The Wrong Man

Enverex

Oct 6, 2010
Have you ever found yourself thinking that you appear to be incompatible with every person on the planet of the opposite gender? That you seem to somehow be specifically what no-one is looking for. You're not obviously out of place, you just subtly manage to be just enough outside those Venn diagrams of life that nothing ever happens.

Has anyone else ever found themselves in this situation? If so, what is the cure/fix/remedy for said situation or how did you cope with it?

I'm not talking about me here, clearly. It's a friend I know. Yeah, that'll work. My friend Bob.

Footnote: Is it me or are Captcha's becoming completely incomprehensible these days?

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Well, did Bob ask out every person of opposite gender on the planet? If not, then tell him to keep looking.

Enverex

Oct 6, 2010
He hasn't yet, but Bob did just notice there is an aptly named "Advice Forum" so feels midly stupid right now!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I do sort of recognize that feeling.
That is, girls do show some interest during first impressions/when I don't know them, but once they get to experience my personality it seems I'm a bit too good at repelling them.

When I put it like that it sounds like I should be aspiring to do something about this...

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
I've had that same feeling Bob, it's actually not as bad as you think. Just when you start to believe that no one else is going to like you, something comes up.

Explore your options, do some different things, go out more. Just put yourself out there and you'll be surprised at how many people you never met before who just might be interested in you.

Hope that helps Bob

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Enverex said:
He hasn't yet, but Bob did just notice there is an aptly named "Advice Forum" so feels midly stupid right now!
Don't worry too much about it, just ask a mod if they can move it for you. And it's not just the opposite sex. It's just different people with different personalities. As Grabbin Keelz said, you just gotta keep looking ;P

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Catchy Slogan said:
As Grabbin Keelz said, you just gotta keep looking ;P
For a sec there, I though 'Grabbin Keelz' was a celeb or somewhat eccentric philosopher... *then looks up the page* ... yeah, woops...(!)

OT: It has become an unfortunate habit for me to keep women at arms length, even though I have no trouble striking up conversation. All the flirting in the world isn't going to get you anywhere... but I guess that's my fault... v_v

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
By the sound of things, you may be too picky OP. I think very, very few couples are actually perfect, objective matches for eachother. There are many happy couples who have different tastes and interests and different personalities- to varying degrees, this is the case with most couples.