The Worst Big Youtubers

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Prosis said:
It's the mentality of McDonalds. Nobody thinks McDonalds tastes incredible. Nobody praises them as a 5 star quality restaurant. People enjoy awe-inspiring, incredibly funny, thoughtful, and interesting things. But day to day (the majority of the time), they want something comfortable and simple. Something to just pass the time with. Something that is a little bland or normal. And so, they eat McDonalds, and they watch subpar youtubers.

For me, its not so much specific youtubers that I dislike, but rather, specific contents. Any sort of Let's Play that's gone on for 100+ episodes, Happy Wheels, Slender, Terraria, episodes are wastes of time IMO. The main problem is that they're all exactly the same. The same reactions to the same games. Nothing particularly enjoyable. Oh, and College Humor. That ship has sailed. They use to be funny, but now most of their comedies are Jake and Amir, sex jokes, and other juvenile shenanigans.

I think you make a really good point here. Some of these channels are downright terrible and perhaps deserves to be maligned. However many of the examples listed don't really reach those depths and have enough redeeming qualities that their popularity does not constitute proof that you have to be a slack jawed moron to get some entertainment from them.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Phillip DeFranco

I hate that guy, in fact that whole clique with that blonde comedian girl with the jugs, that bespectacled geek, bearded douche with hot wife, the lame Womens Hour show thing they have going really irritates me. But Phil, he's a ****. He talks with that stuttering blogger edit crap, he values his own opinion over the news he's regurgitating more than the news itself. He's arrogant, and his attitude rubs off on his clique, making them insufferable. For example, blonde boobs comedian was always quite entertaining, funny videos, a good personality for youtube. I can't even remember the last time I watched one of her videos since she joined that clique.

So if I ruled YouTube, the following people...

Phil DeFucko
Lisa Something (jugs) who seems to think she's youtubes answer to Oprah.
Awkward specky geek dude who thinks he's funny.
Bearded douche and hot wife.

Would be put to death.

They'd better not ruin MissHannahMinx for me, or there will be bloodshed.
P.S. Don't be offended by the word Specky, I'm specky as well, only a specky can call another specky specky... just like only a ninja, can sneak up on another ninja.

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
I know many have mentioned PewDiePie, but oh man, he's the worst in my opinion.
I think he tries way too hard to be funny by screaming and doing stupid voices. I don't think it's "Felix" playing, it's "PewDiePie" playing. I like to see real reactions, and if your reaction is to do the voice of Consela from Family Guy, then we have a problem.
However, I don't hate him as a person. I respect how he really doesn't care about "Who is the best Youtuber" and stuff, but I have to compare his to two other Youtubers.

Nerd3 gives his full, honest opinion. He doesn't act, he just plays the game and speaks his mind, even if he is barmy.
UberHaxorNova is a nice middle ground. He's crazy, but he still plays the games as "him" and not anyone else.

I also greatly dislike Smosh. They are not funny. They are too loud and immature.

Yogscast I don't find funny, but I find them informative for their mod showcases.

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
I loathe Tobuscus. His voice reminds of of the voice Adam Sandler uses when he's pretending to be retarded. The only good thing he's done was the dramatic song.

mrjoe94

Sep 28, 2009
I don't 'hate' any YouTube channel really. If I dislike a video from a channel I just don't watch anymore of them. If I had to pick one it'd be Yogscast and even then I don't 'hate' them, they just aren't as funny as they used to be.

Since this became a sort of side-question, some channels I like are:

TotalHalibut/Biscuit): I don't always agree with him (sometimes far from it), but he's very entertaining, especially some of his WTF Is videos. Always excited to see a new video from him.

Cr1tiKal(Penquinz0): Some of the most retarded and stupid Gameplay & Commentaries I've ever seen...and it's hilarious. Anytime I feel sad or unhappy I marathon a couple of his videos and I feel better.

SolanumX2

Sep 15, 2011
It appears PewDiePie has been sufficiently mangled. So, I'll move on to Game Grumps.

I get why people like it, but it grew very tired very quickly for me. It was at its best during the Goof Troop play. That was incredibly hilarious. Eventually it just became more and more inane. They say absolutely random, very rarely funny, things and then laugh for half the video at how funny they are while taking something already unfunny and humping it into submission. It's a great friendship, but not a great viewing experience.

