There is a new Tom and Jerry movie coming out....

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And it looks like a movie that should have came out over 15 years ago. Another film in line that takes animated characters and puts them in the "real world". Who Framed Roger Rbbit was really the only one to get this right. All I have to say is thank Christ I am not a big Tom and Jerry fan as I used to be. Lost interest of them when I was about a teenager.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ugh, AND its another one of those stupid toons in live action movies. Of which the only good one was Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. Don't @ me if there are more and I just haven't seen them, I'm mainly familiar with the existence of the garbage Garfield and Chipmunks movies.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ugh, AND its another one of those stupid toons in live action movies. Of which the only good one was Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. Don't @ me if there are more and I just haven't seen them, I'm mainly familiar with the existence of the garbage Garfield and Chipmunks movies.
Jerry danced with Gene Kelly once. Also dear oh dear this a poor looking outing.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Pretty shitty.

Where's that Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Volume 2, Warner Brothers? It's been nine years since Volume 1! Saw fit to release it again in 2020, but still no Volume 2.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean, I'll give them credit for trying to stick as close to the original artstyle as possible with the characters and not going all Sonic on them, but that's about it. And it looks like Chloe Grace Moretz joins the ranks of James Marsden and Breckin Meyer as a somewhat popular actor teaming up with a cartoon character in a mediocre movie. Didn't James Marsden also do that easter bunny movie? Poor guy.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean, I'll give them credit for trying to stick as close to the original artstyle as possible with the characters and not going all Sonic on them, but that's about it. And it looks like Chloe Grace Moretz joins the ranks of James Marsden and Breckin Meyer as a somewhat popular actor teaming up with a cartoon character in a mediocre movie. Didn't James Marsden also do that easter bunny movie? Poor guy.
Hop was a movie I had to watch with my kid. It was... not pleasant. Sonic was much better

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Man, I keep thinking James Marsden is his character's name in Westworld, as it sounds much more like a fictional western name than a modern one. But nope, it's definitely his real name and I definitely cannot remember whatever the hell he was called in Westworld. Ben? Florence? ...Hardy...Clayston?

OT: Tom and Jerry, Terry and Jom...you're alright, maybe after a bong. But it's been so many years, haven't seen you in so long. And as the fog of time clears, just where do you belong? Yet people hold you dear, like Atari's arcade Pong. And just like those, I fear, they are all as damningly wrong.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I will give it's credit unlike other Hollywood attempts blending cartoons with people like Rocky and Bullwinkle or the Smurfs I do really like the animation. It fits surprisingly naturally in the real world. But by that same token I would have much rather preferred a movie entirely animated in that style then this hybrid approach

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
This is like a lazy version of Roger Rabbit. We see exactly four animated characters in this film. If you're going to do the animated/real world shtick, at least commit to it.

The effects themselves switch between looking good and looking terrible. Really amazed that after PIxar and Disney's great success and Into the Spider-verse, companies aren't taking animation more seriously.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I still remember the first time Tom and Jerry made a movie. Dark times.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I still remember the first time Tom and Jerry made a movie. Dark times.
I used to like the first movie. Between the ages of four and six. When I got to about 7or 8, I realized that the film was not good. The only thing I really like about the film, is the meme worthy line "we've got to have money!", and the Cameo from Droopy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I only really liked the first Tom and Jerry movie. Everything else sucked when they were making crossovers with other popular movies.

The best Tom and Jerry movie was The Fast and The Furry. That one was actually fun and entertaining. Way better than their first outing. It's still the best Tom and Jerry movie as far as I'm concerned.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Don't forget Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Lee. Lee is the king of these things.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Honestly, I kind of don't like Tom and Jerry. I grew up during the time when they would have reruns of the show on at the perfect time for it to pretty much be the only show on TV worth watching when you got off of school, and it only takes so long before you realize how much Jerry actually sucks and is the tormentor to Tom (though I loved the episodes that played around with this, like the one with the dirt bag kittens or when they had that peace treaty between themselves and the dog). This movie looks like it will be terrible too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly, I kind of don't like Tom and Jerry. I grew up during the time when they would have reruns of the show on at the perfect time for it to pretty much be the only show on TV worth watching when you got off of school, and it only takes so long before you realize how much Jerry actually sucks and is the tormentor to Tom (though I loved the episodes that played around with this, like the one with the dirt bag kittens or when they had that peace treaty between themselves and the dog). This movie looks like it will be terrible too.
I agree. It's why I have so much trouble watching most reruns. Though at least when Tom wins, it's freaking awesome. The only ones I know that can watch Tom and Jerry without much trouble are my mom and my older brother.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Tom is a dick. You're all wrong. Though I enjoy seeing him be the winner sometimes.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I only really liked the first Tom and Jerry movie. Everything else sucked when they were making crossovers with other popular movies.

Darn it, I was going to post that!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to post the scene where Agent York discusses the sadomasochistic relationship of Tom and Jerry:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Tom is a dick. You're all wrong. Though I enjoy seeing him be the winner sometimes.
Newsflash, Jerry's a bigger dick. In the beginning it was true for Tom, but that was not always the case. Later on Jerry would antagonize Tom unprovoked or Tom would get punished unnecessarily or excessively to animal cruelty depending on his owner. Which made it all the more better when Tome won, or the owner got his/her just desserts. Though the side characters I hate most are the fucking teenage babysitter that yaps on the phone and beats up Tom for no reason and the baby himself, who intentionally gets himself in to danger. Fuck them both! I hate them more than Jerry.