These Are the Actors Starring in the Warcraft Movie

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I really like Duncan Jones' previous work, but the fact that I basically didn't recognise any of these actors doesn't wxactly bode well.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Recognise most of these actors, but that doesn't say much about how good the film will be.

I call bullshit on the tidbit of information on Rob Kazinsky though. 500 days of playtime equates to 14000 hours. No one spends that many hours on 1 game. I know WoW is infamous for literally sucking the life out of people but that's just ridiculous.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
I really like Duncan Jones' previous work, but the fact that I basically didn't recognise any of these actors doesn't wxactly bode well.
Eh, it could be good though, even with Unknowns. I mean, the Original Star Wars only had 1 Real Celebrity in it (And that was of course Harrison Ford), everyone else was pretty much an Unknown. I do notice more and more films are going for the "Let's hire a lot of Unknowns and Indies for our Main Cast" though, which could be either a good thing (Giving lots of new Actors chances at making it Big) or a bad thing (Those Actors being terrible).

I don't know any of these people, but I might go watch this if I hear good things about it in 2 years.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Telling the story from both sides? Colour me interested!

Hope we see more than just Humans and Orks though, need to see the Night Elves and Taurine at least!

Falling_v1legacy

No one of consequence
Nov 3, 2009
arc1991 said:
Telling the story from both sides? Colour me interested!

Hope we see more than just Humans and Orks though, need to see the Night Elves and Taurine at least!
Considering they are going back to the Warcraft I storyline (including all the ret-con material), I highly doubt they'll have time or space to include Night Elves or Taurens. If any elves, then I'd suspect the High Elves. But as they are mostly involved in Warcraft II, I doubt even they will be included except in passing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I was really skeptical about this project for the longest time, but now it's beginning to look like they actually have a focused script. I won't be disappointed if it sucks, but it'd be nice to have another legitimately good fantasy movie that doesn't have Tolkien's name on it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I still see this turning out like the final fantasy spirits within movie.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Recognise most of these actors, but that doesn't say much about how good the film will be.

I call bullshit on the tidbit of information on Rob Kazinsky though. 500 days of playtime equates to 14000 hours. No one spends that many hours on 1 game. I know WoW is infamous for literally sucking the life out of people but that's just ridiculous.
HAHAHAHAHA

Oh you know nothing sir. You really do not. /PLAYED in wow, for a lot, is a nightmare. The amount of total hours can be insane. I sincerely doubt he was lying, either, given he was apparently in one of the top 100 guilds in the world and has some of the hardest raiding achievements. 500 is on the higher end, but it's nowhere near the horror some find.

OT:
Saw the Panel. Kazinsky with the Doomhammer was awesome. That hammer was maaaaasssive.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Have Blizz's art department confirmed to be doing the CG work? They have to know the movie will be carried by it, can't risk it to some fly by night "mom & pop" company.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Maybe they could let Paula Patton keep her Orc makeup, it might just keep Robin Thicke at bay.

Travis Fimmel, represent. Although I can't say I found that 'Vikings' show very entertaining.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, there's some respectable acting AND gaming chops involved here. Of course, the cast is just one component involved in the making of a movie, but it's one that's often gotten wrong.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
CardinalPiggles said:

I quit in 2011 and had a /played (playtime) of 448 days.

That was from Vanilla to mid-way through Cataclysm. 500 days would be a cake walk.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Shocksplicer said:
Eh, it could be good though, even with Unknowns. I mean, the Original Star Wars only had 1 Real Celebrity in it (And that was of course Harrison Ford), everyone else was pretty much an Unknown. I do notice more and more films are going for the "Let's hire a lot of Unknowns and Indies for our Main Cast" though, which could be either a good thing (Giving lots of new Actors chances at making it Big) or a bad thing (Those Actors being terrible).

I don't know any of these people, but I might go watch this if I hear good things about it in 2 years.
Harrison Ford was not a well known actor when Star Wars came out. Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing, on the other hand, were.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This is really interesting for me!
I haven't really played WoW so I don't know how much they look back at Warcraft I and II in the game, but as someone who played the shit out of Warcraft III this'll be really nice! I haven't read too much about the lore before Warcraft III and so this will be really interesting :D

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm so pleased they're going back to warcraft 1 storylines, it's my favourite rts

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Well, I am up in 370-something on my newest account, which was made back in wotlk. And I ain't even that hardcore a player relative to some people. So 500 really isn't that much.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
CardinalPiggles said:

Quit at the end of Wrath, and had two fairly large breaks in my time playing (one 3month, and one 6month) and had over 600 days played... While working full time. Note: I didn't sleep much.

So yeah, 500 days isn't all that much really especially if he's played vanilla through to panderia. I have missed two whole expansions and clocked up more.

Anyways back on topic.

I'm actually fucking pumped for this film, as Jones is one of my favourite writer/directors. Cast is fucking hot too. One sexy sexy crew of peoples there.

Travis Fimmel and Clancy Brown. Fucking Clancy Brown... cannot wait.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, Travis Fimmel is in it. Pity he's playing an Alliance character though. At least Clancy Brown is down with the Horde.