I think the main reason I dislike it these days is I view it as a detractor of two of my favourite "internet celebrities" when separate. JonTron and Egoraptor are fucking funny doing their own stuff, and Jon has posted one video since doing GG and Arin none. They claim it's not because of it, but it's hard to not make that connection.

Since everyone else is doing it, my favourite Youtubers are Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, Roosterteeth and RhettAndLink.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
May I ask for exemples? I seen several of TotalBiscoit's Wtf is... and altought I seen he not liking a game for not being his thing, I yet to see he bash a game for no good reason.

OT: Fred... I decided to try to watch something of him after watching a review of his movie to see if was truly that bad...
Now I am officialy a mass murderer. They are more happy now they don't exist in a world were Fred is allowed to exist. Yes, I will make everyone more happy...

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Only page I can think of is iJustine, she is bad at games and doesn't have interesting or funny commentary.
All the other ones listed on this I either don't watch or at least enjoy them.

olenic

Feb 8, 2013
For the 50th time, Pewdiepie. He isn't "the worst" -- he's just incredibly annoying. But hey, he keeps his fans (mostly of 13-16 year olds) happy, so it's whatever.

Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Plus, he took the time to write a formal apology.
That is what you call a formal apology? HA!

Aug 1, 2010
olenic said:
For the 50th time, Pewdiepie. He isn't "the worst" -- he's just incredibly annoying. But hey, he keeps his fans (mostly of 13-16 year olds) happy, so it's whatever.

Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Plus, he took the time to write a formal apology.
That is what you call a formal apology? HA!
It's an apology.

He wrote it.

He went out of his way to write it.

Good enough for me.

nymz

Apr 1, 2010
Why all the Pewdiepie hate? He is a genuine gamer, he plays (in my opinion) many good games and not just horror anymore. He does his own thing. Just don't subscribe to him if you don't like him. He is a real gamer, cares about his fans and do charity events and such. He is just a good guy playing games for a living with his own style, and he is not fake, which iJustine and the likes are. Those are the one you should hate on. His fans can be real asshats sometimes though.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Fred

His gimmick is something he stole from makemebad38 (I forget his exact username) then accused the victim of being the thief and basically ruined his reputation, getting away with it scot-free.

Why is it not illegal to be sheep? I wish people would do the research, then fuckin' Fred wouldn't have his chipmunk fuckpuppetry that he has today.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
The amazing atheist. His videos give me no enjoyment whatsoever (except fo the banana video) and I can't stand his attitude. I don't even agree with his opinions. I also have a dislike for the reply videos that are nothing more than a pair of mammaries. I don't hate Pewdiepie though.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I dunno if i don't like a youtuber, I don't watch them and quickly forget who they are unless they make an appearance on a channel I DO like. In which case I just tend not to watch that video or get morbidly curious if the YTer I like offsets the crap of the one I don't.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I'm a fan of the Yogscast, but I have to admit their main channel has gone so downhill since they became hugely popular. The fact that they don't make Yogpod's anymore just goes to show they don't give a shit. And my god their fans are a cancer on the face of the earth. I really enjoy Sips, Sjin and Nilesy though.
Ijustine does my head in. There is only one reason she is popular, and it's not her humor. Tobuscus used to be very funny, but not so much now. His literal trailers are good though.
Although Pewdie-Pie is a terrible Youtuber, and his fans are without a doubt Youtubes worst, he seems like a nice enough guy. (Obviously this doesn't merit his popularity)

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
Ray William Johnson.

"Look at me, guys! I browsed on reddit for 5 minutes, took this guy's fail video, added 'hi-larious' commentary on it with jump cuts in between each syllable, and added even more commentary in post! Aren't I special?!"

This video sums up his ilk pretty well:

If that video annoys you at first, just wait until :35.
Agreed, I used to watch his videos before he was big, the content he put out was good and original, but like you said it just seems like he repost's things from Reddit etc.. one of the very few people I've actually unsubscribed from.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
I would personally like to point out Hannah Minx. Her youtube videos are numerous, and let me see if I can post one here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJHdGN_nW8

I can't ummm...get it to work.....phrasing.....I just.....can't think.....I'll be in my bunk.