These are the rules that the actual pros play MW2 by

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I'd play like this

Weapons:
NO grenades. Flash, Semtex, Frag, stun, grenade launchers. Only Smoke allowed.
NO secondary shotguns.
NO secondary Launchers, stinger, Javelin, AT4, RPG, you name it

Perks:
NO stopping power

Streaks:
NO air support, It's called Modern warfare, not Modern Air support
NO nukes

NO Death streaks apart from Copycat.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I personally think every CoD player should play with these rules.

For the last time, your NOT FUCKING PRO SINCE YOU GOT 11 KILLS IN A CHOPPER GUNNER.
Your NOT PRO if you SPAWNCAMP. Your NOT PRO if you think ANY GUN is overpowered in the game...

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
e2density said:

For the last time, your NOT FUCKING PRO SINCE YOU GOT 11 KILLS IN A CHOPPER GUNNER.
Your NOT PRO if you SPAWNCAMP. Your NOT PRO if you think ANY GUN is overpowered in the game...
and you are NOT PRO if you have to TAKE THINGS AWAY for you to actually be good.

Love how you proved my point though, so 5 internets to ya.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
This is like only playing on Final Destination with no items on SSBB...boring and only for the tourney tards.
Play no items is more fun imo.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
CommyGingerbreadMan said:
e2density said:

and you are NOT PRO if you have to TAKE THINGS AWAY for you to actually be good.

Yeah, just like in other competitive events, video games have absolutely no rules in order to make sure there is a balanced match.

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
Contextualizer said:
e2density said:

Yeah, just like in other competitive events, video games have absolutely no rules in order to make sure there is a balanced match.
Uh. . . yea, the rules the developers make. You don't see people flying around. That's because if they glitch to do that, it's patched. There's a rule against glitching. The game is balanced, just because your opinion of it isn't doesn't ACTUALLY make it not. Like I said earlier, there is a counter to everything in the game, your lack of willingness to use it doesn't make it OP.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Contextualizer said:
e2density said:

Uh. . . yea, the rules the developers make. You don't see people flying around. That's because if they glitch to do that, it's patched. There's a rule against glitching. The game is balanced, just because your opinion of it isn't doesn't ACTUALLY make it not. Like I said earlier, there is a counter to everything in the game, your lack of willingness to use it doesn't make it OP.
That only holds true if the developers are holding the tournament. Competitive leagues are completely free to make whatever rules they want to in order to create the specific competitive environment they want their players to play in.

But yeah, I'm sure you're an extremely good gamer and everything so you're completely qualified to make statements like:

Oh wait.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Let's see: The game costs $60. That rules list removes about half of the stuff you can use on multiplayer. I want my money's worth and I want to have fun, so the pros can keep those dumb rules. When you think about it, this list removes many forms of tactics, so it is just makes the game a pretty version of every other FPS that has ever existed.

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
That list is ridiculous. Most of the things on it were probably put on there because someone with a large amount of friends decided they didn't like when they got killed by them.

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
Contextualizer said:
Contextualizer said:
e2density said:

That only holds true if the developers are holding the tournament. Competitive leagues are completely free to make whatever rules they want to in order to create the specific competitive environment they want their players to play in.

But yeah, I'm sure you're an extremely good gamer and everything so you're completely qualified to make statements like:

Oh wait.
Hmm, never said I was good. But that guy came in here stating that the Chopper Gunner and w/e arn't pro tools at all and wishes all games were played like "pro". Please dude when you put words in peoples mouth, it kinda makes you look like a dick. I never said anything like my way or the highway. I just clearly (well obviously not so much since you seem to mis-read everytime I type, but alas the only one to misread so. . .) that I wished we wouldn't have pompous people from the pro circuit, not all, not some, but just the pompous ones.

TL:DR (So you can't whine my thing was too long). Stop putting words in peoples mouths. Never said anything of the sort you typed.

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
riot shields aren't too bad if you're pro surely? Then again it is annoying as hell that if you stick a riot shield the bearer is unharmed :(

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
ae86gamer said:
That kinda takes the fun out of the game. I don't play by those rules and probably never will.

