There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
oh you mean THIS friday instead of two weeks ago friday??
haha just kidding, cant wait!

Will the Great

Dec 31, 2009
Is The Escapist borrowing from the SciFi Channel's Book of How to Host a Hit Series? They've been sitting on it since last Tuesday, so what possible reason could there be for this extended wait? At least when the second half of BSG S4 was yanked away for a whole year it was to milk more money from the fans.

Greenansatsu

May 21, 2009
Will the Great said:
Is The Escapist borrowing from the SciFi Channel's Book of How to Host a Hit Series? They've been sitting on it since last Tuesday, so what possible reason could there be for this extended wait? At least when the second half of BSG S4 was yanked away for a whole year it was to milk more money from the fans.
Actually escapist only had since late last thursday, friday was christmas, then the weekemd, I'm told that monday technically could have been a "bank holiday?" they might have fumbled the ball a bit on tuesday but its wednesday and the world is at peace. I'm not 100% happy on the handling but it could have been worse, a lot better also but worse as well.

Will the Great

Dec 31, 2009
Normally a bank holiday would be an acceptable excuse (or would be, if that didn't still leave us with a week), but somehow the Escapist managed to upload other content despite that fact. I wonder what bizarre plot device prevented them from using this same advanced technology to post TWBB's finale the same way.

Qujibo

Oct 7, 2009
Finally they stop keeping us in the dark. Also, special thanks to Matt for passing out many times to let us see the episode on Friday =D kthxlolbbq

JerrytheBullfrog

Dec 30, 2009
Will the Great said:
Normally a bank holiday would be an acceptable excuse (or would be, if that didn't still leave us with a week), but somehow the Escapist managed to upload other content despite that fact. I wonder what bizarre plot device prevented them from using this same advanced technology to post TWBB's finale the same way.
Other content that ISN'T a 40-minute long epic finale to a popular series, you mean? I bet the unskippable guys/Yahtzee upload their content themselves, and the reviews are probably made in-house. (and easy enough to upload before christmas and timed to go live, even)

Plus, news flash: People are usually on vacation on Christmas, andspending time with family, not checking websites. If you're posting something as epic and awesome as Brawl, you want ot make sure people are aware of it. It's why you post it with advance warning on a day when people are likely to be nursing hangovers instead of having fun with family, or instead of 3 AM on Tuesday.

It's just smart business to not put it up on Christmas.

Will the Great

Dec 31, 2009
It certainly is. But what about the other six days that aren't bank holidays or Christmas during which the episode was not live?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
I'll be still drunk (i hope), but hell - i'm gonna watch TWBB no matter what !
By the way : I still consider Luigi as prime suspect of being the killer.

zimpirate

Mar 15, 2009
Jerry, what you're saying is impossible, movie editing takes some time, also editing hours of video on top of normal everything living ie, Job, sleeping etc. isn't easy.

Go to Film school then you can talk.

ShadowSlide0

Dec 19, 2009
thanks for the heads up, after going to this website everyday at night to see if its on, at least now i can chill and just wait for tonight, or tommorow if i go to a party. Thanks for the New Years Present.

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
zimpirate said:
Jerry, what you're saying is impossible, movie editing takes some time, also editing hours of video on top of normal everything living ie, Job, sleeping etc. isn't easy.

Please don't feed the trolls. Leave them to wallow in the knowledge that no one will remember them when they die of collapsed arteries.

zimpirate

Mar 15, 2009
DrTrevelyan said:
zimpirate said:

Please don't feed the trolls. Leave them to wallow in the knowledge that no one will remember them when they die of collapsed arteries.
LOL, btw what is your icon from, I can't remember where I've seen it.

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
There Will Be Brawl... on every single thread about the finale. guys? has it occured to anyone that maybe the Escapist is NOT a horrible, evil, money-grubbing corporation seeking to control us all? has it occured to anyone that maybe, just MAYBE, they wanted the finale to be a Happy New Year gift to everybody? simplest solution is the most likely solution, and this time, if it's not a scheduling issue, it's a "let's try to give our fans something to look forward to to start 2010 with a bang" issue.

but if you want to get your testicles (or breast-icles) in a twist over this, go ahead and QQ SUM MO. some of us have more important things to do.

AOS

Nov 5, 2009
im sure this time isn't a lie, given the situation.

But should another thread be made regarding upcoming episodes, I'll never trust it...

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
tibet said:
Things happen and Matt and Crew are not pissed at Escapist, nor they at them as far as I know. The big delay came from 2 out of 3 computers used for editing going offline (breaking) during the editing process. There would have been 3 editors working at once if they had the computers, so their editing time tripled. That's why Matt collapsed, because he was doing most of it on his own. Also there were over 50 special effect shots in this one episode, so those ran behind as well. I spent the evening with Matt on the 26th and he is rested, feeling well and very glad to have it finally completed. He sent the episode to Escapist shortly before the last computer died, so he didn' have the episode to show, but I hear it's really good. Also, FYI, all crew and actors worked for free. Escapist provided funding for production (mostly props and costumes) but this was a labor of love for everyone who worked on it.
And now you know... The rest of the story.

Seriously, thanks to everyone that was involved in this. It's one of the best re-adaptations of the Nintendo Smash Bros series that I can think of. It's pretty clever and it has a lot going for it.

*thumbs up*