The Worst Console of All Time.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
direkiller said:
Dream Cast is probably up there seeing they tanked shortly after makeing it so almost nothing came out for it
lolmynamewastaken said:
dreamcast.
which really is a shame, i was a sega fanboy up to that point...
Im sorry but what? The Dreamcast was amazing, admitidly a bit cheaply made but a very good console. It was inovative - Had VM units, could use a keyboard, mouse, microphone and was first console to have a built in modem (I think) certainly the first console to promote online play.

And what do you mean 'nothing came out for it'? Chu Chu Rocket, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shenmue, Phantasy Star online, Skies of Arcadia, crazy taxi, Jet set radio, Powerstone 1 and 2. These are just the popular ones I can remember off the top of my head!

OT:
The 360 (well before the slim one comes out). Don't get me wrong I love my 360 but with a 50% failure rate, no built in wireless bridge, no built in HD player and a habbit of scratching discs, it is pretty shocking.

EDIT:
Jazoni89 said:
lolmynamewastaken said:
dreamcast.
which really is a shame, i was a sega fanboy up to that point...
Grrr...*Holds back his fanboy rages*
You have far better willpower than I.

Xabekrn

Apr 21, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
For games:

Virtual Boy, duh.

For construction quality:

Xbox 360.
Honestly, here I am disagreeing again. The construction quality of the fat PS2s were MUCH worse. At least in my opinion.
The fat ps2 was THE BEST of any system I've ever had, I had the same one all the way until the xbox 360 came out, I even dropped it off of my roof (because of the episode of X-play were morgan webb drops a ps2, gamecube, and xbox off of a roof and the ps2 still worked) and it still worked all the way until like a month after i got my xbox360 then the eye went bad on it, great system. The worst in my opinion was the dreamcast, it had like 12 games for it and they were mostly lame, and the good ones were glitchy.

Seth Smith

May 28, 2010
I'd have to say the worst thing I've ever played a game on was the Ti-89 titanium calculator. But that was because half the games didn't work. The Mario one was pretty cool, though.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SomethingAmazing said:
The Gizmondo is another good candidate.

It had NO redeeming qualities about it.
well...it did have good graphics for a handheld at the time

that's proberly it

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
The worst in my opinion was the dreamcast, it had like 12 games for it and they were mostly lame, and the good ones were glitchy.
*Facepalm* im not even gonna say what's wrong with this.

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
Gameboy micro sucked ass. All the good answers are gone like the Virtual boy.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
The worst console ever? The PS one. Not the original playstation. The little one. Reason being it was built and released not with the desire to make games, it's lifetime was always limited. It was just a sales team sales product to shift hardware, especially when the PS2 was released almost at the same time. A waste of everyone's time and wholey useless and un-necesary.

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Mine still works.
And my launch 360 still works.

Still, it was so much easier to break a PS2 than a 360.
Except that it's not. I've had 5 total xbox's and 1 PS2.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
3DO for lack of everything, the CDI and maybe the Virtual game boy.

Can't say anything made by Ninetdo,sony or MS has failed because they have not, the between the Saturn and the Dream cast sega did not have failures in them persay.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I've seen a few articles and videos on this subject and there was a console that was marketed toward girls with only one controller and a sticker dispenser. I forget what it was called, but I'm going to go with that.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
Lightslei said:
Virtual Boy

You can't argue this.
Sure I can.

I'll see your Virtual Boy and raise you a CDi. As bland as the graphics were, and boring as the games were, the Virtual Boy was at least playable. The CDi... not so much.