There's an Updated Resident Evil 7 Demo Coming Out Today

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013

The new, expanded demo will let players explore "more of the mysterious, derelict mansion" that was in the original build.

Capcom has announced that it plans to release an updated version of the Resident Evil 7 demo today. It's being called the "Twilight" demo, and it will let players dig deeper into the derelict Baker mansion that's in the existing demo.

There's a new trailer for the demo as well, and it includes a rather disturbing look at the Baker family.

Alongside the announcement of the new demo, Capcom also announced that there will be a third story expansion added to the game's season pass. Due to this addition the company has raised the price of the deluxe edition of Resident Evil 7 to $89.99. We did learn yesterday that the game will not have microtransactions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168406-Resident-Evil-7-Will-Be-Free-of-Microtransactions].

You'll be able to check out the new demo today. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled to release for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on January 24, 2017.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
ffronw said:
Capcom also announced that there will be a third story expansion added to the game's season pass. Due to this addition the company has raised the price of the deluxe edition of Resident Evil 7 to $89.99. We did learn yesterday that the game will not have microtransactions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168406-Resident-Evil-7-Will-Be-Free-of-Microtransactions].
Ahahahahahah! That is definitely the funniest thing I have read all day, thanks!
But the trailer looks promising. If a little full of stolen horror ideas...though what horror isn't these days?

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
ffronw said:

--

You'll be able to check out the new demo this Saturday. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled to release for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on January 24, 2017.

So... is it today or Saturday? o_O

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
CaptainMarvelous said:
ffronw said:

--

You'll be able to check out the new demo this Saturday. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled to release for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on January 24, 2017.

So... is it today or Saturday? o_O
I honestly don't know what happened there. Maybe aliens.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Did we have to go with the cliche red-neck hillbilly family? It's a bit played out to me.

Still doesn't look like a Resident Evil game, but I am certainly keeping my eye on it. I'll have to check out this new demo when it comes out too.
I'm curious if this will tie in, or at least mention, stuff from the other games. I would like to know what a few of the other characters are up to--like Rebecca.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
ffronw said:
I honestly don't know what happened there. Maybe aliens.

You were expecting somebody else?

I love me some cannibals. I'll have to check this out - looks like there will be some shooting in this game after all, more "Condemned" than "Outlast". I just hope that the main story will be self-contained. Announcing additional DLC before the game even launches is never a good sign.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
I'll just wait for someone to do an lp of the game or if that doesn't happen read a wiki for the story highlights. Any word on how RE2 remake is doing?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
had to think of the original chainsaw massacre movie. i guess they used this concept for their game and added some action in to it. i certainly will keep an eye on it. could be an interesting game.