There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

AOS

Nov 5, 2009
Ganon's yet to be revealed, but his only two appearances make him seem like kirby to me, talks but never has been shown doing anything.

I agree with many others who think MK died instead of kirby. I think Kirby will either remain mysterious, or he will go all out at one point and take out at least 3 characters on-screen. If there is some final battle as it was suggested by the end of the episode, I think captain falcon, fox and samus will die in battle. Fox because it completes all 3 dead space animals, captain falcon as there would be too many good guys left who remain alive or taking a bullet for pit, and samus because, after thinking the scene just before dedede died, samus pulled luigi out of the room making me feel she was ordered to make sure luigi doesn't see who killed dedede and to play along with the aftermath.

Not sure exactly about samus, but I'm picturing the last battle to have Ganon to wipe out a large amount of the cast, grabs a seriously injured samus, grabs her by the neck and says she's failed his orders and does a flamechoke ending her life, while a defenceless luigi witnesses all that at a distance.

I don't think Wario is directly responsible for any of the big incidents, but is responsible for the smaller acts such as selling out the info luigi and samus spilled to him and the probable murder of yoshi. To me he's got a LOT to offer to the bad guys, because he has a lot of information that he can sell to them. Like any greedy man, he sells out any secrets for his personal gain, but does not care about any large scale issues such as the fall of the mushroom kingdom.

I believe the story would be flawed if olimar has been given this much screen-time if he is irrelevant to the plot. He doesn't seem like he has connection to anyone, and only seems to be achieving his own personal goals that don't conflict with anybody else. However, I'm starting to think he may have had some connection to some murders. Perhaps he's been selling them pikmins to sadistic looking ice climbers.

Okay, Lakitu may have told the world that Bowser's castle is falling, or that MK is MIA, but have you people forgotten that the world that's depicted is dark and dying? It's corrupt and is probably full of lies. For all we know Lakitu may have been paid by someone else to make that announcement. That being said, anything Wario says is probably a load of bull. Trades information, but got nothing information about Ganondorf. Well yes if one doesn't know something, they don't know, but he responded as if he solely wanted more information without giving any back.

I'm honestly wondering why someone would stick bowser's head under mario's blanket. At first when I saw a big lump under the blanket I thought it was someone out to get mario. Before revealing that it was yoshi, I was thinking kirby, but kirby has nothing to do with mario so far, right? Plus I did hear a sound being made when mario got up and finally noticed something peculiar with the "thing".

So far, i'm thinking the ending of the series will best be concluded the same way most Saw movies end; the Antagonist dies, while an unexpected character working with the antagonist the whole time will be the last one standing. really I don't know, TWBB continues to suggest more and more possible outcomes, which is probably why it's been getting so much hype from each episode.

Mr. Shoggoth

Jul 29, 2009
BenzSmoke said:
Geez.. the ending was creepy. I wish I could take this seriously, but Mario and his pals are the main characters... so probably not... or is that the joke? Also I never thought of Kirby pulling a "Hannibal" on Metaknight.
Note the part "dark humor". Of course, this has some rather serious parts, but the idea is so hilarious that it's clearly not all serious.

thermo1

Dec 10, 2008
Maybe the psycho killer has not kidnapped the princess but the hyrule crew (Link/zelda/ maybe ganon) did in their plan to take power and just put the blame on him. Or bowser took her (its always a fukinbowser) and they took the opportunity etc. so the killer is just killing on the side. does fit metaknight a bit.....

Also in SSBB the first baddy in the Solo game mode is that weird flying thing called

"Ancient Minister"

has anyone seen any references to him? Remember he drops the bomb in the stadium that mario and kirby fight in.

zana bonanza

Oct 22, 2009
Ancient Minister is actually ROB with a cloak over him.
I wanna know where Toon Link is. I don't think we've seen him yet, and almost every other character I can think of has made at least a cameo. Does he not count because regular Link's there?

