimpressed, and moved on. Why would you purposefully subject yourself to more of something if you didn't enjoy it?

Nov 28, 2007
I'm in the boat of "don't like, don't watch". There are those who I am amazed are still around (seriously, how is The Irate Gamer still getting views?), but I just ignore it.

As far as people I do like, if you like musicians, These [http://www.youtube.com/user/331Erock?feature=g-u-u] guys [http://www.youtube.com/user/CRCanada/videos?view=0] are pretty awesome.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Keoul said:
Yeah this is a problem where it's the audience to blame, not the "Celebrity" in question.

They're just making content and having fun, they don't exactly make themselves popular, the audience did. Getting angry at them for their popularity is silly since they're just pleasing the masses and you can't get made at them for doing that.

Just ignore them and avoid their videos, stop giving them attention and they'll fade away soon enough. I barely even see videos by these youtube celebrities anyway because of that reason.
You know, that is a very mature way to look at it. And that certainly seems to be the general case.

Trouble is, the fact that most of these people just spout out stupidity all the time isn't the only thing they do. The audience has plenty to answer for, but so do the posters themselves, due to the content in their videos. People have already mentioned PewDiePie. His random screaming all the livelong day is irritating enough. But he constantly, constantly, CONSTANTLY makes excessive rape jokes and other sexual humor. Even several of his videos have titles such as these.

Then there's Fred. Probably the general go-to "Horrible YouTube Celebrity". The high-pitched squeaky voice is already annoying enough, and is the basis for virtually all of his supposed attempts at humor. But then he also stalks some girl all the time and goes to some rather questionable lengths at getting even with some bully. That's not how you take care of the problem, kid. Also, be basically sold his soul to Dan Shnider, in a manor of speaking.

The Annoying Orange is kind of "meh". I don't hate it, but I'm not a fan, either. The technological animation interests me enough. There were at least a couple videos that gave me a good time (The Mortal Kombat episode and the "Friday Song" parody). But overall... I'd much rather be watching Smosh, instead.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
I can't hate on any of them, because what do you expect? Most do it for fun and accidentally become big, and when huge checks start coming in the mail what should they do? Say "this is a bad idea, I'm a horrible person for trying to entertain people!" and quit?

Come on now, you gotta admit there's some major jealousy in this thread. Understandable, but justified? I'm not sure.

Most of the 'big' youtubers got there by accident/snowball effect/word of mouth(not their fault)/being regular content uploaders and actually caring about their channels. It's sad that many channels sit at 300 subs or 3k subs but its a big world. Not everyone can get lucky.

Also it's a website for amateurs to entertain people. What do you expect? You can't expect much. And if you think you can do better, maybe you can. And you should try. To paraphrase Lewis of the Yogscast: "I thought I could do a better job than some of the channels I've seen on youtube" and he has. His channel (through a collective effort of all of the yogscast) now has 3.5 million subscribers. But it never would have got to that point if he never tried, never thought he could do a better job.

I say well done, they deserve the success they've gotten!

Okay, one more corny paraphrase... uhm, from Gandalf. The Wizard. "Some that fail deserve success, can you give them it? Do not be so hasty to deal out judgement and criticism". Okay, so he didn't say that at all and he was talking about life and death, but dangit! It fits! kind of! that's what she said! Okay I'm not making sense anymore...

-Mike out!

Fishcactus

Mar 8, 2012
I'll jump onto the Pewdiepie bandwagon...
The main reason I don't like him is because when people think of Amnesia: The Dark Descent LP's, they think of him. Amnesia deserves so much better imo :(
His more obnoxious fans also flooded the custom story scene for Amnesia with shitty, quickly made maps full of jump scares for Pewdiepie to play.

He's really the only one I can think of...I do tend to stay away from the big LP names like Tobuscus/Nova/Cry, just something about them seems fake and pandering. Each to their own though.

Obligatory Youtubers I like part:

Normal Difficulty/spockb1ocker <- Kinda like Two Best Friends Play, but I never see them mentioned anywhere
geekandsundry
Yahtzee's LP's
Day [9]

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
The absolute worst youtuber is the one who views things they hate, and then talk about how much they hate it. Its like they want to hate, and be negative!

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Princess Trollestia said:
The absolute worst youtuber is the one who views things they hate, and then talk about how much they hate it. Its like they want to hate, and be negative!

Well, yes. Your point being?

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Atbird said:
Princess Trollestia said:

Well, yes. Your point being?
Not making a point, telling what I think.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Blegh. PewDiePie.

He uses stupid titles to draw attention to his videos and he also ues "funny" jokes about rape and such while screaming his lungs out to appeal to the 9-13 year old age group just so he can get more views. And for him, views = money.

His fans are probably the biggest cancer to ever hit the internet. They're so obnoxiously vocal and are not open to criticism, just like PewDiePie himself.

[sub][sub][sub]SuperCoDPlayer1995 is so much better.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

That's just my two cents anyway...

Time to go watch GameGrumps.

EDIT: Everyone's doing an obligatory "Youtubers they love" thing, so I guess I'll jump in.
Any flash animator
Niichts/Star_
Cricken2
JonTron
Matthewmatosis
Marriland

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
trty00 said:
DugMachine said:
Surprised to see no Game Grump haters here, I fucking love Game Grumps but I'm sure it'll lose it's appeal in a few months.
If you were to go on the comments on their videos alone, people already despise them.
Oh I'm sure. I avoid youtube comments like that plague. As soon as they started playing more modern games I knew their 'fans' would start crying about selling out.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I've never heard of most of the ones mentioned, but I remember loathing Fred and generally being annoyed by Smosh.

I actually don't mind Tobuscus though, I first found him through his 'literal trailers' and he's actually kinda funny and mostly harmless.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
trty00 said:
DugMachine said:
trty00 said:
DugMachine said:
Surprised to see no Game Grump haters here, I fucking love Game Grumps but I'm sure it'll lose it's appeal in a few months.
If you were to go on the comments on their videos alone, people already despise them.
Oh I'm sure. I avoid youtube comments like that plague. As soon as they started playing more modern games I knew their 'fans' would start crying about selling out.
They just have a fanbase that's seemingly impossible to please. They do one thing, then people demand they do something different, and as soon as they do that people tell them to go back to the first thing.
Ummm... have you SEEN Game Grumps Animated? Some fans are hard to please; others are just damn talented, much like any fanbase.

Also, I'm surprised no one's mentioned The Archfiend. The hack's made a partnership out of bitching about Youtubers that are more popular than him. Now I already disapprove of that, but when you go after James Rolfe with no actual evidence to back up your accusations, the gloves come off.

EDIT: Okay, when you take a fanbase (a.k.a. a group of people), and treat them as if they're one person, of COURSE they'll look impossible to please. Just as the old saying goes, "you can't please everyone."