There Will Be Brawl: Episode Seven

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
This was fucking genius. Im sad that it will be so long till the next episode of the greatest series on the Escapist comes out

Durxom

May 12, 2009
Its obviously Gordon Freeman...blunt force to the back of the head=crowbar....ok probably not..

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
captainwillies said:
Guitar Gamer said:
petey hunter said:
who is the butcher, kirby keeps syaing he'll tell, but he never does
isn't it
that girl with the bandedges over her face all the time? they showed her face in that photo near the end
have you played "ocarina of time?". the girl with the bandages isn't the killer. that scene was supposed to uncover that zelda the princess is also the black ops *****.
ah, I guess I just didn't look at the photo hard enough, for the record I've played orcarina alot but never really figured who the person in bandedges really is, call me a idiot of you must but I just never made the connection

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Win win win! Can't wait for episode 8!!! These just keep getting better and better! I <3 Captain Falcon!

seekeroftruth87

Jul 16, 2009
just saw this episode...FREAKIN' EPIC!!!
wish i didnt have to wait so long in between episodes, but it has yet to disappoint me.
Excelent job to the makers of this series!

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
One vote for Master Hand being the Butcher.. One of his attacks "drills" you onto the stage, which, in real life, might leave you with only the squishy parts (a.k.a. your innards and what's left of your skin, if there are any)... The friction when "drilling" may be too powerful to crush the bones and to remove (or destroy) victim's skin, but not his/her innards... (not completely anyway) Also, he can teleport around the stage (kinda fits how "fast" the Butcher leaves the scene of the crime)..

Though, I kinda doubt it fits perfectly.. One of the Butcher's M.O. seems to be that he (or she) gives blunt trauma on the back of the head (knock the victim out), and Master Hand (from the game) just keeps hitting you no matter where you are facing.. Also, recent episode revealed that victim''s skin and bones were removed with his innards intact, meaning it's like "Silence of the Lamb" killer with quicker and more inventory on his/her pocket.. Maybe he/she didn't want the innards after all.. Perhaps.. The Butcher needs victim's skin and bones to recreate the victim in a way that could be presented as a trophy, kinda like a Waxed person, but with actual skin and bones.. The Butcher can stuff the victim anyway he/she wants..

Oh, and one vote for Sonic, too.. Now, before you say anything like "But, he is in a wheelchair, you dumb$@#$!!", I want you to consider how Kirby described the clues being right in front of him.. IMO, it implies that Luigi ignored something or someone as a suspect, just because he didn't see logical possibilities from what he saw.. Sonic may LOOK disabled, but he might be as fast as he is in the game... Also, one of his attacks that jumps straight up while spinning may leave the innards only part as well.. By jumping directly upwards while spinning, the victim will be caught by the Sonic's needles and be rolled around a few times, leaving only the innards.. The skin is destroyed from initial contact.. The bones may be stuck on his needles, but he would be able to get it off somehow.. (i.e. his hobo clothes to hide them and dispose of it later..

However, this theory still has a problem of "keeping the innards intact" scene from earlier episode.. IDK.. You be the judge..

Oh, and hello The Escapist forum!! My name is LastOfLancas..

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
We haven't seen Bowser yet, but I don't think we've seen Jigglypuff either. The butcher isn't Bowser, so it is either Jigglypuff or someone we already know.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
That was pretty epic there at the end, although I don't get how did Kirby ever become a Hannibal Lecter impersonator.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
The Butcher is obviously
Mr Resetti! :p

Really great job, this series has, in my opinion, really surpassed Doomsday Arcade as of late.

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
fishbeinb said:
I figured it out!
kirby said The killer was there in the beginning - malinda (girl Mario talked to at end of episode she's from Donkey kong the oridginal)
People close to DDD when he was killed - malinda (she's a bartender)
Reason to capture princess peach and destroy her kingdom (and mabey some alterior reasons) - malinda (mario dumpted her after the first game)
She pretends she's over him but secretly wants revenge - malinda

Ok that might not be her name but i'm lazy and its late.
Hm... Nice theory.. but some questions still left behind.. FYI, her name is Pauline

1. How is she able to pass security and people when DDD was attacked?
2. How and what does she do with victim's skins and bones?
3. Why didn't she go directly to Princess Peach, if she was aware of the affair between Mario and Peach?

Though, I guess questions number 1 and number 3 can be answered.. I mean, she was working as a bartender and she wanted attention and chaos before she could get a hands on the Peach... BUT, she was talking with Mario the whole time, when DDD was last seen, murdered and found by Luigi (just saying)...

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I wonder which clues are the ones you should take into account. Here is how it goes.

