The worst save. Ever. Of all time.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
I remember the game Abe's Exoddus gave me a nickname for that situation; "quicksaved into the house of pain". Of course, that game gave you an option to go back to the beinning of a section in such a situation.

I can't think of a specific time this happend to me though...
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
*SPLORCH*
Oops

Reload

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
*SPLORCH*
Oops

Reload

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
*SPLORCH*
Oops

*Shut off system, break disk*

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
My worst save ever is in a game called Boiling point:road to hell.
In this particular quick save,I'm in a jungle,with enemies no far from me,and an armed helicopter is about to spot me.
It would be a bad,but survivable situation,if not for my addiction to medikits,making them less effective,and the hungry jaguar thristing for my blood.

Basically,if I use this save,I can either run and get spotted by everyone: death
or stay hidden,get spotted by the jaguar and have to kill it to survive: everyone hears the dying jaguar: death.

There is no way to survive,I tried and tried and tried.The only thing to do was accept my fate and restart a save from 2 hours prior.

I learnt from my mistake since then.Hard save in between missions,quick save during mission.Auto save is a redundant failsafe.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I can't remember any bad saves like that but I nearly had one today. I was running through a dungeon on Skyrim that I had already cleared trying to follow those quest markers. I saved just before jump down a small cliff with no way back up and the only door blocked...

by a room full of water from the last thief guild quest

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Playing Halo 3 on hard and I wasted all of my ammo. So now I have to assault a position full of Brutes and I only have a few bullets left.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Playing Halo 3 on hard and I wasted all of my ammo. So now I have to assault a position full of Brutes and I only have a few bullets left.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
fenrizz said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
So, I was just playing Skyrim (AAAAAAAAAAHH ANOTHER SKYRIM THRE- NO! SHUT UP!)
and I know the value of quicksaving.... every 30 seconds.

Anyway, I was fighting this dude, and another dude. So I smash them into the groud, low on health, and so I quick save.

A dragon lands in front of me and eats me. In one of the pretty death cams. Yup, I get picked up, thrown side to side then flung into the air.

When I reload, I pop back with a slither of health, Mr Dragon-Nom-Face lands, and eats me. Nom nom nom.
Riddle78 said:
Shearpoint. I see the dragon just chillin' on the Word Wall. I zap his sorry ass back to wherever Aedra come from. Go to the word wall,get THREE WORDS OF POWER,HOLY CRAP! SAVED! Turn around...And a lich. With a fireball mid-flight. Well,fuck.

I tried so many times to get away. It just wasn't happening. So,sadly,I had to turn on god mode,and run away. When I got back to Whiterun,I turned off god mode.
But why don't you have any health potions?

Seriously guys.
Always, always, always have enough health potions!

I usually carry 30-40 of them myself, though of various strength.
One can never have enough health potions.
Never!
See, I couldn't do anything.

My save was the MOMENT he landed, and about half a second later he chomped me.

If only Vigilance was there....
I got past him though. Now I am stuck fighting 5 high level Dragurs (Srceew Speelin'!) and a dragon. On Adept difficulty.

FML.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Exocet said:
My worst save ever is in a game called Boiling point:road to hell.
In this particular quick save,I'm in a jungle,with enemies no far from me,and an armed helicopter is about to spot me.
It would be a bad,but survivable situation,if not for my addiction to medikits,making them less effective,and the hungry jaguar thristing for my blood.

Basically,if I use this save,I can either run and get spotted by everyone: death
or stay hidden,get spotted by the jaguar and have to kill it to survive: everyone hears the dying jaguar: death.

There is no way to survive,I tried and tried and tried.The only thing to do was accept my fate and restart a save from 2 hours prior.

I learnt from my mistake since then.Hard save in between missions,quick save during mission.Auto save is a redundant failsafe.
Question, is that game very good?

I was looking at it for a while, and I love realism in games (I play ArmA. With ACE) and I saw what I think was a trailer for it. It looked awesome, if a little old, but I have a question.

Is there hunger and thirst mechainics? Also, I think I remember something in the trailer about really realistic vehicles. I'd love to play that game. Anyway, gotta go. Going to go play ArmA 2 with hunger, thirst, and shops!

Oh, and a zombie mod.

