The Worst Big Youtubers

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Knight1172 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
I love TotalBiscuit to pieces, but this is my only problem with him. He's created a paradox where he tries to get his subscribers to be thoughtful, considerate people, yet his opinions are so strong that it polarises them. TB doesn't present the agreeable, negotiable side of himself outside of the TGS Podcast, where often argues amicably with Jesse - in his videos, he seems to only talk about railing against one side or the other.

He takes a side very strongly, and his lads follow him like sheep because they saw someone they respect and admire spouting it's virtues. Then, they defend it, because if that view is wrong, their idol is wrong.

It's a shame, because TotalBiscuit is such a positive influence on many of his subscribers, it's just they take his views without thinking through them.
Sorta like that guy in the "do you preorder games" (think that is what it is) thread who replied to me and other people saying we were ruining the game industry by preordering games and telling me I need to watch the video TB put out on preordering games. If anything, this guy helped prove my point.

Vanorae

Oct 5, 2011
The biggest problem about judging 'bad' youtubers is that it's very subjective. Personally, I don't really find RWJ or the Yogscast all that funny. The Yogscast seem like nice people though. I'd prefer to keep this positive so shoutouts to my favorite youtubers:
http://www.youtube.com/user/booksandquills
Dutch lady reviewing books and making travel videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/OlanRogers
Besides being a gorgeous man he is also a very funny one
http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers/videos?view=0
A channel owned by two brothers. One of them is the author John Green and the other is a musician called Hank Green.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLeagueOfCloaks/videos?view=0
Movie reviews and discussion of religion/philosophy

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Assassin Xaero said:
Knight1172 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Personally, I can't stand TotalBuscuit. Even worse is that people will bash a game just because he says it is bad without ever trying it, or even learning to think, for themselves. I've tried so many games people said were horrible, and they were rather fun.
I love TotalBiscuit to pieces, but this is my only problem with him. He's created a paradox where he tries to get his subscribers to be thoughtful, considerate people, yet his opinions are so strong that it polarises them. TB doesn't present the agreeable, negotiable side of himself outside of the TGS Podcast, where often argues amicably with Jesse - in his videos, he seems to only talk about railing against one side or the other.

He takes a side very strongly, and his lads follow him like sheep because they saw someone they respect and admire spouting it's virtues. Then, they defend it, because if that view is wrong, their idol is wrong.

It's a shame, because TotalBiscuit is such a positive influence on many of his subscribers, it's just they take his views without thinking through them.
Sorta like that guy in the "do you preorder games" (think that is what it is) thread who replied to me and other people saying we were ruining the game industry by preordering games and telling me I need to watch the video TB put out on preordering games. If anything, this guy helped prove my point.
I'm always surprised as to why TB cops so much flack over being too 'opinionated' or too harsh.

If anything, I don't think he's harsh enough. Most of the stuff he says is just common sense as far as I'm concerned. He tends to just reiterate much of what more experienced PC community have been saying for ages. Only thing he does that I find annoying is his tendency to waste time reiterating the same statement or argument for far too long.

As far as his audience goes though, you are always going to get the idiotic fanboy element that treat people like gods to be worshipped. Even Tb himself has said he hates them. If they weren't white knighting and idolizing him, it would be some other jerk off. At least in his case he mostly makes statements that are true.

Anyway, My most HATED indivudal youtuber though would have to be Champ Chong.

He ticks every single box:

- Fake thumbnails and Video titles? Check.
- Terrible constant stop/start editing? Check.
- Constant use of other people's content due to lack ability to create anything remotely interesting of his own? Check.
- Insistence on spending half the time in any given clip asking people to like and subscribe? Check.
- Douchebag pet name for his subscribers or 'champ chong army' ? Check
- Pathetic attempts at humour that aren't even in the range of 'so bad it's funny' ? Big Check.

All of which is pretty par for the course, except for one difference.

He's Australian. And feels the need to constantly remind everyone in his stupid sign off.

Well, I'm Australian too, and on behalf of our country, I sincerely apologise for this incompetent, annoying, waste of space.

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
hm. There are a few that I don't like.

Shane Dawson and RayWilliamJohnson are a couple.

TheAmazingAtheist was trying too hard to keep up his depressed character and was very blatant about it, so I just began to bore of his channel ("Telling me to cheer up makes me even sadder!" *GRABBLE GRABBLE RABBLE GRABBLE YELL AT THE CAMERA ABOUT IT!*).

One thing I will say, though, is that I don't agree that insulting the fanbase of someone just because they enjoy laughing at a certain brand of comedy is okay. I don't know why, but I was wasn't expecting this behavior on the escapist forums. :/

I don't think anyone's stupid for enjoying a laugh, nor should I try to think of myself as superior to them because of it, no matter what their sense of humor is. It just doesn't logically follow.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Vapaapudotus said:
I watch quite a lot different let's players and game reviewers. So many lets players take the highway and scream from top of their voice and curse a lot. When I was 18 I liked AVGN, now days I can't stand the guy anymore. Why must everyone scream? For me that is the biggest problem with any youtube personality.

