There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

JerrytheBullfrog

Dec 30, 2009
zimpirate said:
I bet Matt isn't going to work with The Escapist anymore after this stunt.
Yeah, man, it totally sucks when the people paying you to do something give you a deadline, promote the show to all hell (using advertising space that otherwise they could probably be selling) and then you don't meet it. And then they, being actual people, have holidays and vacation time, and the whiny little community keeps crying and crying about not having their FREE entertainment because they don't understand how businesses actually work.

Sorry, but as a long term reader of The Escapist (and admitted fan of Brawl) who was watching those forums in disgust over the entitlement and whining that people weren't taking time off their holidays to bring you free shit when it was delivered to them late? I had to finally register because the attitude of everyone like you shouldn't spill over here. Keep that cancer contained to those forums and learn how the real world actually works, sonny. When you have a contract, you deliver.

FrogDude14

May 9, 2009
Eh... I'm going to act like the finale will be delayed again until February. THAT WAY I won't go psycho waiting for it, and if it actually is delayed again, I won't be surprised. But I would soon then jump in front of a train.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Doug said:
10: Awesome
20: Goto 10

Although I have to wonder what they'll do for the next series - and how are they making money off of this? It can't be cheap to do...is the Escapist sponsoring them?
The escapist pays them for making videos. They have a contract. Watch some of the beginning episodes of Unforgotten Realms. You'll notice he mentions them paying him. Not only that, Yahtzee makes references to getting paid by the Escapist SEVERAL TIMES in his reviews.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Man, I just happen to be working this friday, at a place with no internet, for 12 hours, well I guess I have something to look forward to.

mudshovel

Sep 29, 2008
JerrytheBullfrog said:
zimpirate said:
I bet Matt isn't going to work with The Escapist anymore after this stunt.
Yeah, man, it totally sucks when the people paying you to do something give you a deadline, promote the show to all hell (using advertising space that otherwise they could probably be selling) and then you don't meet it. And then they, being actual people, have holidays and vacation time, and the whiny little community keeps crying and crying about not having their FREE entertainment because they don't understand how businesses actually work.

Sorry, but as a long term reader of The Escapist (and admitted fan of Brawl) who was watching those forums in disgust over the entitlement and whining that people weren't taking time off their holidays to bring you free shit when it was delivered to them late? I had to finally register because the attitude of everyone like you shouldn't spill over here. Keep that cancer contained to those forums and learn how the real world actually works, sonny. When you have a contract, you deliver.
Odd you got suspended for those sentiments then.

OT: Thanks for the heads up about the release date. :D

Abrams X

Dec 29, 2009
Woot! and luckily I don't have too work ;D

Forget the Ball dropping into the New Decade, There Will Be Brawl is much more important! lol

Thank you for posting this up! Cheers Sir!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
lambi89 said:
For real real, not for play play?
For real real

We have it, it's here at the office, and it will come out on Friday. Also, I've watched it, just to make sure I don't lie to you folks.

After I watched it, I looked in my dictionary and There Will Be Brawl's finale was listed as the first entry under "fucking awesome".

Belano

Nov 11, 2009
FINALLY!

I've been checking the site every day since it was announced, an even hitting the official TWBB forums. WOHO, can't wait to see this!

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
I'm really, really excited, I have a 3rd thing to look forward to this week, but is by far the best thing to look forward too :).

tibet

Dec 21, 2009
Things happen and Matt and Crew are not pissed at Escapist, nor they at them as far as I know. The big delay came from 2 out of 3 computers used for editing going offline (breaking) during the editing process. There would have been 3 editors working at once if they had the computers, so their editing time tripled. That's why Matt collapsed, because he was doing most of it on his own. Also there were over 50 special effect shots in this one episode, so those ran behind as well. I spent the evening with Matt on the 26th and he is rested, feeling well and very glad to have it finally completed. He sent the episode to Escapist shortly before the last computer died, so he didn' have the episode to show, but I hear it's really good. Also, FYI, all crew and actors worked for free. Escapist provided funding for production (mostly props and costumes) but this was a labor of love for everyone who worked on it.