There Will Be Brawl: Episode Seven

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
This was definitely one of the best episodes so far. Amazing how you manage to keep the series fresh and awesome all this time. Kudos.

Also, the part with Navi made me laugh out loud.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Jeronus said:
I think the butcher might not even be a brawl character or even Nintendo. I think it might piss some people off but it would make for a great twist.

GREAT EPISODE! I look forward to the next chapter.
This is wild speculation, but may I suggest Tabuu? and Master Hand?
Where are they?

But it was really good and Luigi continues to be Rorschach-esque

waxwingslain

Aug 12, 2009
Head trauma = stomp, so that narrows the suspects. Everything Kirby said sure seems to point to Sonic, but...the wheelchair...hell, for all I know it's Diddy Kong. Guess I'll just have to keep watching.

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
Next episode, I predict that there will be some... OBJECTION!

Also, when will we be able to buy the "There Will Be Brawl" DVD?

dolphinsexed

Aug 23, 2009
There are really only three plausible solutions, one being fairly linear/logical, one being the smart/surprise yet kind of expected answer, and the other being completely out of left field. This is what I think:

1) MASTER HAND - if the series is about a greater power that is reeking havoc on the Smash Bros world, why would it be anyone else? Even the main "storyline" of the original Super Smash Bros was about a hand playing with Nintendo character puppets, thereby creating the SSB universe. And what else other than a giant hand would skin a person alive? And, think about the ominous HAL Laboratories tower looming over the world. They are the creators of the overworld to begin with. This I think is the most logical answer, but maybe it's too predictable.

2) POKEMON + PKMN TRAINER - think about it. Other than Bowser (and tertiary characters like Dr Mario and Toon Link), all of the stand alone Pokemon have not appeared in any of the episodes. They said the killer is quick and cunning, so why not Pikachu? And we already know that the sweet/cudly characters from the games are actually devilish in this universe, so why not Jigglypuff? Lucario is a badass as well. And in the ultimate twist, maybe the kid PKMN Trainter is their leader. He is way to innocent, which is in start contrast to the rest of the characters in this world. So what is the motive? He is out to prove that the World of Pokemon is greater than the Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule.

3) POLYGON TEAM - way out in left field, but why not? In the games, they are regarded as completely useless and easily defeated. But in this backwards world, why couldn't they be powerful? Also, this would explain why only the skins are being taken. The polygons need skins. How nerdy is that?

waxwingslain

Aug 12, 2009
dolphinsexed said:
POLYGON TEAM - way out in left field, but why not? In the games, they are regarded as completely useless and easily defeated. But in this backwards world, why couldn't they be powerful? Also, this would explain why only the skins are being taken. The polygons need skins. How nerdy is that?
HA! I like it. I think that's the first theory yet that establishes motive.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
0p3rati0n said:
Why the hell isn't this on T.V.!!!???
I'm guessing either TV people haven't see it, or they are snobs and go 'Oh its a show about video game characters and hence not worth our time.' A shame really, as it would work on TV; though I think they'd need more plot lines after this 'the killer' thread is over.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
That was great! I loved the twist in Luigis character. It is starting to cover some really interesting scenes, though I prefer it when they do verbal/psychological stuff, as opposed to fights. Except for Ep.5. Ep.5 was pure gold.

Argol228

Mar 14, 2009
How about Giyagas, he killed Mewtwo for stealing his looks and now is terrorizing the SSBB cast because he is never mentioned in any of the games when he is indeed the lead villain on Mother/earthbound. and "As long as the laugh of a child can be heard the kingdom can be saved." and the laughing children Lucas and Ness, perfect for saving the kingdom from Giyagas. cool theory but unlikely methinks.

However a line got me with Samus. "There is no home to go when the bounties have dried up." this could be a confession. Mob bosses being hit, Luigi going blank when he tried to vouch for Samus's where abouts. even the butcher being refered to as a guy is misleading. but so was Samus's appearance when I first played a Metroid game. no one who doesn't know about Samus will think she is a guy when they first see her in the Varia suit. as ZSS she is fast but than the skinning and the removing of the bones dosn't fit. Anyway great job i loved this episode and it has really given me a lot to think about.

Jinksy

Aug 10, 2008
There were some classic moments in this one.
My favourite being Navi going: "Hey! Listen!" and Link yelling "Shut the fuck up Navi!" and hurling a hip-flask at her.
Let's face it, we all wanted to do it while playing Ocarina of Time. And it was a great touch when he pulled out another, since in the games he always has more than one container on him.

Also, going on my theory now (though I notice I'm not the first to mention it). I reckon it's MetaKnight. After spending so long with Kirby his mind has twisted. He didn't want to leave Kirby alone in case he ratted him out, and that's how Kirby knows for sure who it is. Also, he'd have a similar ability to cannibalise victims, like Kirby. Also, they kept saying about the killing needing to be very quick and stealthy, and having skills with a bladed-weapon. Who better than the guy with the ability to teleport short distances with his cape, basically turn invisible & wield a sword. He would've also been able to kidnap Peach easily after she visited Kirby. I have more, but will perhaps mention that another time.

Also, have other theories I'm working on. Just very impressed with the intense discussion you've provoked with your scripting and use of tension. Eagerly looking forward to the next episode.

Jinks

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
FALCON PUNCH! Thats what you get haha!

Did we skip a month or something, it is summer so of course that would make sense but hey at least it going on.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
Jinksy said:
Also, going on my theory now (though I notice I'm not the first to mention it). I reckon it's MetaKnight. After spending so long with Kirby his mind has twisted. He didn't want to leave Kirby alone in case he ratted him out, and that's how Kirby knows for sure who it is. Also, he'd have a similar ability to cannibalise victims, like Kirby. Also, they kept saying about the killing needing to be very quick and stealthy, and having skills with a bladed-weapon. Who better than the guy with the ability to teleport short distances with his cape, basically turn invisible & wield a sword. He would've also been able to kidnap Peach easily after she visited Kirby. I have more, but will perhaps mention that another time.
Jinks
I think Meta-knight might even kill kirby just to shut him up at this point. He looked so satisfied seeing kirby out of the cage and vulnerable.

-Jive