The worst video game you have ever played

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
HUBILUB" post="9.125772.2628162 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Portal, Half-life 1-2

Jk
quote]

DEAR GOD! Dont joke like that, i thought you were serious for a second!
OP:I think the worst game ive ever played would be spiderman 3. The graphics were worse than spidey 2, and it had a terrible story(for a spidey game) and bad combat.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Merteg said:
blipblop said:
superman 64 - yeah, I don´t realy need to say anything about that!!

farcry 2 - played it like one second ago, why oh why is there no fast travel system??? if you aming to make a big f*cking landscape, dont make me walk/run/drive trough it all the f*cking time, and why is everybody trying to kill me?, did the jackal put a swastika on my back???? and dont get me started on the malaria, did the creators of this game hate gamers? it seems like you always have to take your pills when in a fight!!!

TMNT NES - painful childhood memorys
I'm at half way through and the lack of quick travel hasn't bothered me yet.

Though I agree about the enemies. My buddy tells me to go to a dock where ALL THE MERCENARIES GET GAS. I assumed that would mean the enemies wouldn't shoot me because ALL THE MERCENARIES GO THERE TO GET GAS, so I drove up and they instantly started shooting me. WHY?!!!?

And it's impossible to sneak in that game! I was hiding under a dock and the guys walking on it above me started shooting me! WHAT?! How did they see me?!

Though, the worst game I've ever played would have to be Oblivion.
Care to go into any detail on Oblivion?

Crosseyes

Sep 2, 2008
First off, to give people a good frame of reference, the first (and only) final fantasy game I played up until my most hated game of all time, was FF one, and it kicked ass. From there I rented a cleaverly discuised piece of shit known as Final Fantasy X-2. I should have seen the warning signs early on; a direct sequal to the tenth indirect sequal of a game that's already known for its near death-defying borability and a "to-the-death" fanbase.

Upon starting it up, I watched 20min of some stupid sci-fi sport so generic and pointless, it could only be called "Thrashball," and then things blew up. Then I got to play; "Whupee!" I thought as I ran down an excessively destroyed path, eager to beat the living hell out of zombies, or mutants, or whatever else the apocolypse could throw at my thrashball-playing, gothic, gold-haired, superman. I thought that for around 5 seconds before being thrown into another 20min short movie. I then turned it off, and damned myself for wasting $5 bucks that could easily have been spent on
a foot-long from Subway.
As a weak-hearted individual I naturally find most games playable. But this cutscene with periodic gaming scattered thinly throughout tested and destroyed my patience in record time. In the (less than an) hour I spent "playing" around 1/12 of it was spent doing anything, and I'm sick of games that think they can get away with this sort of thing. Movies are for watching, games are for playing. That's right, I just drew the F*whoops*ing line, developers pick a goddamn side and let it be done.

In contrast, my favorite terrible game is Oregon Trail for the Apple computer, just because it's so fun to watch your closest friends die while trying to ford a river at a grueling pace with no food.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and bolts. I loved the first 2, so I was both ad and sad when I played this one. It just plain sucked.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
sabotstarr said:
umm... Fuzion Frenzy 2 for the Xbox 360...WORST GAME EVER. not only that but its entirely mini games, and they all suck.
Did you expect it to not be entirely mini-games?

masterjiji said:
hey you pikachu, hands down.

Pikachu found an herb!
"Pikachu, do NOT eat the herb. Do NOT. Put the herb away, Pikachu. Do NOT eat it."
What Pikachu hears: "Pikachu blah blah eat blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Pikachu blah blah eat blah"
Gulp! Pikachu ate the herb.
"DAMN YOU! Wait, Pikachu, put Caterpie down..."
Gulp!
I bought that one because the other Pokémon games on the N64 - Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Stadium, and Pokémon Puzzle League - were all good to great. Jesus, it was a letdown.

blipblop said:
TMNT NES - painful childhood memorys
Meh, it was sort of charming, though.

Gingerpubes01 said:
Either the first spiderman game or Superman: Man of Steel on the Xbox.
Both god awful.
I hope you don't mean the first Spider-Man game for N64 or PSX - because that kicked ass, and basically established the template for future entries in the franchise.