I love scripting :)

TehXenos

Aug 30, 2011
Was FRAPSing some skyrim, me and my horse got sent down a river to a waterfall. I try to hit the start recording button and hit quicksave instead... Funny the first 3-4 times. Not so funny when my last save was around 4 hours beforehand.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Riddle78 said:
Shearpoint. I see the dragon just chillin' on the Word Wall. I zap his sorry ass back to wherever Aedra come from. Go to the word wall,get THREE WORDS OF POWER,HOLY CRAP! SAVED! Turn around...And a lich. With a fireball mid-flight. Well,fuck.

I tried so many times to get away. It just wasn't happening. So,sadly,I had to turn on god mode,and run away. When I got back to Whiterun,I turned off god mode.
That's a dragon priest, my good sir.

OT: Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. That crappy part that glitches out from time to time. i go down there, save, and can't continue. 15 hours of massive exploring every little thing gone because i have to restart the game over.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
Jaime_Wolf said:
And oh yes, KotOR 2. So many bugs. I saved after apparently doing something outside of the intended order once and found myself unable to finish the third world. I was so frustrated I didn't even bother going back and replaying the game. That is without doubt one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.
I hear all kinds of amazing stories about it. It's actually one of my favorite RPGs of all time, though. More so than the original. I don't know whether I just play in a very predictable manner or I have a psychic link to the designers, but I played through it three times without ever encountering a noticeable bug.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Saved over my one and only save state in an emulator where I was playing Shadowrun (a very long game for a Genesis game) with a save state of the credits... Obviously I hit save instead of load :(

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
Hafrael said:
Was at a word wall, killed a dragon was on very low health. Didn't notice I backed up into the dragon priests coffin. He was right behind me. Saved.

I tried maybe 30 or 40 times to run away before he one-shotted me.

Goddammit.
Potions? Couldn't you pause the game and go into your inventory the second it started up and drink some health potions?

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Lil_Rimmy said:
Exocet said:
Question, is that game very good?

I was looking at it for a while, and I love realism in games (I play ArmA. With ACE) and I saw what I think was a trailer for it. It looked awesome, if a little old, but I have a question.

Is there hunger and thirst mechainics? Also, I think I remember something in the trailer about really realistic vehicles. I'd love to play that game. Anyway, gotta go. Going to go play ArmA 2 with hunger, thirst, and shops!

Oh, and a zombie mod.

I love scripting :)
It's pretty fun,with a vast world,decent gun selection(that all behave differently) with some rpg elements thrown in there for good mesure.

It's not a realistic game though,from what I remember,cars behave decently,but there is no real "simulation" of driving.Nor is there hunger and thirst.You can drink beer and tequila,but it's mostly for the drunk effect and the lulz of it.
Overall,if you see it in the bargain bin for less than 5 bucks,you can go for it,it'll keep you entertained for a while.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Crysis. Last level. I quicksaved after shooting down the twelve strong wave of alien flyers on the deck of the aircraft carrier, not realising I was standing directly in the trajectory of the falling wreckage of the last one I'd just shot down.

Reload - quickddgetothelef* - crunch!
Reload - quickdodgetotheri* - crunch!
Etc...

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Hafrael said:
Was at a word wall, killed a dragon was on very low health. Didn't notice I backed up into the dragon priests coffin. He was right behind me. Saved.

I tried maybe 30 or 40 times to run away before he one-shotted me.

Goddammit.
That sounds like Krosis who was LOADS of fun to fight with a dragon trying to melt my face off...

OT: your predicament could be solved by quickly going into your inventory and nomming down as many potions as you have. It has saved me many a time. Also, make sure you save after every quest you complete, or area you complete. It seems like pretty common sense, but you forget it almost instantly.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
I once saved in mid-air as I was jumping down that hole where you kill the tentacle monster thing in Half-Life 1, I died from fall damage every time I loaded it. What's worse is that it was my only save, and I was like 10 years old. It was a sad day. The last save goof was on GTA: Chinatown Wars where I saved over my file with my brother's save file. That was fucking retarded, I thought I was loading.

s0meNo0b

Feb 21, 2011
Welp, after fighting a dragon, bear, icewolves and the silver hand in no particular order a giant came out of nowhere and sent me flying right before I q saved. I pretty much had a save where I would die the instant I loaded it.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
next time you load, quickly switch to Unrelenting Force shout and, well, shout
that should at least daze the dragon for a second, enough for you to turn around and sprint the fuck out
or if you have and get enough time, pull a warhammer and power-slam his face, which knocks him out for like 3 seconds