There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
mindlesspuppet said:
Jeez... Haven't any of you people seen Silence of the Lambs?

Kirby... the cannibal... think of how Hannibal escapes... come on now...

Ellivader said:
My bad, seems like at least one person has.
Without spoiling anything can you tell me if There Will Be Brawl is Based off that movie, because I want to see that movie now.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
you rolled a one said:
in last episode they said deedeedee was killed by blunt force and you can see the climers out side marios place before he finds yoshi so i think that climbers are the killers
Maybe the climbers are working for wario

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
This series is fucking epic and I absolutely love the creativity everyone is putting into this series...

I want this on DVD!

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
DarkLordofDevon said:
Why does it seem like I'm the only one who thinks Ganondorf is the killer? He has the most to gain from this. Eliminate all the dons, kidnap/kill the princess, allow Mario and Link to start butting heads which will cripple the police force.

What was the stuff he got from Olimar anyway? He said it was some extra 'firepower to keep the pressure on the other dons'.

Ganondorf orchestrated most of this I reckon. He's smart enough and has been working from the shadows for a long time.
That's a possible theory, he might want vengeance for watching someone else destroy hyrule.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
RobotNinja said:
I freaking LOVE this video series. And I have a crazy conspiracy theory. Maybe that burned carcass wasn't Kirby, maybe it was Jigglypuff, and Kirby is still alive.
You wouldn't be the only one with that theory

that would also make Wario the killer in league with kirby

Zai

Oct 28, 2009
williebaz said:
that would also make Wario the killer in league with kirby
Not necessarily. He could have just wandered by a charred corpse, a Fire Flower, and saw "Metaknight" wandering off. 2 + 2 = 4.

tyrkae

Aug 28, 2009
NO dark lord i think you could be KINDA right i dont think hes the killer but he is working for him he gives olimar everything he needs to raise the army and get blood on the smash ball in order to take out bowser (IS HE DEAD??) and ya the iceclimbers being at the scene just i think its a red harring they might have killed yoshi but they didnt take his head so it could be a copy kill i just cant wait for episode 9

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
I KNEW that olimar would have a more prominent place in the series. And he's my favorite character =D, at least in brawl.

And great episode, can't wait for the next one... in a month

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
bigdaddy95 said:
jboking said:
Oh good lord, was that a smash ball!? All hell is about to break loose.

I still love the fox costume, but Ganondorf is easily the best one I've seen in the series. I can't wait to see more of him, as I'm sure we will. What with the King Koopa downed, dedede gone, mewtwo gone, Olimar acting crazy(er) the only one left to really control crime is Ganondorf. Hum, a Kingdom controlled by Zelda and attacked by Ganondorf. Sounds familiar.
Destroy Mushroom Kingdom and restore the mighty Hyrule? Could happen...in my mind. I'm sure they are going somewhere else with that, though. These guys have never failed to provide me with twists and turns I didn't see coming, so I am in disbelief that I could even come up with one of their plot points.

I think you have something there, possibly a conspiracy theory involving them two....could happen.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
williebaz said:
Without spoiling anything can you tell me if There Will Be Brawl is Based off that movie, because I want to see that movie now.
Unfortunately, it seems he does the Anime Reviews for this site, so I doubt he has any connection with the people behind There Will Be Brawl.

Brilliant episode guys, and the Bowser thing I think makes for quite a good climax. Is he dead? If so, is someone else the killer? Was he just raided by Link and killed because of that? Can't wait till Novenber for the next installment.

Apr 24, 2009
Predictions:
Kirby's body was actually Metaknight.
Wario has been the one disembowling people.
It's bowser.
IT'S ALWAYSA FUCKINBOWSER

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Great episode. I'm just sad that I won't see a new episode for a month, though. Quality is the best on the Escapist, if not best quality in any video game oriented show on the net.

From what I've gathered from this series, don't trust anything you don't see happen yourself. I doubt Kirby is dead. The body could be Medaknight, considering that they both are roughly the same size and shape. Further more, it furthers the reference to Kirby as Hannibal Lecter. Similarly, I don't think Bowser is dead either, hell, Mewtwo might even still be alive, but I digress.

I love this show.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Holy crap. I'm going to go with everyone else and say that I'm surprised at all the people dying in this episode.

I really want to see what Gannondorf has been up to and how Olimar brings about the End of Days, considering that it's his Final Smash.

Also, I don't know who the killer is, but I really want to see how they set up the character, whoever it ends up being.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
williebaz said:
The Kirby aspect of There Will Be Brawl seems pretty heavily influenced by the Hannibal movies. Aside from the obvious cannibal parallel, and Kirby's role in Brawl thus far, there's smaller details such as Kirby's cell in episode 7 which is a standing cell in the middle of a room similar to one that Hannibal Lecter spends time in.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Wow... another great episode! I can't begin to express just how much I look forward to each and every show.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wooo, just watched through all the episodes, I didn't realise what I was missing :p
So glad I've watched them now.
and They're Great.

Rappletek

Mar 26, 2008
When I saw that I was like.. 'Sh*T that's-a gotta be-a bowser in the bed!!'

but when it was Yoshi I was pleasantly surprised, then slightly depressed that Yoshi was dead... but props on the Godfather reference (Y)

only thing I could really say about this episode (which I realise eventually had to happen) is following Mario just isn't as interesting as following Luigi and having them run in to each other..

Great series, if you do organise a DVD release, could you make it easily available in the uk? cheers lol