It would be nice to see more softly-spoken presenters.
You ought to check out James Rolfe (AVGN)'s site, www.cinemassacre.com Most of the time he's not doing the AVGN character, and that's when his material is best. If you've just the slightest interest in movies, check his videos out, he's fantastically smart and was even a film-student, which just makes him all the wiser. He is actually the guy that got me interested in filmmaking in the first place, now I'm studying film!

He really is a gentle and soft-spoken person in reality. AVGN is just a character he does (which he has stated several times).

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Don't really use Youtube for much else than music, Angry Joe and occasionally Big Steve. He's a UK guy who moved to Sweden and makes fun of us. It was fun at first, but it's starting to get pretty old. Think he's lived here for two years now, yet still can't pronounce any word right on camera for "comical effect". At least I hope that's the case.

Though a few times while checking some gameplay videos I've come across some douche. Think it might be TotalBiscuit, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I can't stand his fucking voice. Hate it when guys speak with the back of their throat to get a deeper voice. Just sounds fake and annoying.
Had to go through his videos quite a bit before Diablo III was released because I was desperate for beta footage.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
I don't see the attraction of PewDiePie, but I find others more annoying.

Also, why the hate for Tobuscus? Some of his stuff is corny, but the man has talent and a sense of humour.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
I should really stop going into these threads, as I watch PewDiePie's videos and find him moderately funny, sometimes hilarious.
Anyways I vote for annoying Orange. I could not watch 1 minute of one of their videos before I turned it off.
Also I vote for my own Youtube videos I made before I hit puberty. God my voice was high pitched.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Obviously this is just my personal opinion but I would have to say PewdiePie. I have nothing against him as a person but my ears do not appreciate how much he screams at all. I tried to watch one of his videos all the way through and came away from it with one of my worst migraines to date.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
For me it's Pewdiepie for reasons stated already in the thread and Pat Condell

I choose him, because to put it simply, Condell is a more rude, racist, Islamophobic version of Richard Dawkins and he also openly endorses UKIP as well, that really says alot about him

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I actually don't mind RWJ, the viral videos are often quite entertaining. His comedy is hit or miss, but he gets so self-sarcastic about it that it's hard to despise him really. Not sure why people here hate him so much.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
crusador90 said:
I don't understand why her channel exists. The only thing going for this vapid airhead is her bust, which is something many other women have, but don't flaunt it as much as she does, while she talks about nothing in particular or apparently uploading videos about her "interesting" life. Since she likes uploading videos of her talking with her breasts on camera, why doesn't she just work on a SexCam website where she will find the "audience" who will give her attention and money for that one and only reason she wants it in the first goddamn place?
Is she actually Japanese? She doesn't look it,,

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
There's no one that I think doesn't deserve it, it's hardly up to any one of us to decide that. I just watch those that I like and I pretty much never see any of those "bad" Youtube celebrities. It's people like you that make great advertisement for them. The only reason why I know that Pewdiepie and iJustine exist, is because of people hating them on these and other forums.

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
The Fonsz said:
The Yogcast
Their youtube base is made up of 15 year old annoying kids and it doesn't interested me in the slightest
I feel a need to defend this one:

I totally agree that their vids are oriented towards a younger audience, what with the slew of Minecraft vids, and for that reason I don't watch them (well sometimes I pick an odd video and see it).

But they aren't even close to deserving a spot on your list I think, because compared to everyone else you have, they actually have to put effort. A lot of their series involve something some of their members have had to work hard on, and they tend to have some sort of (dumb) structure and goals to go along with the chemistry they have. I'm not good at explaining this but bottom line I don't think they're A-material, but it's still quality.

If anyone wants my list just look up The Fonsz's post I just quoted.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
(puffs into thread) Am I too late to join in on hating The Amazing Atheist? Because I totally fucking hate that guy. Being deliberately controversial and/or holding contentious political/ethical views is one thing. Expressing them like a complete shitstick is another entirely. Every time I see someone post one of his videos in a thread and I see his smug, puffy face I just die a little bit inside.

I like TotalBiscuit, Dodger (calm Dodger, not "look at meeee" Dodger), Husky and HD, and Crendor. I wanted to like Jesse Cox, but his "LOL I'M NOT EVEN TRYING IT'S HILARIOUS" schtick gets old really, really fast.

duster88

Feb 24, 2012
Truly annoying youtubers? Not many i really watch, but some of the semi-soulless minecraft guys (like antvenom.) get to me. a good deal are just boring, particurly smosh as thier jokes get more predictable, (also bluexephos for the same reason.) Good channels:
A fair deal of the screwattacl vids
Danbull
A good deal of the game station
damo2986
quill18
and most of the other members of the yogscast: (sips, sjin, lanla etc. i don't really like nilesy though.)