There Will Be Brawl: Episode One

MatthewMercer

Feb 16, 2009
Episode One

The first installment of the hit miniseries: There Will Be Brawl. Welcome to a world of dark humor starring the classic game characters you thought you knew and loved.

Watch Video

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
wow... extremely dark and for older viewers for sure... I LOVE IT! I think of all the new shows I like this one the best so far! The twist at the end was unexpected! I nearly jumped from my chair when I saw him/her... *laughs*

[EDIT]:
After a bit of thought... there probably should be a warning for it... M for mature or something.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Ahaha that was so funny. I loved the expression on Mario's face when Luigi walks in on him. The cast is perfect as well. Almost every scene had me laughing my ass off. Is this going to be a regular show now? Please say yes. Also, is this sort of based around Smash Bros? Or just Nintendo in general. Or does it not really matter.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Dechef said:
It's too slow.
Took 5 minutes to get a small laugh out of me.
I think every time I laughed was primarely down to its original concept. I mean I know the whole show with real people playing video game characters has been done a lot of times but the style of this one just makes it so funny.

SwiftFlux

Nov 24, 2008
It's obviously not meant to be too funny, it takes on a different side of Nintendo characters that we've never really seen before.

But overall I thought it was very creative and deep. I want to see some more of this!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
I thought I'd enjoy a dark Mario style, how wrong I was. Still, it's better than most recent Mario games!

Even though I hated it, at least I respect it for being new and origonal.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
This is genius. It's dark, subtle, and funny as hell. I've never seen a web series quiet like this. Please, make this a regular!

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I noticed that almost all of the music is actual music from Mario Bros. but retooled to be film noir-style music. Its pretty clever, don't know if I'd watch it regularly though.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I remember seeing this MONTHS ago, and I didn't get a chance to finish it. Glad you guys picked it up! I love this thing!

It's hilarious, but at the same time, I want to know what happens... really caught my attention.

Chasington

Jul 17, 2008
This actually surprised me as being interesting. I thought this was just going to be an attempt at humor by going "haha, videogame characters doing things they don't normally do" but I was amused.

Edit: Anyone catch the ringtone was form sonic cd?

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
All superb quality, not much to add really.. besides this:

Does anyone think that there's too many live-marios out there?