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
epsilon246 said:
lastoflancas said:
1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.
Only one problem, wario said meta-knight was mia missing-in-action. So silence of the lambs aproach wouldn't work. and to be honest is utterly predictable and boring.
Exactly. Because he is MIA, it is mostly likely that he has gone rogue (after Kirby's "suggestion") or, unknown to Wario, Link ordered Meta-Knight.

Thanks for clarification, I couldn't hear what exactly Wario was saying. I thought Wario said Meta-Knight was in hospital.

powergamer101

Nov 9, 2009
does anyone else notice that huge eye and face in the background near the beginning? When Link, Peach, Toadsworth, Mario and Luigi are having a meeting, there's a window behind Link (seen around the one minute mark when we have a head shot of Link) and there's a huge eye in it at some points and at other times there's a face. Hint, or lighting crew in the shot? either way, that huge eye reminds me of the eye of the eye guys in Kirby 64.

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
thermo1 said:
Or bowser took her (its always a fukinbowser) and they took the opportunity etc.
In the flashback, when the brothers and link were trying to catch a psycho killer (kirby) Mario was already exclaiming "its always a fukinbowser" so there's no more validation in that for me =p

Captain Kail

Sep 24, 2009
I agree with everyone that there should be a DVD. I'd happily pay to watch this on a TV in high quality. Then I can subject all my friends to it!

Great episode, I love how the serious undertones are gaining strength!

Culnaej

May 19, 2009
Jiveturkey124 said:
Im Still saying Meta-knights the killer, hes the only one that fits the profile.
thats a good assumption; after all, hes on the force and hes been killing criminals (if hes the killer that is)
totally fits meta knight

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Just wondering are there two or one episodes of "There Will Be Brawl" left?

SkullCap

Nov 10, 2009
Meta Knight could be the killer OR Hannibal-related death scene orchestrated by Kirby who burned off MK's face with the flower so he couldn't be identified and donned his mask, cape, etc.

Now all, but Toon Link has shown themselves. Possible connection b/w Ganondorf/Link/Zelda. However, Ganondorf doesn't wish for the kingdom to fall or there will be nothing to rule. He wants power, but he plans to take things cautiously.

Remember the two capsules filled w/ Pikmin giblets? Ganondorf said he would use them to falter King Koopa. Possibly drug the Don Bowser to give him power over his armies. So he could begin ruling.

*Lightbulb*
Meta Knight used his Dimensional Cape to sneak into the areas where the Don's were and "slice" them either using Mach Tornado or Drill Rush. He killed Mewtwo, then Dedede. Why would he do this? He was working with KIRBY. Kirby manipulated him. The whole fight was a cover-up and Kirby was set free by Meta Knight when the lights turned off, but MK was betrayed by Kirby. Kirby kills Meta Knight, burns his face off (so as not to be identified) dons MK's outfit and leaves the station impersonating him. MK used the Ice Climbers to assist Wario in obtaining information and once Kirby killed MetaKnight he impersonated MK to have the Ice Climbers watch over Mario. Kirby killed Yoshi to torment Mario.

Just a few theories.

SuperMarioBrawlers

Nov 17, 2009
My theory of the killer that noone will believe unless they look close at episode 5 I believe, it's Jigglypuff controlling or manipulating Red.

Ep. 5 when Red takes out the trash for a reference.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
I think the killer is Boo... He's a ghost who goes invisible when your back is turned... just makes sense >.>

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
Does anybody else even remotely believe the possibility that it is Kirby that's been charred to death, as opposed to Meta Knight, and the filmmakers are just playing with our expectations?

PlasticLion

Nov 21, 2009
I've watched all of this today. This is some seriously talented dark humor. Thanks to all who made it. Ladies you are beautiful, which is exceeded only by your talent.

If the last episodes are as good as these, I think a standing ovation is in order if it is possible.

PlasticLion

Nov 21, 2009
Again I watched the whole series today. I feel sorry for those who are guessing "It's just Bowser," or "It's really Kirby." Seeing this at the end is better than conjecturing after every episode. What if you guess right? Are you going to brag that you called it?

This is so much fun for me that I don't want to know what other people think. And that's sad because if I post this it lets others know what I think.