The year is ending...what's your greatest accomplishment?

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
Getting myself a Girlfriend despite being one of, if not the, most socially awkward person in the entirety of Senior School (that's four year groups and about 500 people.) and doing no revision for mocks (again) and (again) getting As and A*s.

(Screw Revision, I'll revise for the actual Final GCSE exams. I'm not revising for something that doesn't count towards anything. And my parents can't even pull the Christmas Present Clause, because I'm involved in gathering the presents this year, and have already seen mine ordered and collected and such.)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hmmm

getting a job
MONEY
getting a ps3...games
getting a companion cube plushy

Wyes

Aug 1, 2009
I transferred from a regular Science degree to an Advanced Science degree and started a healthy long term relationship

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Most people would expect me to say 'graduating university' but frankly it was a shitty experience and a profound waste of three years and a lot of money. (I know someone up there says their achieement is getting into university, and I'm sorry for laughing, but you have no idea how crap it's going to be when you're done)

Instead I'll go with realising something fundamental about myself while working in a job. And I'm not going to tell you what that thing actually was. If you care enough you can PM me.
to be fair not everyones uni experience is going to be the same..crappy or otherwise

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nimcha said:
Cowabungaa said:
Nimcha said:
Moved halfway across the world, albeit temporary. At least, that's the plan. Maybe I'll just stay here.
Just wondering, as you're one of the few Dutchies here; where did you go?
Don't hate me, but I'm in the US now :p
Y'know, I wanted to go there too. Then I realized how comparatively chilled out and socially advanced (gay marriage for all, huzzah!) our little country is, and of all First World countries to pick the US would be one of the worst. I've learned to appreciate The Netherlands over the past two years, I used to hate this small little country so much.

So what made you go, an internship?

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
Getting through some of the most stressful weeks of my life, twice, and knowing that it will only get worse as the years go on.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Hmmm, I'm proud that I've kept my first ever relationship going for a whole year, I'm proud that I got a First for my first year of University, I'm proud that I knitted a Tom Baker Doctor Who scarf, I'm proud I read several academic textbooks cover to cover... But I don't really know what my greatest accomplishment is...

I certainly value some more than others, so I value my relationship as the greatest accomplishment of my personal life, but my greatest accademic accomplishment was getting a high First in a module that I thought I would do really badly in before I started Univeristy and that was all down to having an ace lecturer (he's such a legend).

I think those accomplishments mean the most because they were things that I never really expected before they happened.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
joining a band, playing a gig in that bad, realising we sucked and getting really embarrassed...praying to god we let the new kid sing...this only applies to me doesn't it?

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
High School's over, though I didn't care too much about that.

Uhh.... I don't really know. I bagged a very attractive girl this year, but she was a whore. Yeah. Not much to be proud of.
Doesn't matter
Had Sex

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Buccura said:
A tie between getting accepted into a University and finally getting a boyfriend.

Yes I'm going to be cheap and just go with a tie.
Doing better than me, I got into a cheap college and I seem to be missing a girlfriend for some reason.

OT: Probably would be the fact that I'm going to pass freshman orientation.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
I´m not Dead, i´m not Homeless and I still have a job and some semblance of health.

Things went better than I expected.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I've begun playing D&D, and so far I can say that I really enjoy it.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Nailed a stripper and soon to be cover-model (what? It's been a slow and rather shitty year, so something so lame as this is actually my "greatest accomplishment".)

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
Realitycrash said:
Nailed a stripper and soon to be cover-model (what? It's been a slow and rather shitty year, so something so lame as this is actually my "greatest accomplishment".)
also lied on an escapist thread to look kewl.