The year is ending...what's your greatest accomplishment?

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I quit smoking, moved in with my girlfriend, survived P90x (still out of shape though so maybe not this one), quit working for Microsoft (for me this is an accomplishment), finally made my business a legal tax paying business (I.E. got my business license instead of working under the table), and I didn't slip into a homicidal rage and kill someone. Take your pick, I am most proud of my business and smoking, but the others were real accomplishments for me.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I'm starting to be nice to people for a change. Normally, I'm relatively polite, if distant, to strangers, but a complete asshole to my friends. Also, I look down on people who are below my educational level. Trying to quit doing that too.

FunctionZ

Jul 4, 2011
I got a first in every subject for my degree for my second year.
I got a good job that I like.

That's about it xD

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Having Played this games:
Minecraft
Iji
Deus Ex
Hyper Princess Pitch
Realm of The Mad God
Painkiller
Replaying Alien Soldier + Dinamyte Headdy + The Pirates of The Dark Waters for Sega Genesis
The Binding of Isaac
The Black Lodge

Watched: Plimkin's RedLetterMedia videos
The Apocalypse Trilogy of John Carpenter (The Thing + The Prince of Darkness + In the Mouth of Madness) and They Live
The Call of Cthulhu (2005)
The Great Dictator
Bastion (saw videos of it)
Killer7 (saw videos)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney version) with the great Tony Jay

And "My Name is Diabolo" began production :D

Fine year actually

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Hmmm....that's very hard.

I would have to say it's ether making my own cosplay or passing my permit test, and getting my car, whom I named Tori.

Life's been ok this year.

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
Continuing my college (full time) while working (full time) and getting a merit in my exams.
Quit smoking. (well nearly - I have sneaked a few on nights out)
Meeting some lovely women over the year - some of which are still talking to me even after I wasn't the nicest to them and
bought a new car.

To be honest I am happy enough with all that when I see it written down.

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
DioWallachia said:
GamerKT said:
I lost a bunch of weight.

Also:

So? there are like 7 billons of human beings in the world so as you can see, its not even difficult
I don't see any correlation between my post and the number of people on this planet. If you're implying that sex is easy 'cause there are a lot of people, I still see no correlation. There's a lot of money on earth, so it should be easy to get, right? Again, not how it works. I don't understand your post. Maybe you quoted the wrong person.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Well i'm through my first semester at a 4 year university. I'm in finals week and while I won't make straight A's my grades aren't looking too shabby.

Odd coincidence but i've picked up smoking again, a ritual for finals week that keeps me from just letting my head hit the table and pass out.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
Managed to not kill myself for another year.

-Party hats-

Wait... It's just mid-December.

A little pre-mature, there.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Learning to ride the bicycle, learning how to play the tenor saxophone and joining marching band (Never played an instrument before and they still accepted me LOL), and hosting an RPG.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Well this year I; passed my Leaving Certificate (Second level/high school exams, for you non Irish folk), got accepted into college and quit smoking.

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
Best thing to happen to me this year was winning one of the prizes in the elderscrolls: skyrim content where you had to say what evil you have done. Won a custom skyrim xbox 360 , skyrim collectors edition , and xbox 360 turtle beach headset , a 320 g harddrive , a few other things as well. Also got to goto the Skyrim event in LA , meet the team behind Skyrim , get a few autographs , have a blast.

Worst thing to happen to me this year.. well there was two things. First off in almost 30 years i have never really had any serious medical problems. Ended up getting tested for 6 different types of cancer. Nothing has turned out wrong with me other then very bad acid reflux that no amount of meds will help. Second worse thing to happen to me , was not reading the rules for that prize i won , i needed to be able to get to the LA event myself. I live more then 5000 miles north east of LA so i couldn't go . The company that hosted the event wouldn't send me the prize package as i had to be in person to pick it up. I got to see pictures of the event the next day online..... sigh.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
Being able to see another year? Either that or making some great friends at Uni and having a bunch of fun at Uni I guess.