There Will Be Brawl: Breaking News

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
"It's hard to get stains out of a CLOUD! That's all I'm saying."

"They DON'T all look the same."

"Fire that guy! Do you wanna work the lights?"

"What is this? Mario 3's costume? Is that what this is? Is it the leaf? He's gonna wear the Tanooki? Great! Thanks for bringing Tanooki over here! That's the LAST thing I wanna see. You guys know my history with that, right? He can FLY when he's got that thing! He comes right up to me."

I've loved the Lakitu News sub-section almost as much as the actual There Will Be Brawl series. :)

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
Yeah. They are probably just putting the finishing touches on the episode. I'd rather have a great episode that is late rather then a mediocre one that met the deadline

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
So they leave it off as a cliffhanger JUST as they introduce my favorite character (olimar), and I have to wait a whole month to see what happens... uggh...

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
I waited a month for this crap?

EDIT: Ah, it's The Escapists fault, not the producers.
http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/im-gettin-antsy-t37-345.htm#15627

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
holydog said:
It was utterly the worst thing i saw on the escapist...

FleaJr said:
This is a repost of the outtakes that were on the TWBB site, I still watched them all again though because they're awesome.

Stop complaining people, are you paying for the series to be made? no? then shut up. These guys gi've you entertainment for free and as soon as they don't give you exactly what you want, you complain, you really have no right
No the escapist funds them and yes i do expect more since they set such a high standard at the start.
Actually, according to their forum, The Escapist HASN'T been funding them for the last 3 months.

Revengineer

Apr 27, 2009
lakitu news is by far the best and most clever aspect of there will be brawl. have the creators considered scrapping the series altogether and just keeping the news reports. it's the only thing that keeps me watching.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yeah I was like "ooh a video" but oh well, the second friday of each month is is then!

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Aww, look at all the butthurt fans! It's so sweet. "I love your series, BUT YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU'RE REPOSTING THINGS FROM THE SITE AND THIS IS FILLER AND I HATE YOU GIVE US THE NEXT EPISODE!"

Jerks.

johnnymcbadass

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, this turned into some bizarro internet drama, and that sucks. But it's understandable that you guys are surprised and confused due to the lack of communication that accompanied the update.

This isn't the "new episode," which has been delayed a bit due to some (resolved) funding issues. Episode five is coming up relatively soon.

The news segments are lateral content that offer more of the Lakitu we all love as well as some juicy backstory details. You need to be paying attention to those, amateur sleuths!

cervie

Apr 14, 2009
I loved this one, with all the clever outtakes. Maybe a balance of 2-3 outtakes at the end of a full episode would be good?

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
heh, this was kinda funny. I never once considered the emotional damage I've done to lakitu when I had the racoon and tanooki suits on...I feel kinda like...an asshole. So, why are there so many crybabies whining about how it's a ripoff, or not funny, or cuz they can't grasp the concept of what's goin on in this clip? like in yugioh abridged "where's the new episode! where's the new episode! where's the new episode!"...jeez...fangirls...and since when did rob burgundy 'coin' in jokes?

sov68n

May 17, 2009
That was funny but uh... really? It took a month to poop out this five minute video instead of an episode?

Fallen Savior

Jan 15, 2009
I have it on good authority that this Friday we will see episode 5!!! Thank you for your understanding!