These are the rules that the actual pros play MW2 by

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Posted on Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/amxjm/im_going_to_the_international_gamestop_10k_finals/c0iebyo?context=1] by someone who plays MW2 professionally:

Perks:
No Bling
No One Man Army

Equipment:
No grenade launchers
No claymores
No C4
No secondary launchers
No blast shields
No tactical insertions
No riot shields
No secondary shotguns

Rules:
No killstreaks
Deathstreaks must be set to copycat in most PC leagues

What do you guys think? Are these rules you happen to play by as well? Would you mind playing by/want to play with them? I follow everything except for tactical insertion. And I use a Stinger in one class, but that's not really an issue if there are no killstreaks.

Personally, I would love to be able to play like that, even without the killstreaks and tactical insertions. Shame it's not possible on MW2 :(

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Call of Duty wise, I've always had a knife only class, and a class where I only use a silenced pistol. That's it, really.

Dec 14, 2009
This is like only playing on Final Destination with no items on SSBB...boring and only for the tourney tards.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Well, the hypothetical situation is that there's a multiplayer game mode that has all of these restrictions in place so you don't have to worry about sportsmanship.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
That sounds fine for a tourny, but in a regular game hell no. Im'a grab all the stuff that lets me, you know, have fun.

DominicxD

Dec 28, 2009
Removing half of the content because you cant be fucked to put blast shield on?

Fuck off, I sat for hours downloading that 11Gb game and I'm going to enjoy all of that 11Gb.

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
"Hey, wanna play MW2?"

"SURE: NO PERKS. NO EQUIPMENT. NO GUNS. NO KILLSTREAKS. FINAL DESTINATION"

Seriously, these people dedicate themselves to making games as unenjoyable as possible.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
That kinda takes the fun out of the game. I don't play by those rules and probably never will.

[sup]And I love getting claymore kills.[/sup]

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
DominicxD said:

Fuck off, I sat for hours downloading that 11Gb game and I'm going to enjoy all of those 11Gb.
The person who posted the rules actually provided a pretty good explanation for many of the rules. They make sense too.

I'm not sure why everyone is so offended. If you don't prefer to play this way, that's cool. But there's no reason to be rude to the ones who do.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
I agree with the "no riot shields one"!

But that's mostly because the riot shield is completely, utterly, and hilariously not......true? Realistic? Allowed?

DominicxD

Dec 28, 2009
Contextualizer said:
DominicxD said:

Fuck off, I sat for hours downloading that 11Gb game and I'm going to enjoy all of those 11Gb.
The person who posted the rules actually provided a pretty good explanation for many of the rules. They make sense too.

I'm not sure why everyone is so offended. If you don't prefer to play this way, that's cool. But there's no reason to be rude to the ones who do.
I'm sorry for being rude but I'm just sick of hearing people saying stuff like "This is how to play professionally" or pointing out that I'm using a grenade launcher or claymore or anything that isn't in the category of "Assault Rifles", as if I'm playing the game wrong by using all of the content available.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
That does seem very balanced, under that system the better person will kill the other guy almost everytime; no complaints here, most of my deaths are by killsteaks and noob tubes. However, until the day I play under these rules, I will continue to abuse the kill streaks and create bizzare scenarois where only 20% of my kills are with guns.