There Will Be Brawl: Episode 10

Fiannaz

Mar 20, 2009
Awesome done with making a very good ending. Started to watch fairly late in december but watched all episodes and not a single one is badly done. Well done

Attelia

Dec 23, 2009
I'll never be able to play Kirby:Crytal Shards again. I won't be able to walk around at night for a good three weeks, too.
It's truly unfortuante about what happened to the Zelda series people, but I think there is an underlying message.

If the butcher is butchering the people of certain games, what does that say about the future of said games? Just a little thought as to why no sequel shall be made.
Sucks that Samus lost her eye, though.

Serious Samuel

Jan 19, 2009
I'm sure somone already have asked this before but what was the song in the start of the episode? I have defenately heard it before and I know that it's probably a remix of a song from a game, but I can't remember which and it's bugging me.

KungFuMaster

Aug 14, 2008
I waited until the whole series was out before I watched it, and it was well worth the wait. Absolutely amazing, sirs.

Sasvma

Jan 11, 2010
amazing series but why does link and zelda have to die, he was my favorite Nintendo character

Jaker the Baker

Guild Warrior
Nov 9, 2009
Serious Samuel said:
I'm sure somone already have asked this before but what was the song in the start of the episode? I have defenately heard it before and I know that it's probably a remix of a song from a game, but I can't remember which and it's bugging me.
The menu music of Brawl, my dear Samuel

AOS

Nov 5, 2009
I really didn't get the whole of it.

So Ganon was blabbling off for a whole 5 mins while black blood was coming out from his nose, eyes and mouth. Even though he wasn't actually responsible for everything? What was he even talking about?

Was Link even aware that it was Zelda who stabbed him? Because he was apologizing and stuff, even though Zelda had tried to kill him. So Zelda was working with Ganon from the start and somehow had feelings for Link that she had to try and intercpt Ganon's Flame Choke?

Ness and Lucas were working for Kirby the whole time? Were they the butchers while kirby being the one who devours them?

I am super confused.

Serious Samuel

Jan 19, 2009
Jaker the Baker said:
Serious Samuel said:
The menu music of Brawl, my dear Samuel
Ahh, yeah that would make sense. Thank you for your help.

jimClassic

Jun 4, 2008
This was cool!
The Game&Watch army was so cool. And the creepiest thing was seeing Peach in the final part. Amazing.
There Will Be Brawl is so creative and fun. I tip my hat to you.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Holy shit...
Wow...
This has been better than any tv series. You guys are incredible.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
Redem said:
The girl pokemon trainer should have used charizard
screw charizard! dragonite...use PWN

but srsly... i hope it isnt just my dumbassery talking but that was a really touch-and-go ending for me.

MarbleMinotaur

Jan 22, 2010
Wow, that was a great series, just discovered it yesterday. However, I have to throw out my two cents and say there was a really big missed opportunity right at the end.

Okay, so as soon as Ness and Lucas were the big reveal and start laying out the awesome, everything clicked and I IMMEDIATELY thought, "OH HOLY SHIT, Giygas is behind EVERYTHING!!". All the dialogue about the "Devourer" and Olimar's ranting and raving about "The End" just pointed RIGHT AT HIM, especially since most of what Olimar says is word for word what Pokey Minch spouts off at the end of Earthbound (A character from Brawl I was actually surprised NEVER made an appearance. He was a BOSS in the game for crying out loud). Even the Luigi mindfuck with Peach's corpse and the disembodied voices taunting him was straight out of Giygas' villain playbook. Then it just turns out to be Kirby with another lame homage to Silence of the Lambs. A pretty big drop of the ball to an otherwise fantastic story.

Loved seeing Paula at the end, and for some reason having her there was kinda spooky, like she was going to seek revenge or something.

I also have to say Mario stole the show in the final episode, with the Cape, the Starman (I was WAITING for that) and finally the Mr. G&W Smash Ball vs Mario Smash Ball action.

Link's death was really lame and anticlimactic, ESPECIALLY after the "I'm at FULL HEALTH!" line.

But otherwise, good show, the acting was well done, the costumes were great and overall it was a fun ride.

Squiggers

May 10, 2008
Wow.

That was one hell of a finale. The ending part with Peach was creepy as hell - very well done there, and I doubt that some other groups would be able to pull that one off as well. Quite a bit of gore going on, a definate increase on the levels that we'd seen before, which was.. interesting, to say the least.

Well done chaps - as others have said, create a DVD and i'll certainly buy it.

I'm a little disappointed that its no longer listed on the Escapist video section, as it has to have been one of the best series created on here.

jacuzzisplott

Jun 27, 2009
You know, other than playing a few of the arcade versions of these games, I really know nothing of the Mario universe. Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish. Mario's fight with Donkey Kong in the bar is one of the best-filmed fight scenes I've seen in a long time. And the performances of Link, Mario and Luigi were great. Well done!!