There Will Be Brawl: Episode 10

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
combat90 said:
i like the series very much, and the ending was good, but what was the end about? did Kirby take over the Nintendo Corporation?

Have you seen the newest Nintendo franchise games? It's as if they just ripped the skin off of beloved characters, removed their insides, then put them in crappy games just to cash in on image recognition.

On that note, nice commentary there guys.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Aw, shit, Kirby was in Miyamoto's office to kill him? Or what?

All in all, I can't believe I stopped watching at episode... Er, whatever the one was when Luigi said the "It will be a brawl" thing. I guess it just turned me off, what with the whole beginning being so dark and, frankly, kind of stupid. But the story, hot damn. You really have a gifted mind, Grafton. I'm glad there was the quiz, cause that's the thing that got me watching for the last few days.

This is just some powerful shit. Plus, the happy ending(?)

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
I see a lot of people questioning the reason for the ending but, let me just remind everyone that this entire series is a "film noir" take on the mushroom kingdom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir This is a great article that talks about what a Film Noir is.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
It was a really powerful ending.
It will stand as a monument to all you have made. Well done. It was a most enjoyable series.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Geektress656 said:
If there isn't a season 2, I'll be really, really sad.
That was a series ender you just witnessed, friend. It might have been awesome, but all great things must come to an end. Preferably one with a kind of explosion the explodes faces. But don't be sad. The way this ended, I really don't care what happens after. It was all tied off in a clean knot, with only one loose end left, not that I care. It was all perfect.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Incredibly well done ending, and I look forward to having that DVD and watching it all the way through in one solid sitting. It's true though, what people say about the character never being the same, espicially with that upcoming LoZ fan-made movie, not seeing Tony doing it will be so, odd.

Initial J

Dec 14, 2009
Great work!
My favorite scene in this episode was when Mario blew up the Mr. Game & Watch octopus. Also the dead Peach was amazing!
Cheers for the cast & crew! You were all awesome!

I really hope that the DVD will be available world-wide (like speculated here [http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/upcoming-dvd-release-in-2010-t390.htm#33880]) 'cause I really want one and getting one some "non-official" way would be kinda hard. I would most likely get two to three copies right away.

Rhowia

Nov 26, 2009
Bravo!
I had a great time watching it.

A prequel would be great just to see the characters and the decline of the Mushroom Kingdom.

The cast and crew did a great job.
I haven't watched a live-action internet series before and I'm glad the first one I saw was Brawl.

Gelatos

Nov 19, 2009
A great end to a great series. I think I was most impressed by the special effects, usually don't expect much in special effects for web series but these were just fantastic, good job to you all. The costumes were fantastic too, especially Bowser, he looked great for a character that's so cartoony.

Overall an amazing series.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
JaredXE said:
combat90 said:
i like the series very much, and the ending was good, but what was the end about? did Kirby take over the Nintendo Corporation?

Have you seen the newest Nintendo franchise games? It's as if they just ripped the skin off of beloved characters, removed their insides, then put them in crappy games just to cash in on image recognition.

On that note, nice commentary there guys.
Well said. My thoughts exactly

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
That... Was quite possibly the greatest piece of filmmaking I have ever seen. Or at least in the top 3. I take my figurative hat off for you guys.
Creepy ass ending though.....

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
Well, Well, Well....Where are you Tyrkae?
eyedonutkair:
and dun be silly. Ness is the butcher. plus they thought it was bowser to begin with, didn't they?

Tyrkae:
they say its always a bowser not a always silly and it wont be ness or lucas its gotta be 1 of the main 10 or so char link.mario bros smaus, kirby,pokemon trainer,and so on
_______***____
That's a direct quote with a nice dash of I told you so.
I didn't actually name lucas, cuz i couldn't think of his name at the time, but yea. Eat some in yer face pie. Looks like Ness and co. wasn't such a bad idea, considering Kirby didn't do the killings while he was locked up. Eh, Tyrkae? I won't overlook my mistake tho.
In the words of Peter Griffin, to Lois about Peter Griffin Jr.: "....Well, I was kinda right."
Eat that, mr. 'won't be someone out of left field'

zimpirate

Mar 15, 2009
IronChuck said:
Holy. F-ing. Shiat.

Not as epic a brawl I was hoping for in the closing, but a solid ending, just the same.

Great moments: Mario and his invincibility star, Samus rolling into battle, Link's last stand.

Creepiest: Peach's corpse.

Least surprising: Kirby.

Most touching: New hope in a crying princess, Captain Falcon on heroes.

Hottest upgrade: Two words... EYE PATCH.

Again, such a great series; I hate to see it end. Perhaps there's a behind the scenes installment coming? Like many,I'd love to see everything that went into this; from the writers, to the clever costumers, effects team, and the actors.

Okay guys... so... what's next?
Well they are working on Fear.net

KoDOmega

Nov 22, 2009
That was amazing guys, all 'round. ... can we work Samus' eyepatch into canon? That was surprisingly sexy.

But yeah! That was a great end to a great series. If your entry on TVTropes doesn't get its own Nightmare Fuel section based on the end-of-series reveals ALONE, I will be shocked beyond words. Like I am now. Because my pants are wet with fear wee.

Bravo, guys. Way to make a webseries. Now... how 'bout a spiritual successor riffing on Disney instead? ^_^

strogi

Aug 25, 2009
A great end to a great series and what a way to start a new year. Bravo on doing such an amazing job on this webseries, far better then many of the programes put on main TV channels.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
SteveBurger said:
I will never see these characters the same way again.
i feel the same way, i cant play brawl anymore without thinking about how awesome some of the charecters where in this

BTW, Amazing ending, and i can say i think we all did not expect who the canibal was, Amazing work, please, do somthing like this with another game!