Themis Group Turns Full Attention to Escapist, WarCry

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Virgil post=7.73302.798062 said:
TsunamiWombat post=7.73302.797998 said:
Kudos if this means you guys are going to get more resources and support! But... the combination of your MARKETING Department with this site...
In addition to these sites, we have also done specialized marketing projects for other companies. For example, as L.B. Jeffries mentioned, Heroes Mini [http://www.heroesmini.com] was one of my favorites. It's not so much a marketing department as a clan of contract web-assassins deploying marketing-funded ... somethings. Metaphor broke down there.

And yes, we are trying to sell you a bunch of stupid crap. Like our weekly issues, Zero Punctuation, Unforgotten Realms, de-rez, posting on our forums. Just because we don't charge for it doesn't mean we aren't trying to sell the Kool-Aid ;)
You sir are admirable for your honesty. Win 2.5 Internets, Pass Go.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Virgil post=7.73302.798062 said:
And yes, we are trying to sell you a bunch of stupid crap. Like our weekly issues, Zero Punctuation, Unforgotten Realms, de-rez, posting on our forums. Just because we don't charge for it doesn't mean we aren't trying to sell the Kool-Aid ;)
Well, I'll buy it.

Wait. Did you say you had Kool-Aid?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Mmm, mmm. Tasty gaming-flavored Kool-Aid. *holds out glass for another pour*

I must admit, however, when I read about "marketing and PR" and "editorial" in the same post I couldn't help but think of how Gamespot bit the dust, but I suppose that's a different kind of fusion of marketing and editorial.