There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

The Series Finale of There Will Be Brawl will launch this Friday, January 1st at noon EST and The Escapist has some extra Brawl content just for this special occasion.

For those of you out there who are badge collectors, we have re-opened the "Game Noir" badge which you can receive by watching all the past episodes of Brawl [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/there-will-be-brawl] through the weekend.

We also have other great coverage, including Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/6907-There-Will-Be-Brawl-The-Story-So-Far] for all the fans out there.

Come back Friday and start your New Year off with a Brawl!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
10: Awesome
20: Goto 10

Although I have to wonder what they'll do for the next series - and how are they making money off of this? It can't be cheap to do...is the Escapist sponsoring them?

JonnyJinx

Dec 21, 2009
Thanks Escapist guys, all I wanted was a date. It was nice of you to open the Game Noir badge too. :)

ParadoxBG

Dec 24, 2009
:)

Doug said:
10: Awesome
20: Goto 10

Although I have to wonder what they'll do for the next series - and how are they making money off of this? It can't be cheap to do...is the Escapist sponsoring them?
The impression I got from reading the history of the series on therewillbebrawl.com is that they're doing it pretty much for free, or at least started off that way til the Esacpist picked them up, and the sponsorship of the Escapist has provided them with money to finish, as it surely is an expensive project. There're a lot of actors and probably a lot of crew, so I can't imagine any one of them making a whole lot off of this aside from the satisfaction of creating the BEST web series I've ever seen. :)

Jul 9, 2008
Yay, I can't wait. I love TWBB so much, it may be the best series on the Escapist. Speaking of, any word on employing the makers in the future?

dirtydawg1987

Nov 21, 2009
So i emailed matt about the fanali and he wrote back and cleared some stuff up

Hey, Travis!

Sorry for the confusion, but to make a long story short, we were originally looking at an Xmas release, but the Escapist decided they wanted to bring it out a week early and cut our development time by a week. We tried to make the 18th, but slipped a few days. However, they have had the final episode since last Tuesday, so I am not certain at all what is keeping them from putting it up. My apologies, and I thank you for your patience, but keep an eye out, and I imagine it should be up shortly. Its worth it, I think. ;)

-Matt

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
sweet, I've rewatched the whole series like ten times and now it's finally coming to a close. Thank you for the heads up