DAMG

Feb 16, 2009
I bought Perfect Dark Zero because I was bored the other day, and holy shit, that game is a mess. I figured that at least, I'd get some easy achievements, nope. The game is pretty descent for the most part (shooting stuff is almost always fun), but it's annoyances are just intolerable.

My biggest gripe is how unclear the objectives are; I've never been this lost in such a linear game. They ask you to look for something without informing you as to what it looks like or where it's located. Then there's the "nav system", I have no idea what triggers it; it just works randomly. The controls are clunky at times, but usually not hindering, since the A.I. consists of swarming headfirst into bullets.

I've also played Two Worlds, but I knew that was going to be bad. It was one of those happy moments when you tell your friends, "I told you so!"

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
The worst video game I've ever played was called "FluxWorld." It was an amateur game by a first-time game designer, who I assume was a tween or young teenager, made using Adventure Game Studio, which I used to make my own video game at the time. There were several things wrong with it:

-Primarily, the game made such little sense that at many points I couldn't tell whether the game was buggy or whether I was just doing things wrong.
-The graphics were beyond beginner-bad; this guy mixed (I'm assuming) 640x480 MSpaint drawings with ripped, professionally done sprites from 320x200 games, blown up to match sizes.
-The controls made no sense whatsoever. Many of the hotspots on the screen were only a couple of square pixels, but the cursors, which were between about 15x15 and 60x60 pixels, had no easily identifiable hotspots, meaning it was a huge effort trying to do things like talk to people or walk int a building.
-Most astoundingly of all, it was the most pretentious game I have ever come across. It was like American McGee combined with George Romero times a thousand. The manual talked about how it was the first in a new (and copywritten/trademarked) genre of video games called "flux-based video games." It was not - it was merely the worst adventure game I've ever played.

I felt bad hating an amateur game so much. I'd played a lot of amateur games that were clearly just thrown together without any regard for how the final product would be, but this was something else. It was thrown together, but somehow the designer guy still thought it was a work of pure genius. It was astounding.

If you're feeling masochistic, you can feel free to give it a spin. [http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=1053]

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Vagrant Story.

It didn't even try to engage me or make me interested.

I paid full price, played it for the most agonizing 30-45 minutes of my life, I'm not even sure if I still own it

Orca432

Jul 19, 2009
Well, I must say, the worst video game I've ever played is one I bought myself because I thought it wasn't as bad as they said. Sure enough, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing was not worth my $2. I suppose the "Acid Trip" styles of holding the down and either the left or right button to get up to -100k mph was fun, but it gets boring.

bluedragon117

Jul 19, 2009
my brother got a game called NFL Street. it was kinda fun at first, but the game would cheat.
every person i know that played that game agrees with me, the game would cheat.
half the time that u dive, u automaticaly fumble. WTF???

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
Thats hard......I'd have to say Fallout 3.

Im more of a fan of linear story lines that allow for good plot development. In Fallout 3 you come from, literally, a hole in the ground and have to find your dad. After you find him its about another 5 hours till the games over for good.

I dont like to do side quests as even in Fallout 3 they still hold the torch of "unnecessary". They affect nothing and in Fallout 3 a virtual waste land, theres nothing for them to affect other than what 3 Dog announces. The stories shit, but has a decent presentation. The graphics are terrible but they make up for it with things like voice acting and the way the over all seems to be really afflicted by the nuclear holocaust. Theres very little room for personal characterization because we all end up in the Power Armor, or dressed in the cool trench coats. There's hardly any variety in weapons as even the "special" ones are just replicas of their lesser counterparts; aesthetically of course.

Over all the game seems a failure to me and I really wish for my 60$ back.
First of all i do respect your opinion, but to call it the worst game ever? I personally liked fallout 3. Yes side quest are unnesesary but they give you something else to do if your stuck at a point in the story, and sometimes will show a bit of new terrain and enemies. The graphics in my opinion were pretty good considering how big of a game it was. And yes the special weapons were a big jipp considering they were all replicas. But to say its the worst game ever? come on...

I hated the terminator 3 game they made. It was so bad