There Will Be Brawl: There Will Be Brawl: On Set

bauglir_cr

Dec 21, 2009
Awful news indeed... I hope he gets well soon (no one wants to spend Christmas laying on the floor!) and hopefully they'll take all the time they need to finish the episode

MagnusXavier said:
Update from Zach Grafton:
Please join me and use this thread to send messages of support to all three of our tired, wounded but DETERMINED soldiers!!!
Seconded!

Forsooth and Pi

Apr 23, 2008
Well, it's been a while since I've posted in the forums here.

Due to finals and such, I haven't had a chance to visit The Escapist for a while, and last I heard the finale was supposed to go up around Christmas, so I took this "On Set" as additional commentary to tide us over until the final product comes out. I guess I'm just not as dedicated a fan as the others here who have been checking the site diligently for the past several days, but I agree that you should take your time and not overdo it. I consider There Will Be Brawl to be the best show on The Escapist, and the most profound piece of fan-fiction ever done in any medium. Color me impressed. I have no doubt that the final episode will be epic, and very much worth the wait.

Besides, you're just staying true to the gaming industry with all these delays.

While I wait, I'll continue pestering various friends about the show. That way when the final does come up, you will have more fans ready to watch it.

-Pi

w1ndscar

Jul 22, 2009
my favourite brawl moment was when red sang the more epic version of the pokemon theme, and the excuse me princess part from link, i remember as a lil kid having to find those old cartoons on the internet, and watching them all in 2 days xD... good times, goooood times.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
HatchetDown said:
JayDeth said:
Yeah Matt, don't pull a Heath Ledger on us, dude.
Yeah... wait. What? Don't OD?
I think he meant don't work yourself to the point of needing medication, thus preveting any possibility of OD-ing like the late Heath Ledger

HatchetDown

Dec 17, 2009
I didn't know it was because he was working hard. I thought it was because Ledger just liked drugs.

natural_fighter64

Dec 21, 2009
TheSkaAssassin said:
HatchetDown said:
JayDeth said:
I think he meant don't work yourself to the point of needing medication, thus preveting any possibility of OD-ing like the late Heath Ledger
Did he OD or did he just mix the wrong drugs together? I didn't look into it that much but that's what someone told me. Please don't OD Matt!!

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
natural_fighter64 said:
TheSkaAssassin said:
HatchetDown said:
JayDeth said:
Did he OD or did he just mix the wrong drugs together? I didn't look into it that much but that's what someone told me. Please don't OD Matt!!
What I've heard is that he took some pills and went to sleep. Woke up, forgot he took pills, and took some more.

nyx15

Aug 13, 2008
lurkers, lovers and escapists,
this just in, there will be brawl episode 10 was being sent to the escapist magazine a little after 8,
so ya'll know what that means, expect it sometime soon

vagrant247

Aug 12, 2009
Two questions.
Where are you getting that info?
What do you mean by 8? Time zones and such are important when dealing with a worldwide community :)

mudshovel

Sep 29, 2008
WarpZone said:
Ugh. Using the 1337 haxxor technique of reading the friggin' post, I was able to determine that the evil Escapist editor who tricked us all by telling us it was gonna be the 18th, was none other than... Matthew Mercer.

So apparently this wasn't some coup by the publisher to push the date up, it was just Matt biting off more than he could chew. Poor bastard. I think we've all been there. I feel like a royal douche now.

Apologies to The Escapist and all its staff. And Matt. Dear god, Matt. Get well soon, man. Feel better.
I am pretty sure all of the videos are 'posted' by the creators. I doubt very much they make the actual post however. Plus if he is told a date he had to conform to, he would put it up on the upload regaurdless of if its realistic or not.

SuperMarioBrawlers

Nov 17, 2009
This was an amazing series, I'm glad though to see it end with a definite ending unlike so many other shows, who end up becoming ridiculous.

Matt get well, Christian and Jordan, get some well deserved rest.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
nyx15 said:
this just in, there will be brawl episode 10 was being sent to the escapist magazine a little after 8,
Ummm, no. http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ep-10-disc-thread-final-episode-is-on-it-s-way-editing-team-we-love-you-guys-but-don-t-hurt-yourselves-t372-1050.htm#38954

Or, to quote:

The guy who plays Marth in TWBB said:
Just spoke with Matt. There was a problem with the credits screen after exporting. He went in and changed some stuff and is now re-exporting. The episode is done, but Matt has gone home to gain some much deserved rest. When Jordan comes home from work he will double check the episode, but if the credits portion is still screwed, Jordan will be uploading it tonight anyway.

This unfortunately means no episode tonight. You can all get some sleep yourselves. Technically the Escapist's offices are closed tomorrow, but we have emailed them and told them the episode will be on their FTP tonight and that they are more than welcome to remotely upload it to their fine pages of web for a tomorrow release. It truely is out of our hands from this point foward.

Geektress656

Nov 19, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
nyx15 said:
Ummm, no. http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ep-10-disc-thread-final-episode-is-on-it-s-way-editing-team-we-love-you-guys-but-don-t-hurt-yourselves-t372-1050.htm#38954

Or, to quote:

The guy who plays Marth in TWBB said:
Just spoke with Matt. There was a problem with the credits screen after exporting. He went in and changed some stuff and is now re-exporting. The episode is done, but Matt has gone home to gain some much deserved rest. When Jordan comes home from work he will double check the episode, but if the credits portion is still screwed, Jordan will be uploading it tonight anyway.

This unfortunately means no episode tonight. You can all get some sleep yourselves. Technically the Escapist's offices are closed tomorrow, but we have emailed them and told them the episode will be on their FTP tonight and that they are more than welcome to remotely upload it to their fine pages of web for a tomorrow release. It truely is out of our hands from this point foward.
I don't think it was ever in our hands. Just now it's up to The Escapist to be awesome (hopefully)

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
mudshovel said:
I am pretty sure all of the videos are 'posted' by the creators. I doubt very much they make the actual post however. Plus if he is told a date he had to conform to, he would put it up on the upload regaurdless of if its realistic or not.
My bad. An anonymous muckraker just called my attention to this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/6907-There-Will-Be-Brawl-The-Story-So-Far

Looks like one Greg Tito originally declared the Dec. 18th date to the public.

So it was definitely someone at The Escapist who made the call and set the unrealistic deadline.

(Insert humorous photoshop of Greg Tito's head pasted onto a screenshot of Link delivering the killing blow to Gannondorf.)

Paridice

Aug 26, 2009
You pulled the series together so well from beginning to end... A true work of art! Do please keep this updated!!! Can not wait for the last episode. I can not even put into words how I feel about this series. Truly spectacular though, I can say that much.

evanASF27

Dec 28, 2008
I seriously be needing my fix of TWBB.

According to the crew the fixed/finished/blah'd episode has been sent in and should have been put up today...

...would really suck if we had to wait a blasted month for this thing.