Must be fast: Sonic seems like a possible butcher
Skilled with a blade: could be Link, or Metaknight. After all, metaknight might have been affected by all his Kirby-studying, he kidnapped Peach because Kirby was about to help her, he now wants to fight Kirby before the puffball says anything, and taking into consideration how fast he moves with his blades in the game, he must be considered one of the chief suspects.
Leaves just the intestants: Who would do such a thing. Wario maybe.
Knocks them out from behind: Well, Jigglypuff is not a strong fighter so his/her best chance would be to catch someone by surprize and punch them in the back of the head to knock them out.
Being on the scene: We don't know anything about Mewtwo or Peach, but at the time when Dedede was murder, there is a clue. When she hears about the fight, Samus takes one step forwards, then stops and takes one step back. She is there at the time of the murder. Either she is the butcher, or someone sneaks past her, but then it would be odd that she didn't hear anything. On the other hand, Kirby calls the butcher a he, so Samus is not the butcher, but she could be working with him.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
Guitar Gamer said:
captainwillies said:
Guitar Gamer said:
petey hunter said:
isn't it
that girl with the bandedges over her face all the time? they showed her face in that photo near the end
have you played "ocarina of time?". the girl with the bandages isn't the killer. that scene was supposed to uncover that zelda the princess is also the black ops *****.
ah, I guess I just didn't look at the photo hard enough, for the record I've played orcarina alot but never really figured who the person in bandedges really is, call me a idiot of you must but I just never made the connection
lol turth be told i never finished ocarina either but in "super smash brothers melee" you play as Zelda/Sheik soooooo i guess you never owned a Gamecube.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
captainwillies said:
Guitar Gamer said:
captainwillies said:
Guitar Gamer said:
petey hunter said:
isn't it
lol turth be told i never finished ocarina either but in "super smash brothers melee" you play as Zelda/Sheik soooooo i guess you never owned a Gamecube.

gosh maybe I really don't pay attention to the cut scenes of orcarina of time because I finnished it and I still didn't know it was her
also no I don't own a gamecube so I wouldn't know that

lastoflancas

Aug 17, 2009
WaderiAAA said:
We don't know anything about Mewtwo or Peach, but at the time when Dedede was murdered, there is a clue. When she hears about the fight, Samus takes one step forwards, then stops and takes one step back. She is there at the time of the murder. Either she is the butcher, or someone sneaks past her, but then it would be odd that she didn't hear anything. On the other hand, Kirby calls the butcher a he, so Samus is not the butcher, but she could be working with him.
I bet Kirby MIGHT not willing to acknowledge he got it wrong if he did (serial killers are quite arrogant... just saying).. I saw the episode 5 again.. and I gotta agree that your accomplice theory might be right.. Along with how police force in general (or Link and Zelda) feels Samus is hiding something..

If she WAS an accomplice to the killer, she intentionally made an entrance and escape for the killer and watched as killer finished off his/her victim (Sorry, I still have my reservation when it comes to the Butcher's gender after reading "The Long Halloween".. )... It also plausible that she tipped Sheik (Zelda) or other police force about the murder, but (as almost all the Ace Attorney series goes) what's her motive for this?

Money? Possibly.. because how she has fallen from grace when the bounties ran out and she had to be degraded to stripper.. Could be possible that she wanted some "Bounty Hunter" like job to appear amidst chaos so she can trick the killer to get her reward.. Though, based on his M.O. I think our killer's smarter than this cheesy scheme..

Revenge? For what? I don't think of anything that comes to mind when I think of THIS reason..

Power? Maybe.. Especially if we are talking about her Zero suit status.. She might be helping the killer in exchange for her Power suit back.. but, based on her fighting skills, I think she is well-off without it :) (but not better...)

That's my take...

Book

Aug 22, 2009
im putting my money on either the pokemon trainer or game and watch, game and watch because he's the only 2d guy in a 3d world (the butcher has taken the skins, almost a 3d suit)and pokemon trainer because he never plays a direct role in brawl (its always his pokemon in the game - anger issues?)... although then im wondering why he would kill mewtwo?

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Falcon Punch effect was lacking, but still impressive for your guys' low budget.

I'm happy to see the return of your accents. The last episode, it seemed like you had dropped them. I thought this series was on decline for awhile now, but damn; you guys did a complete 180. This is probably one of the best episodes in the series thus far (excluding the episode with Olimar), and I await the next episode with bated breath.

A bit of critique: Captain Falcon's outfit, it's absolutely wonderful, except for the chest-pectoral area. Captain falcon is incredibly buff, and considering he wears tights, it shows. You might consider building an underwear for the Falcon character that gives the illusion of him being overly muscular, to complete the character's look.

WolfCyrus

Aug 1, 2009
Just saw it, holy crap, better than most professional Hollywood movies/series on the television right now. You guys are just fantastic with this.
And the identity of the killer is driving me crrraaazzzyyy. o.0
Can't wait for next month's episode. :D!