There Will Be Brawl: Episode Three

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Congrats guys, you've created fanboy premium-crack. Lovin it.

The little teasers at the end of each keep the interest and you edit it so masterfully it ceases to be as cheesy as it should be. Projects like this really make me smile since regular TV is so regulated nowadays you'd never be able to push it, people coming together to make somthing like this out of pure fun is just awesome.

jojoemon

May 20, 2008
I really love the amount of detail they put into the episodes. Plus it's a neat plot

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
Jeronus said:
Damn! The guy at the end has raised my hopes through the roof. I hope we get to see some action though. The only thing that came close was the moment when Mario punched Wario. I also hope we some epic confrontations like Ganon vs. Link or Mario vs. Bowser. Also Bowser became a Buddhist! WTF! I mean isn't Bowser a fire spitting dinosaur with world domination and a princess on his mind! Last time, I checked Bowser wasn't the Buddha type. I reeeeaaaaaally wanna see what a buddha bowser looks like.
I was wondering about that too. Honestly though, I nearly choked when I heard that line. Simply amazing series. Can't wait for next month

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Captain Falcon. Just brilliant.

Also the heartbreak on Luigi's face when Mario makes the Player 2 comment... ouch.
It just keeps getting better and better.

TheAlmightyAwesome

Mar 13, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
I got a question for any of you who are part of this project. How many extras did you use for the club sceane, and were any of them regular actors for other charicters? I guess thats 2 questions.
I'm not sure how many extras we had that night. Approximately 15 or so, masterfully directed by the talents of Mercer. I will say that THAT shoot was one of the funnest shoots ever. It wasn't really a shoot so much as it was a big gay party in the upper room of a bar. And then I got to walk through the bar lookling like a strung out Luigi. Thanks Mercer...

And I think Mercer would kill me if I answered the second question. Sorry Eric L'Orange.

Guilen-

Mar 14, 2009
Aktrez, way to stand up for your work :) You're awesome

Bowser being a buddhist makes wicked sense, methinks

This show is so bloody amazing, thanks for being so rad
Those scenes take you places; way to be!

(Shake-a the tree, See what-a falls; eternal video game wisdom or what?)

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
I just wanted to help inflate your egos, especially whoever is responsible for the extras, sets, music, and special fx (the professional level acting of the main characters should be obvious).

Look, I don't consider myself a Nintendo fanboy by any stretch but one of the best things about this show IMHO is the backgrounds supporting that bad ass foreground with the story going on. Quite a few times, the extras are done up in some of the coolest nods to this or that game's creature.

This series has helped elevate Escapist, along with all the other excellent choices they have made for featured vids.

MatthewMercer

Feb 16, 2009
polygon said:
Was that Captain Syrup Samus was hooking up with?
Oooo, a very good guess! It's actually Barbara the Bat, one of the Assist Trophies from the game.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist16.html
(4th one down)

Azeban

Sep 27, 2008
I don't think it's pervy to make stripper jokes, since having Aktrez's striptease was meant to be humorous in the same vein that any of these characters are humorous (via the juxtaposition of adult themes with characters from your childhood.)

At least I hope it was added for the sake of humor. It would be rather disturbing to see an Escapist show use sex as a selling point, particularly when the characters are in an open dialogue with their fans. (Lol, you can't fap to someone you've spoken to.)

Aktrez

Mar 13, 2009
Azeban said:
I don't think it's pervy to make stripper jokes, since having Aktrez's striptease was meant to be humorous in the same vein that any of these characters are humorous (via the juxtaposition of adult themes with characters from your childhood.)

At least I hope it was added for the sake of humor. It would be rather disturbing to see an Escapist show use sex as a selling point, particularly when the characters are in an open dialogue with their fans. (Lol, you can't fap to someone you've spoken to.)
Well, again the writers used scenes from Brawl to draw the characteristics from. Samus is drawn as a very sexy character and she just so happens to burst out of her power suit revealing her zero suit. Nintendo is the one who created that little gem. I just re-inacted it in my .... uh ... own way! :)

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Azeban said:
I don't think it's pervy to make stripper jokes, since having Aktrez's striptease was meant to be humorous in the same vein that any of these characters are humorous (via the juxtaposition of adult themes with characters from your childhood.
Yay, I'm not a prev!

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
This series is plain brilliant, very professional looking. When this is all finished they should get it onto DVD or something.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I wonder if there will be any more Assist Trophy cameos. There could be a war, that'd be perfect for the AW team.
And Isaac FTW

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Great episode. And am I the only one who's reminded of Rorschach with Luigi? What with the trench coat and the monologues...