There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
That was an amazing episode. So many questions left unanswered. I'm waiting for Master Hand to show up now.

Also, Can you guys put up that version of the pokemon theme song somewhere? I would pay for that to be in my library.

Edit: I just re-watched this for the marathon and have to admit that Red's funeral gets me choked up.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
anybody else notice that Luigi foreshadowed the Pokemon Trainer's death?

Before he went to Bowser, as the pokemon trainer was leaving with Samus, Luigi said " You're far too trusting kid. Don't let ruin you."

Then the pokemon trainer got killed by taking a gift from Waluigi, who he thought he trusted.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
FrogDude14 said:
lotr rocks 0 said:
Then the pokemon trainer got killed by taking a gift from Waluigi, who he thought he trusted.
Waluigi probably had no idea what he was giving PT.
I know, but Wario certainly did when he gave it to Waluigi. My point is still the same though, he got killed by someone he trusted which luigi foreshadowed.

BustaJonesGavin

Mar 11, 2009
If you're going to trace the blame that way, you might as well bring it back to Luigi being the person he trusted. Luigi is the one who retrieved the bombs and handed them over to Ganon.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
SkullCap said:
I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

*Lightbulb* Oh Mama Mia, it all makes perfect sense. He can appear out of nowhere, has a personal arsenal of finger missles & lasers, and he can fly.

Master Hand is the Master Mind to this entire plan.

Master Hand commands the army of Mr.Game&Watch. He manipulated Ganondorf with promises of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf then manipulated Zelda with false promises of power. Ganondorf used Olimar the Spaceman to create the explosive pills. Ganondorf said they would be used to "take care of the competition" and he used one to blow up Red's house. Why? Simple, because Red's a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon trainer basically commands powerful monsters. Red collected so many Pokemon that they would have been helpful to fight the army of MR.G&W's. Master Hand wanted to crush any possible threats.

Master Hand will be the one to truly control the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf and Zelda don't know they are nothing but puppets; Master Hand is literally the HAND pulling the strings!

o_O.....Mama Mia.
Except, the creators have said on their forum that Master Hand and Crazy Hand aren't major characters at all.

Good try though.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
Epic, wasn't expecting Link to get stabbed though, kinda thought that he was going to redeem himself for being a douche, but now it kinda looks over for him.
Totally out of left field but I reckon it would be cool if it was an insane Miyamoto pulling all the strings, destroying his old creations to get ready for a new order (bit like whats going on in the real world) but that seems a bit far fetched. I cant frickin wait for the conclusion of this, Mario Bros. are gonna go old skool
Also liked the way that Luigi took off his jacket which I dont think hes done for the whole season, kinda symbolising that he realises its time to go back to the old ways and fight. Wonder if Mario will put his cap back on?

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Ah now THIS is a good episode length.

Oh and the "Sorry Luigi, but your a Princess is in another castle" line, couldn't stop laughing!

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
and Lakitu seems so certain that Bowser would rise again...
I felt bad for Bowser. I really did.
And Link, to be such a great warrior it was sad to see him have such a pathetic death. And Pokemon Trainer, he had so much to look forward to. He only wanted to do good, he didn't want anyone to be hurt...

I was hoping that they would have done the longer version of the Pokemon Theme...

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
Aktrez said:
petey hunter said:
Is it just me or does Samus look different.
Well, Sugar. When you have been running for days from the cops, are enemies of the state and just had the crap kicked outta ya by a group of thugs .. you probably would look different too. ;)

Thanks for watching. Lookin' forward to what Episode 10 will bring.

-Samus

RIP P.T. You will always be close to my heart ...
ok It was mostly your hair and the scar makeup, but there is something else, your expression but then thats becuase we never see samus sad, or confused.
but under that there is a slight difference. but maybe I'm seeing things.

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
petey hunter said:
Aktrez said:
petey hunter said:
Well, Sugar. When you have been running for days from the cops, are enemies of the state and just had the crap kicked outta ya by a group of thugs .. you probably would look different too. ;)

-Samus

ok It was mostly your hair and the scar makeup, but there is something else, your expression but then thats becuase we never see samus sad, or confused.
Well, I wasn't able to get my hair fixed before the shoot so, roots were SUPER growing out. But, it worked!!! I mean, when the hell would Samus have time to fix her roots while she's running from the law. And as a stripper, the colored/dyed hair sort of works.

That's my story and I'm stickin with it! :)

There is more behind her eyes this episode. She loses a very dear person to her. Someone very close to her, who she's had his back the ENTIRE time, now mistrusts her. Capt. Falcon abandons. She knows that a Brawl is close and she has a LOT to figure out. Does she stay and fight? Does she leave like Falcon? Does the kid's death affect her more than we know? What about Luigi? Is her close friend able to ever trust her again at a time where they need to band together!? ....

Yes ... so much still left unknown and so, thus, you see a bit more behind Samus' eyes than normal.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
Aktrez said:
petey hunter said:
Aktrez said:
petey hunter said:

-Samus

Well, I wasn't able to get my hair fixed before the shoot so, roots were SUPER growing out. But, it worked!!! I mean, when the hell would Samus have time to fix her roots while she's running from the law. And as a stripper, the colored/dyed hair sort of works.

That's my story and I'm stickin with it! :)

There is more behind her eyes this episode. She loses a very dear person to her. Someone very close to her, who she's had his back the ENTIRE time, now mistrusts her. Capt. Falcon abandons. She knows that a Brawl is close and she has a LOT to figure out. Does she stay and fight? Does she leave like Falcon? Does the kid's death affect her more than we know? What about Luigi? Is her close friend able to ever trust her again at a time where they need to band together!? ....

Yes ... so much still left unknown and so, thus, you see a bit more behind Samus' eyes than normal.
Also Your bruises were changed, In episode 7 you had a cut on your right cheek and a bruise on the left in Episdoe 9 theres just a bruise on the left cheek which is fading away.

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Yep, we've been running a while so my bruises/cuts have healed quite a bit. Same for Luigi and PIT.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
amusing thing about samus, is her being a stripper isn't to far fetched
In the first metroid she was supposed to be a guy at the end "he" would remove the helmet but it could have been a guy with a crazy hairdo, unless you beat the game fast enough then she removes the armour revealing a pink leotard or if you were really good she wore some miniture pink bikini thing, in fact most of the old games reward you with a picture of samus without her armour. but then nerds like the idea of getting to look at something nice(wink) as a reward for cramping their thumbs

MatthewMercer

Feb 16, 2009
For those who are asking, the Ending Funeral song is available for download on our main website, therewillbebrawl.com.

I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed it! It's been an intense labor of love, and you all make it worth every sleepless night.