There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

MatthewMercer

Feb 16, 2009
Episode Nine

Welcome to a world of dark humor starring the classic game characters you thought you knew and loved. In this episode Luigi uncovers the depth of corruption in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Watch Video

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
I love the interpretation of Bowser. The costume is lacking in some aspects (facial expressions), but his attitude and all is solid gold.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Amazing episode. The plot just keeps getting thicker and deeper as the story moves on. The characters and their attitudes are phenomenal, and this episode shows that so very well.

The only thing, in my opinion, keeping this from being a perfect episode is the one annoying beep/censor toward the beginning. That throws off the mood only slightly, and since it's not the fault of the video maker, I probably shouldn't let it count against the video in my view.

Superb job, I can't wait to see more in the future.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
They're dropping like flies. I was not expecting Link and PT to buy it. Cannot wait for the conclusion, that was amazing.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Socken said:
I love the interpretation of Bowser. The costume is lacking in some aspects (facial expressions), but his attitude and all is solid gold.
I thought the costume was very well-done considering their budget.

Ganondorf: You and me are more alike than you'd like to know.
Cpt. falcon: I'm nothing like you!

I see what you did there, very clever. :D

Seriously, this show keeps getting better and better, phenomenal job on this episode. I especially love the two guys who play Luigi and Ganondorf, their dramatic delivery makes their every line that much sweeter.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Excellent! The end really tugged on the old heart strings. I can't wait for the next one.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:

You know... I didn't get that at all until you pointed it out. >___>
Jeronus said:
Excellent! The end really tugged on the old heart strings. I can't wait for the next one.
I honestly almost want to cry right now. All of the deaths have been saddening, but the one character that I connected the most with... the one who was just so innocent... *sobs*

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Just...wow!

Not a bad moment from start to finish. About the only bad thing I can comment on was Browser's mouth didn't really move much.

I can't wait to see the next (And maybe final?) episode. Especially if Kirby returns.

I'm surprised at the number of characters getting killed, but that just shows the series isn't messing around :).

Also, grinned when the b-dubs appeared, as the 'oldest demons', as Browser described them.

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fitthe profile?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
SharPhoe said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:

You know... I didn't get that at all until you pointed it out. >___>
Erm, I don't really know anything about Cpt. Falcon, so .... yeah, I still don't get that bit, lol.
Jeronus said:
I honestly almost want to cry right now. All of the deaths have been saddening, but the one character that I connected the most with... the one who was just so innocent... *sobs*
Indeed. I think that was kinda the point. And with the weapon Luigi helped create, no less!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Sephiwind said:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fitthe profile?
I think...if we go by what Browser said... that the oldest things are reclaiming the kingdom... that it'll be the oldest one of them all - the Pong Paddle! Not sure how they'd show that in episode, but still...

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Doug said:
Erm, I don't really know anything about Cpt. Falcon, so .... yeah, I still don't get that bit, lol.
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, Ganondorf and Captain Falcon had identical movesets and attacks, the only difference being that Ganondorf was heavier/slower than Cap. That exchange in their conversation was most likely a shout-out to that.

Bad Neighbour

Jan 14, 2009
Doug said:
I'm guessing it's because they both have essentially the same moveset on super smash bros brawl

edit: gah fail, too slow

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
D=
they killed the kid.. he was an simple child who couldnt hurt anyone D: