The Worst Part of the Best Game

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is easily my favorite game of all time, but some of the lazy voice acting and the fact that they reused the wizard mentor model in the opening cutscene was just unbelieveably lazy and some of the voices where just completely awful (the bright side is most of the bad voices were minor characters), while this isn't much of a complaint, It tricks you into thinking the game is a sandbox with linear dungeons in the second level.

with that said it is incredibly fun.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Okami...the fact that it is the most underrated game in history.
Plus, that demonic wall on the island of the nine-tailed fox.

Aswell as most of the platforming sections.

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? Well, its rather outdated now. I tried to replay it on the N64 and the controller is an awkward abomination, plus the graphics are far dodgier than I remember. Both are problems addressed by the Collector's Disc version. One problem is that Navi exists, but she was a cool idea and provides a few moments of humour in the drier parts. The Water Temple is a bit of a chore, I guess. The biggest problem I ever had with it is the side-quest to get Biggoron's Sword. It's pretty much a sequence of awkward timed runs across Hyrule, and I never found it fun.

Furburt said:
Well, Mass Effect is damn good, but the mako!
I just finished that game on PC (literally, about 20 minutes ago, first time) and the Mako really isn't that bad, nor are the elevators. It's probably worse on consoles, but it beats loading screens and they break up the action about as much as moving does, and some of the problems with the Mako are logical and/or amusing (ever sent it spinning off and landing upside down?)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Hubilub said:
That it ended.

Applies with everyone's favorite game!
Good games are destroyed when they outstay their welcome - Assault on Dark Athena?

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Okami...the fact that it is the most underrated game in history.
No it isn't. Critics loved it, players loved it, and while it never sold well to begin with, it enjoys a healthy fanbase and was popular enough for a re-make and a sequel.

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
Dragon Quest 8 has no flaws except for the fact the main villain is a Joker Clone with magic powers.... Wait... Thats not a FLAW! THATS A PLUS!

Yay for caps lock allowing me to yell through text based interaction!

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
Deus Ex.

The um, lack of um, or um jeez um, well um, hmm.

I know how someone COULD say the NPC's voice acting, but i find it to be wonderfully camp!

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
To Be Continued... hated it when this happens at the end of a good game.
DP155ToneZone said:
Deus Ex.

The um, lack of um, or um jeez um, well um, hmm.

I know how someone COULD say the NPC's voice acting, but i find it to be wonderfully camp!
Yes i totally agree. Then again, if you hear the ones on Deus Ex-Invisible war (if you havn't already), they sound weird, and the game apears to be about religion so you get these weird talks from the followers. There are also strange people/creatures who talk funny and look funny also.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Its not my very faveourite.
But Devil May Cry needs to lose the "puzzles". its basically walking somewhere really annoying to pick something up and sometimes getting lost on the way back. Bayonetta copied it too which is even more annoying

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
There's a running consistancy in the Halo trilogy (not counting spinoffs) of many great levels that are fun to blast through but that there is always that ONE level that everyone seems to hate.
Halo CE: The library
Halo 2: Sacred Icon
Halo 3: Cortana

These levels are notoriously hated among Halo fans and other gamers alike.
[sub]The constant thing they all have in common? THE FLOOD!!![/sub]
Also, must be said both Gears of War games do feature a lame level where you are in an old factory and the only enemy is Wretches. Somehow they just fail to amuse and feel more like filler levels then actual levels.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I didn't like Maridia from Super Metroid too much, since it's kinda confusing to navigate and slightly dull compared to the rest of the game.

Also, using your gravity gun to pull flat objects to jump across in Sandtrap, along with the fact that if you step on the sand a bunch of antlions will come up and slaughter you.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Psychonauts was a perfect game except i was a little confused at how quickly Dr. Loboto dies. There was so much build-up, and you just shoot him off a building. No battle or anything.

Also, I LOVE Fallout 3, with one tiny exception:
Moira Brown