There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ouch, poor Yoshi :( He's probably the only Nintendo character I like!

So, it was never actually said... Do we think Bowser's dead?

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Nothing short of epic so far. A brilliant series.

Bower's castle is destroyed, so who's left if Bowser is killed? The only Dons I know of were him, Mewtwo and Dedede.
Only 2 episodes to go, keep it up guys.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Oh good lord, was that a smash ball!? All hell is about to break loose.

I still love the fox costume, but Ganondorf is easily the best one I've seen in the series. I can't wait to see more of him, as I'm sure we will. What with the King Koopa downed, dedede gone, mewtwo gone, Olimar acting crazy(er) the only one left to really control crime is Ganondorf. Hum, a Kingdom controlled by Zelda and attacked by Ganondorf. Sounds familiar.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Finally, a new episode.

I like the darker tone but I'm a bit confused as to where everything fits into the timeline.

Parivir

Jul 20, 2009
If Bowsers dead that just leaves gannondorf.
Just thinking on a tangent but Tabuu hasn't been mentioned at all so maybe he will have some importance? This is supposed to be brawl after all.

Jul 9, 2008
IrishBerserker said:
I hope Bowser shows up in the next episode, if he wasn't killed in the attack on his castle.

theaceplaya said:
Brilliant! I hope this series gets a DVD release or something, I would buy it with the quickness
Same here. A DVD would be great.
Why? You have it for free legally on the Internet.
CounterAttack said:
Nothing short of epic so far. A brilliant series.

Bower's castle is destroyed, so who's left if Bowser is killed? The only Dons I know of were him, Mewtwo and Dedede.
Only 2 episodes to go, keep it up guys.
There's also Ganondorf.
jboking said:

I still love the fox costume, but Ganondorf is easily the best one I've seen in the series. I can't wait to see more of him, as I'm sure we will. What with the King Koopa downed, dedede gone, mewtwo gone, Olimar acting crazy(er) the only one left to really control crime is Ganondorf. Hum, a Kingdom controlled by Zelda and attacked by Ganondorf. Sounds familiar.
Fox is becoming one of my favorite characters, but as far as costumes go, nothing beats Dedede.

Jul 9, 2008
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Finally, a new episode.

I like the darker tone but I'm a bit confused as to where everything fits into the timeline.
Just after the last episode, though it started with a flashback. After all, with Kirby dead now, how could it be before that? Only thing that confuses me is the fact that Link and Mario were fighting outdoors rather than in the prison.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
orannis62 said:
jboking said:

Fox is becoming one of my favorite characters, but as far as costumes go, nothing beats Dedede.
Oh, I forgot about the Dedede costume. That was so great, and the actor worked felt like he filled the character perfectly. Shame he had to die. I still just love the 'Ganondorf in a suit' look though.

Mr. Shoggoth

Jul 29, 2009
Keeps getting darker and darker. And that's a good thing.

I can't wait for episode 9. Fucking great.

Droa

Aug 1, 2009
like all the rest this was an amazing ep!

it keeps raising more questions tho which is getting to me, need answers!!

anyone else think the "cannibal" is still actually around? cos we all know what metaknight really is, so if anything it was quite an easy twist to make, just want to see whats going to happen next

bit sad not to see samus tho, no one in the series quite matches her, zelda and peach are nice looking, but still xd

Availible

Oct 26, 2009
I don't think Kirby is dead. We didn't get to see the corpse close up, and Kirby is know for taking others appearences, after all. And I don't trust Zelda... Although, I might just be overinterpreting the plot. I tend to do stuff like that.

That being said, I have to say I actually had to look behind me when I say the white in the window in the end. Have to go back and se if I can see who or what it is...

EDIT: Hah! Now I know!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Woah... looks like thinsg are really picking up. Glad to see a new episode after all this time. I'm eager to see Mario's "army" in action, and find out just who the killer is. (Not to mention where Peach is, what happened to King Koopa, where's Luigi during all this, ect, ect.)

...NOOOOO! They killed Yoshi! Those @!#$%&* bastards!!!

And yes, a DVD release would be nice.

Oct 30, 2009
Sooo anybody else kinda feel like Kirby isn't dead....cause I'm thinking that meta knight is the one who was burned up after either Kirby "took his power" or something like that and left....just a gut feeling i have but over all great episode just like the rest of them keep them coming :D

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Nice retrospective, and an intriguing ending. What intrigued me, is that Yoshi was more than just a bunch of intestants. It might just be so that we would recognize him, but why wouldn't the butcher finish the job the way he usually does? Is that a clue to something? Was it not the butcher that killed Yoshi, but someone that tried to lay the blame on the butcher?

I have a little theory. The butcher does not really disembowl his victims. He kidnaps them and leaves some others' intestants to create the illusion that he killed them. This could be for numeral reasons. Perhaps he has some kind of psyko experiment he is working on. The butcher might even be Mewtwo himself, having faked his own death. In Melee, Mewtwo's up special attack involves teleport (he is a Sheik clone after all), which might explain his efficiency at getting in and out unnoticed.

By the way, I wonder if we'll see more to Pit, Luigi and Samus. I think Pit has a secret, he might be connected to Ganondorf. In chapter 6 I noticed something strange in his eyes when Ganondorf's name was mentioned, and in chapter 3, he calls someone after Luigi leaves - which is right before Luigi is kidnaped by the King of Evil.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Asmodeus-Drakenblood said:
Sooo anybody else kinda feel like Kirby isn't dead....cause I'm thinking that meta knight is the one who was burned up after either Kirby "took his power" or something like that and left....just a gut feeling i have but over all great episode just like the rest of them keep them coming :D
Not a bad theory, but Metaknight was sent to the hospital, like Wario said, so it seems unlikely. I can't quite believe that Kirby is dead either. I believe he will make his return, based only on my expirience with movies that tells me it wasnn't his time to die.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Parivir said:
If Bowsers dead that just leaves gannondorf.
Just thinking on a tangent but Tabuu hasn't been mentioned at all so maybe he will have some importance? This is supposed to be brawl after all.
I feel certain in telling you that tabuu is not in. The case with him, Master hand and Crazy hand is that they are so powerful they must either play a large role, or be neglected. I think the makers proved in this video that they neglect them, as Master Hand and crazy hand were both reduced to references meant to make us go "see what you did there". Tabuu won't be in unless he is a small joke.

NRX

May 13, 2009
Wow, even more dead people. That's four in one episode. (Kirby, Yoshi, Falco, and the recipient of that falcon pawnch). Nice touch on the flash backs.

tyrkae

Aug 28, 2009
Im thinking that gannondorf and link are working together if they are the butcher or not who knows i think and for sure end of days is working with Gannondorf and i think thats how Bowsers castle got destroyed end of days did have a Super Smash Ball and ya kirby isnt dead hell it took the mario bros to take them out and a simple Flower BY WARRIO you gotta be kidding me so eaither warrio set it up or he found 'the burnt body' and claimed it as his own not and what was with the Ice Climbers did they do that to yoshi? CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!