The Worst Big Youtubers

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
The Amazing Atheist is probably the Youtuber I dislike the most. A lot of the people mentioned in this thread (PewDiePie, RWJ), are only somewhat irritating and undeserving of their fame at their absolute worst (and I actually don't hate PewDiePie), but Amazing Atheist is just despicable. He's rude and arrogant, he can't tolerate anyone even vaguely disagreeing with him, he goes off like a bloodhound whenever he senses weakness, and he conducts himself with such a startling lack of decency or humanity that I'm honestly appalled that anyone can still defend him.

But to lighten the mood somewhat, there are some YouTubers I absolutely adore:

Criken2: A one-man weirdness magnet that has probably the funniest group of friends in the gaming world.

TheSw1tcher: Two Best Friends Play is one of the funniest series on the internet.

Cr1tikal: Without a doubt the most demented, driest, most sarcastic commentator ever. The best videos he makes are the ones where he appears legitimately angry and incredulous at what's going on (Oregon Trail, Winnie the Pooh), or when he just seems to be off on a completely different planet where logic and human thought have no relevance (Facade, Papa's Burgeria, Pictionary).

Black Gryph0n: Probably my favorite Brony YouTuber, mainly because he's perfect. He sings well, he's a great dancer, he's a wonderful artist and voice-actor, he's compassionate, he's funny, he genuinely loves his fans and the people who work with him, and on top of all that, he's absurdly handsome.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Bradeck said:
I would personally like to point out Hannah Minx. Her youtube videos are numerous, and let me see if I can post one here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJHdGN_nW8

I can't ummm...get it to work.....phrasing.....I just.....can't think.....I'll be in my bunk.
Copy everything in the link after the =, then use youtube=*insert stuff* and put it in brackets.

Like so (quote me to see what I typed out):

dangdiggityderek

Aug 8, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
Ray William Johnson.

"Look at me, guys! I browsed on reddit for 5 minutes, took this guy's fail video, added 'hi-larious' commentary on it with jump cuts in between each syllable, and added even more commentary in post! Aren't I special?!"

This video sums up his ilk pretty well:

If that video annoys you at first, just wait until :35.
I can honestly say that this is one of the most obnoxiousness videos I have ever seen. This discussion has been a real eye opener for someone, such as myself, who uses Youtube to purely search for music and the occasional gameplay video or trailer for a game that I am interested in. I'm not one to just rake through tons of crappy youtube celebs and I'm happy that never built up the popularity of dimwitted attention getters.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Pewdiepie.
I hate him, he somehow made enough money uploading shit to youtube, shit that took him no more than 12 minutes to make and edit, that he left college, and he puts his face over every single thing he shows up in, not to mention the vast majority of his videos are him just fucking around with whatever game he's playing while he makes baby-talk noises at his computer or screams at the slightest change in the game, he also (used to anyway but he stands by it) made a lot of rape jokes, where he'd voice two characters, the so called rapist and the rape victim, now that is disgusting.
He's really obsessed with rape, one amnesia video he comes across a dead pig, later he comes across a barrel, his first thought, is to pick up the barrel, throw it on the bed, go and find the dead pig, bring it back over, the throw it/rub it against the barrel so that he can rape the barrel.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
I don't really hate him, but I don't get why the Nostalgia Critic is so popular. He's kind of... boring.

Zipzip the Penguin

Feb 14, 2013
Not all hope is lost, guys. Take a look at people like TomSka. Even though he makes nonsensical skits, at least it shows he puts thought, and dare I say EFFORT into his projects. The asdfmovies are all nicely animated and voiced, and bursting with original ideas.

Everillad

Mar 1, 2011
Oooh ooh, can I wade in on this? I personally can't stand those vlogs who show off their haul after a shopping trip. I suppose they're useful to show off fashion trends and new items in stores but seriously, who the flub cares what they've bought!? Can't think of any of their names, I think that would be offering them too much of my attention.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Youtube is good for one thing and one thing only: making obscure film and gaming references for comedic purposes.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Berithil said:
It's not just Youtube. All you need to do is look at cinema and television and you'll see the same thing. Why is it that Jersey Shore gets 7 (or is it 8?) seasons, and yet Firefly gets cancelled before they finish their first?
My guess would be money. One requires writers, creativity, and effort which all cost money. The other requires a bunch of dumb individuals, who are willing to make fools of themselves on camera. Apparently, that's why lots of TV channels have started gravitating towards reality shlock, regardless of what they were previously about. Definitely a sad story.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
sageoftruth said:
Berithil said:
It's not just Youtube. All you need to do is look at cinema and television and you'll see the same thing. Why is it that Jersey Shore gets 7 (or is it 8?) seasons, and yet Firefly gets cancelled before they finish their first?
My guess would be money. One requires writers, creativity, and effort which all cost money. The other requires a bunch of dumb individuals, who are willing to make fools of themselves on camera. Apparently, that's why lots of TV channels have started gravitating towards reality shlock, regardless of what they were previously about. Definitely a sad story.
It's no surprise that streaming and internet-based shows are taking off.
I stopped watching TV shows altogether well before now, but every time I turn the TV on it's rare that I don't facepalm.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
sageoftruth said:
Berithil said:
It's no surprise that streaming and internet-based shows are taking off.
I stopped watching TV shows altogether well before now, but every time I turn the TV on it's rare that I don't facepalm.
Same. I can't remember the last time I watched TV for more than 5-10 minutes. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to my roommate's dog, who is always on the couch.

