There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
... Finally, a video in a month (I believe). It was pretty good wrap-up of what happened next and some back story.

As for the killer, I think there are 3 candidates we have now.

1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.

2. Kirby:

-Reason: After his capture, he subconsciously mind-fucked Meta Knight to let him out. Then, with somehow using his newly acquired technique, he performed similar killings as before.

=Possible way of killing: Do I have to explain this? Watch the series.

>About today's killing: He got out of jail and absorbed Meta Knight's power/got a better hand than Meta Knight to grill him to black (since burning will always result in black, no one will know if it's actually Kirby or Meta Knight)

3. Ice Climbers:

-Reason: All under Wario's orders. Wario would have started to start his own gang, but was pushed aside by other gangs. So, he ordered Ice Climbers to kill of the Dons. Incidentally, this promoted him to a police chief (notice how the Don killing stopped after his promotion).

=Possible way of killing: Hammer Tornado.. Probably..

>About today's killing: As a retaliation to his old nemesis, he orders to kidnap and kill Yoshi.

I know this would have mentioned in this forum before, and does not answer the question "What about Princess Peach?" I hope somebody would.

Can't wait until next one.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Who was the bearded man that Mario grabbed?

and that cult girl(?) in the white sheet?

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
lastoflancas said:
... Finally, a video in a month (I believe). It was pretty good wrap-up of what happened next and some back story.

As for the killer, I think there are 3 candidates we have now.

1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.

2. Kirby:

-Reason: After his capture, he subconsciously mind-fucked Meta Knight to let him out. Then, with somehow using his newly acquired technique, he performed similar killings as before.

=Possible way of killing: Do I have to explain this? Watch the series.

>About today's killing: He got out of jail and absorbed Meta Knight's power/got a better hand than Meta Knight to grill him to black (since burning will always result in black, no one will know if it's actually Kirby or Meta Knight)

3. Ice Climbers:

-Reason: All under Wario's orders. Wario would have started to start his own gang, but was pushed aside by other gangs. So, he ordered Ice Climbers to kill of the Dons. Incidentally, this promoted him to a police chief (notice how the Don killing stopped after his promotion).

=Possible way of killing: Hammer Tornado.. Probably..

>About today's killing: As a retaliation to his old nemesis, he orders to kidnap and kill Yoshi.

I know this would have mentioned in this forum before, and does not answer the question "What about Princess Peach?" I hope somebody would.

Can't wait until next one.
Only one problem, wario said meta-knight was mia missing-in-action. So silence of the lambs aproach wouldn't work. and to be honest is utterly predictable and boring.

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
DarkLordofDevon said:
Why does it seem like I'm the only one who thinks Ganondorf is the killer? He has the most to gain from this. Eliminate all the dons, kidnap/kill the princess, allow Mario and Link to start butting heads which will cripple the police force.

What was the stuff he got from Olimar anyway? He said it was some extra 'firepower to keep the pressure on the other dons'.

Ganondorf orchestrated most of this I reckon. He's smart enough and has been working from the shadows for a long time.
And there's a good metareason he could be the one behind it all...

He's played by the director =)

I definitely suspect Ganondorf working together with Link and Zelda to restore a new Hyrule. Pit and Olimar are in it too.

Then again, all the analysis on Wario and the Ice Climbers I'm reading here is awesome too. Althrough I don't see Wario behind behind it all, he's too much a loose canon to be so calculative, backstabbing...

But definitely props to the creators for leaving so much open to viable speculation!

And I would also buy this right away if it was released, BUT then it would have to be released by Nintendo itself =P somehow, I don't see them doing that...

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
Hmm i just relished metanight was rushed to the hospital, but can't kirby look like metanight. Burnt skin = black skin metanight had black skin.

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
I still retain my idea that the killer is the girl mario saved in the first game. There were some references kirby made to "the killer was there in the beginning" and who was there in the beginning with mario...

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
As for everyone who is afraid of Olimar doing a lot of damage with the smash ball: I think the only thing he can do with it is to activate his ship and get out of there. The great monsters attacking when he uses it in the game are from the planet in the Pikmin games, and it makes no sense that they would attack when he flies off.[/quote]

Well theres no way that Olimar will get to use the smash brawl. Someone more important will use it

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Chaz D said:
Obviously, Kirby isn't dead.

In an homage to Silence of the Lambs, he killed Meta Knight and mutilated the body to look like his own. He's going to show up for the finale, I guarantee it.
Like several people have said, that would be predictable and boring. Besides, Metaknight is currently the most likely candidate for the butcher. For motivation, he was obsessed with catching Kirby. His obsession may have been an overall obsession with getting rid of crime, explaining the motive for killing the dons. His reason for leaving the organs is to scare the other dons into stopping their crimes. His reason for killing Roy may have had something to do with Roy being a corrupt cop. Not sure about Pichu. His reason for kidnapping Peach may have been because Kirby was going to rat him out, so he needed her or Kirby to disappear, and he knew he would be suspected if Kirby died. But when the cells opened, he couldn't kill Kirby the same way as the others victims because Luigi would know who the killer was. Also, he has a way of spying on people without them knowing, showing that he's good at stealth.
Edit: Does anyone else get the feeling they're going to make a reference to that movie about the 7 Deadly Sins serial killer and show Daisy's/Peach's head in a box?

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
oppp7 said:
Chaz D said:
Obviously, Kirby isn't dead.

In an homage to Silence of the Lambs, he killed Meta Knight and mutilated the body to look like his own. He's going to show up for the finale, I guarantee it.
Like several people have said, that would be predictable and boring. Besides, Metaknight is currently the most likely candidate for the butcher. For motivation, he was obsessed with catching Kirby. His obsession may have been an overall obsession with getting rid of crime, explaining the motive for killing the dons. His reason for leaving the organs is to scare the other dons into stopping their crimes. His reason for killing Roy may have had something to do with Roy being a corrupt cop. Not sure about Pichu. His reason for kidnapping Peach may have been because Kirby was going to rat him out, so he needed her or Kirby to disappear, and he knew he would be suspected if Kirby died. But when the cells opened, he couldn't kill Kirby the same way as the others victims because Luigi would know who the killer was. Also, he has a way of spying on people without them knowing, showing that he's good at stealth.
Edit: Does anyone else get the feeling they're going to make a reference to that movie about the 7 Deadly Sins serial killer and show Daisy's/Peach's head in a box?
Have to agree about kirby being alive being boring (and rather pathetic i may add), though it wasn't him who smashed dedede over the head. maybe he teams up with the iceclimbers. And metaknight is mia, why does everyone think he's in hospital? he's missing-in-action probably flown the coup.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Rathy said:
That was absolutely amazing, especially the work on the flashbacks. Those really helped tie the struggle together.

And the end was freaky as hell. Totally was not expecting that thing under the sheets.
I was expecting Peach.

OT: Awesome episode, Mario is a great impromptu speaker, who would'a known?

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
it's starfy...Hint:burnt to death.still very good episode.the whole almost godfather thing at the end was funny.