There's More to Skyrim Than Skyrim

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
jthwilliams said:
Strazdas said:
Ap07h30515 said:
Just how feasible is it to combine Morrowind, Cyrodil and Skyrim into one playable game? Screw it, why not the whole of Tamriel?
Well morroroblivion has worked, so why not?

What is this morrowblivion and why haven't I heard of it before?
The long and short of it? It's a mod which incorporates Morrowind into Oblivion's engine. Official site, as far as I can tell, is here [http://morroblivion.com/].

Edit: Well you went and found it yourself. Guess my post is useless :(

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
jthwilliams said:
Strazdas said:
Ap07h30515 said:
Just how feasible is it to combine Morrowind, Cyrodil and Skyrim into one playable game? Screw it, why not the whole of Tamriel?
Well morroroblivion has worked, so why not?

What is this morrowblivion and why haven't I heard of it before?
The long and short of it? It's a mod which incorporates Morrowind into Oblivion's engine. Official site, as far as I can tell, is here [http://morroblivion.com/].

That is just cool. People really become obsessive about the TES universe. I was reading some of the stuff on www.uesp.net and it linked me to another site where people had taken the time to translate daelic materials from Oblivion and review all the books. I'm amazed at both how much detail bethesda has put into the universe and how really deep can get into it.

I can't wait for them to release a constructor set, I might try my hand and creating a dungeon or two with some story and scripting.

JK7135

Jan 29, 2010
Just quickly, for those who say that Bethesda hasn't made a multiplayer aspect in TES, that is incorrect. They had multiplayer in Battlespire and from what I understand, it wasn't that good.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I think Multiplayer would work in a the Arena setting in Oblivion, where players vs. each other only in a gladiatorial style place, you could even have a co-op where you survive waves of increasingly harder enemies.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Dastardly said:
Grey Carter said:
There's More to Skyrim Than Skyrim
The more I find about this game, the more I want it to have multiplayer so bad my teeth hurt.
Every dungeon in the entire world has been sacked. PvP runs rampant. Every city would lie in ruins.
You just described one hell of a time sir.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
THIS [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDevTeamThinksOfEverything]

I think it explains itself. But that is what I think they have done!

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Kyle 2175 said:
Wasn't Morrowind destroyed after the Oblivion Crisis?
Only Vvardenfell was, mainland Morrowind is physically intact, if rather ash-covered,

Alexander Cunningham said:
Ap07h30515 said:
Well if they could do it 1994 I bet they could do it now!
Yeah, except it was completely randomly generated, and it wasn't actually possible to travel between towns on foot.

Blargh McBlargh said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Yeah, getting the real DnD experience with some friends in TES, a game based in a setting kind of based on DnD would be HORRIBLE. I despise such an idea!
TES is NOT DnD, nor has it ever been.
Actually, Tamriel started out as a setting for some of the Bethesda developers' weekly DnD games.

Anyway, I'll throw my lot in with the "Dev team thinks of everything" people.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
EverythingIncredible said:
Cyrodiil and Morrowind expansions would be lovely.
No. No they wouldn't.

Why?

Because the universe would explode from awesomeness if that happened.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
EverythingIncredible said:
Cyrodiil and Morrowind expansions would be lovely.
No. No they wouldn't.

Why?

Because the universe would explode from awesomeness if that happened.
ha. Good one sir. But I think we can put up with the chance to get that much awsomeness.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Pretty sure article should say 'countries' not 'continents'. Akavir isn't hidden there anywhere, I had a look.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
This just makes me hope that one day, SOME day, we'll get an Elder Scrolls game that contains the whole of Tamriel.
That would be bliss...

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Jezzascmezza said:
This just makes me hope that one day, SOME day, we'll get an Elder Scrolls game that contains the whole of Tamriel.
That would be bliss...
We had it in 1994. The Elder Scrolls: Arena, the first game in the series had the entire map to explore. Granted it was mostly randomly generated as needed, extremely low res, and so epic'ly huge that opting not to use fast travel between the cities would take frustrating days. But it was all there.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
faefrost said:
Jezzascmezza said:
That would be bliss...
We had it in 1994. The Elder Scrolls: Arena, the first game in the series had the entire map to explore. Granted it was mostly randomly generated as needed, extremely low res, and so epic'ly huge that opting not to use fast travel between the cities would take frustrating days. But it was all there.
Actually, it was literally impossible to travel between towns on foot, the randomly generated wilderness just went on for ages before wrapping around and putting you in the other end of the cell.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Grey Carter said:
It turns out entire continents from previous Elder Scrolls games are hidden beyond Skyrim's borders.
As far as I'm aware, there's actually only the one continent, containing provinces from previous Elder Scrolls games.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Ickorus said:
I think there is a chance of Cyrodiil and Morrowind appearing in expansions since they put quite a bit of backstory into everything that has changed in those regions in the last 200 years (Eruption and Thalmor respectively).

That said, i'd love to see Black Marsh, my character's homeland.
This is really off topic, but I just spent about ten seconds panicking because I had thought that some crafty arthropod had managed to somehow find its way under my netbook screen.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
Ickorus said:
I think there is a chance of Cyrodiil and Morrowind appearing in expansions since they put quite a bit of backstory into everything that has changed in those regions in the last 200 years (Eruption and Thalmor respectively).

That said, i'd love to see Black Marsh, my character's homeland.
This is really off topic, but I just spent about ten seconds panicking because I had thought that some crafty arthropod had managed to somehow find its way under my netbook screen.

At least you didn't smack your screen to try to kill it