Mindlessidiots

Apr 15, 2009
I've honestly never cared for any of youtube elite besides the epic rap battles guys and (if you count her) meekakitty. The rest I could care less about, they pretty much made a business out of youtube videos, what with the video replies, constant request to like and share the video and what not and it turns me off from them.

TheMonkeysUnkle

Aug 17, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Basically all of the YouTube celebrities that their entire thing is reporting celebrity gossip and random stories(sxephil, Ray William Johnson, countless others) are just the worst.

And PewDiePie. I try not to rage about him as much as others here, but I do find it abhorrent that someone like him has 4million+ subscribers for his...take on comedy.

There has to be some hidden joke that I've missed out on when it comes to that guy, honestly.
I thought RWJ reviewed viral videos, not gossiped about celebrities. Admittedly I don't watch all of his videos.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
camerinian said:
YouTube is a very confusing place. There are comedy prodigies on the website who struggle to get the views or subscribers they deserve, yet there appear to be so many talent-less hacks that undeservedly net a massive fanbase, forming the elitist, uncrackable clique known as "The YouTube Celebrities".

You can classify "big" however you want, I just want to know about the video-makers you believe are hogging the limelight when they don't deserve to at all.

I'll start off by admitting my undying hatred for iJustine. I've heard so many people hail her as the Queen of YouTube, yet all I can see in her is a reply girl with slightly better editing skills. Honestly, all the tropes are there: Cashing in on good looks, fake title and thumbnails, and literally no worth to her videos, comedic, informative or otherwise. Granted, she is sort of slipping in the ranks of the YouTube community, but the fact that she was ever popular to begin with is simply purile
isn't she that insanely annoying girl that does gadget reviews for GTTV on GameTrailers and Spike? I still can't believe they recruited her. GTTV used to be pretty good before that change of format about two or three years ago. I wasn't even aware that she was a youtube celebrity. If this is what potential serious game journalists like myself have to compete with these days, I'm not even sure if I want to get into the industry anymore.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I have to nominate PewDiePie. I tried watching an Amnesia LP he did and couldn't stand more than the first five or so minutes even with the video muted. If he is popular then there must be a lot of post-lobotomy patients on the internet.

Rather than focus on the bad, I'd rather promote the good (or at least what I think is good). PressHeartToContinue and DexterityBonus are both good, a mix of game news, video journal and lets plays that are pretty honest and open (plus Dodger is cute). RosannaPansino does nerdy cooking shows, not wholly original but they are fun to watch (she's also cute (don't look at me that way))

crusador90

Nov 16, 2011
Lionsfan said:
Bradeck said:
I would personally like to point out Hannah Minx. Her youtube videos are numerous, and let me see if I can post one here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJHdGN_nW8

I can't ummm...get it to work.....phrasing.....I just.....can't think.....I'll be in my bunk.
Copy everything in the link after the =, then use youtube=*insert stuff* and put it in brackets.

Like so (quote me to see what I typed out):

Oh no, its Hanna Minx. I remember she was talked about in one of PMRrants videos.

Specifically, this one:

I don't understand why her channel exists. The only thing going for this vapid airhead is her bust, which is something many other women have, but don't flaunt it as much as she does, while she talks about nothing in particular or apparently uploading videos about her "interesting" life. Since she likes uploading videos of her talking with her breasts on camera, why doesn't she just work on a SexCam website where she will find the "audience" who will give her attention and money for that one and only reason she wants it in the first goddamn place?

I also don't understand PewDiePie's popularity for reasons many people already mentioned, and I'd be less inclined to care about him, if it wasn't for his absoletely insane drones for fans. I mean seriously, they go nuts over any criticism levied at him.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Definitely PewDiePie.

Seriously... the very embodiement of the mindless 12 year old hordes who only laugh at penis jokes. He's even gone outright and said he doesn't care about his viewers, only the cash they get him.

I would say Tobuscus but it would make mea hypocrite. He's still an idiot though.

RWJ isn't even worth the effort I put into typing this sentence.

Bashfluff

Jan 28, 2012
Amazing Atheist. There are more intelligent atheists out there who don't steal money/ebeg.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
It's weird, I haven't seen or even heard about most of these youtubers. Honest, I mean it. Somehow all my time on youtube has never been spent watching SMOSH, Fred, PewDiePie, iJustine and many of the others. Although I have to admit that Hannah Minx video posted earlier I just found hilarious. I'm almost willing to believe she's as much as a naive airhead as she portrays in that vid to think viewers watch her to see her poorly made sand castle.