There Will Be Brawl: Episode 10

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
robert632 said:
sorry if i'm alitlle ignorant about stuff, but what was the context of ssbm and ssbb? you mean the single player game(not the SSE.)? i really don't get it.
The fact that Smash Brothers in general has no ending, just a never ending battle that always gets renewed in some way. Defining a clear 'happy' end kind of ruins the point of Smash Brothers as a series as I see it.

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
Not bad. I liked a lot of things about the series. Considering the resource limitations and restraints I thought the costumes and special effects were really well done. The fight choreography was probably my least favorite part though, and sometimes the characters would get a little too chatty. I really like the musical adaptations, those were pretty creative. Good independent work. Maybe this will be the stepping stone for something with a budget worthy of its potential, either way, things can only get better from here.

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your kind words! Not only that but for all of you who have been with us through the whole series and shown your love and support. This was a passion project for all involved and we had an AMAZING time doing it! We've all made new friends and gained new respect for all of the cast and crew.

A special thanks to Matt/Zach/Kevin/Christian/Damian/JoEllen/Vanessa/Diana/Jennifer and the entire team for putting your hours and hours into scouting locations, setting up, doing the AMAZING costumes and makeup and keeping the set a fun/happy and amazing place to work.

Hands down, the BEST production team/cast I have ever worked with!!

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
a fantastic ending to a wondefully dark series, congrats to all of you and thanks for giving us such a bizarrely great tale

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Bravo guys, bravo. Lucas and Ness? Hell i didn't see that one coming but the story surrounding that was damn impressive. Plus i did like the nods to SotL.

Also, loved the cape and star bits for Mario, i had a huge nostalgia smile going for those scenes.

So, about that DVD. I'll give you anything you want.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Rathy said:
robert632 said:
sorry if i'm alitlle ignorant about stuff, but what was the context of ssbm and ssbb? you mean the single player game(not the SSE.)? i really don't get it.
The fact that Smash Brothers in general has no ending, just a never ending battle that always gets renewed in some way. Defining a clear 'happy' end kind of ruins the point of Smash Brothers as a series as I see it.
yes, but they called this the seris finale, meaning probably no more episodes, and yet left kirby to do something in the "tower" for some reason, as if this is really just a season finale, and they are going to make more.

lolandrew4

Nov 19, 2009
That was so awesome, made me sad though when some of the characters got killed, and the ending sent chills in my spine

saphirekosmos

Dec 25, 2008
Wow, just wow. I don't think I've enjoyed something this much in a while. You guys did a stellar job and I would love to see what else you guys can pull off. This is truly and epic work. Will be added to the collection of DVDs I find worthy of buying, with is quite selective. :p Hope you guys keep up the awesome work with some new project and thank you for this awesome show. It was truly worth the wait.

Feb 18, 2009
That was absolutely friggin´....Man, that was satisfying. I´m very appoint. So appoint, in fact, that I´ll have to go vote for these guys again *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*.
Seriously guys, do it; Vote. They deserve it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ZOMG that was amazing! though it seems like their will be a season 2... from the ending.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
dadanman said:
I hope the escapist is throwing money,thai hookers, and used xbox 360 at your feet to make either a squeal or alternate series. (* HINT HINT ESCAPIST*) if not I'm sure you can make demands.

side note: I;m gonna get a lot of people saying "xbox 360 games? why not wii you artard, this is a nintendo rendition." Look I'm a big nintendo fan boy but even I don't bust mine out too often. please no flaming just keep it on the awesome presentation.
=]

but no really, really hope there's more here in 2010
the action was about as satisfying as actually playing brawl (sorry...>:[ just saying) but the story and premise is as amazing as ever xD

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
That was excellent! Man, I am glad that you guys made that ending. Thanks alot! And Escapist better have something just as epic and soon!

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Supp said:
Aaaaaaaaargh, she's a pirate!

Also, I think we could build a temple from all these bricks we just shat.

Lol at the credits:

Matt Key: Awesome
And one of the donors was Captain Morgan..

That was... Amazing x20... I'm for the DVD idea. Although it was realllly graphic in the tower.

Geektress656

Nov 19, 2009
Holy mother of shit! EPICNESS!

I'm so buying the DVD!

If there isn't a season 2, I'll be really, really sad.

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you, cast and crew of There Will Be Brawl. My face just exploded off and I think my brain is suffering a catastrophic meltdown of awesome and win.

DJsRed

Nov 25, 2008
That was amazing. I loved the entire series and let me add my voice to the "DVD Get!" crowd.

combat90

Mar 28, 2008
i like the series very much, and the ending was good, but what was the end about? did Kirby take over the Nintendo Corporation?