[sup]And I love getting claymore kills.[/sup]
me 2 :D

The most satisfying is
1. Taking out someone elses claymore, and placing your own i the exact same place.

On afghan
2. A.putting one in a bush on a narrow path way
B.Putting A couple in the tunnel
C.hiding one on the ridge overlooking the plane, gets me a kill everysingle time within a minute of placing it.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
I couldn't be bothered reading ten pages of this thread, but wouldn't these rules make the game very similar to counter-strike source?

And while I like MW2 with everything on, CS Source was a good game.

Just sayin'

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Honestly I think 'rules' for MW 2 are a giant heap of shit. I just have a 'code' about what guns are too easy. That's it.
EDIT: What the fuck is wrong with Riot shields also? They take a degree of skill if you're good at it... Jesus.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Contextualizer said:
Trivun said:
Jonny49 said:
What ever happened to playing for fun?
Exactly. Besides, if you were a soldier fighting an actual battle then there wouldn't be all those crappy rules, so it's unrealistic anyway. And even then, I play games for fun. If MLG leagues want to use those stupid rules then fine, just don't expect me to be following them if a pro ever decides to join my server...
If you were an actual soldier, then there wouldn't be such a thing as a MW2 team deathmatch.

And for the last time, pros don't give a shit about the tournament rules when they aren't playing in a tournament.

Is there anyone else who can't understand this?
Seriously dude, calm down... We understand perfectly well, I think you are overreacting to a post that was not directed at you.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Well that will make the game incredibly fucking boring. The game was made with these, and if they don't like it, they can piss right off. I hate it on the first Modern Warfare, people always goddamn complained that I used the grenade launcher, or that perk where you drop a grenade when you die. Never had I met such a bunch of whiners in a game before, and that's why I stuck to single player, it's more fun than getting banned by an admin for using a perk that made to be used IN THE GAME. That's why they created it.

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
Contextualizer said:
DominicxD said:
Removing half of the content because you cant be fucked to put blast shield on?

Fuck off, I sat for hours downloading that 11Gb game and I'm going to enjoy all of those 11Gb.
The person who posted the rules actually provided a pretty good explanation for many of the rules. They make sense too.

I'm not sure why everyone is so offended. If you don't prefer to play this way, that's cool. But there's no reason to be rude to the ones who do.
Yeah, it's not saying that you should play like that all the time, only that having more tight rules and restrictions in a tourney would keep things tighter and more exciting.

CommyGingerbreadMan

Dec 22, 2009
properturnip said:
Contextualizer said:
DominicxD said:
Removing half of the content because you cant be fucked to put blast shield on?

Fuck off, I sat for hours downloading that 11Gb game and I'm going to enjoy all of those 11Gb.
The person who posted the rules actually provided a pretty good explanation for many of the rules. They make sense too.

I'm not sure why everyone is so offended. If you don't prefer to play this way, that's cool. But there's no reason to be rude to the ones who do.
Yeah, it's not saying that you should play like that all the time, only that having more tight rules and restrictions in a tourney would keep things tighter and more exciting.
Well w/o killstreaks you take away a lot of the scare of being out of buildings. Then all you have is the luck factor. And you can't say otherwise because CoD is ALL luck. Considering the damage to bullet ratio of every gun, it's quite possible for you to take out 3+ guys w/o reloading once with some pistols (headshot ftw) Given that your never caught with your side/back/blinarea turned. Sure it takes some finesse, but truthfully its a variation of Spray and Prey, but this time your looking down the sights. Most kills in CoD happen while your back is turned, from your side, or from someone shooting from an angle at which their avatar is hidden in such a way you swear you couldn't shoot back (I.E: someone crouches behind a planter, you see no one, but in the killcam he was clearly sticking his head out to shoot.) Given what little health you have, their is little for you to do in any instance. The only reason you live is because the sniper missed an 1 hit area, or the guy just missed the last shot of his 4shot kill. At least Halo gives you enough time to recognize your being hit and to ditch it around a corner. The Red Screen for CoD doesn't pop up until a trillisecond before dying, this means the game doesn't even register your health is being lost until its too late.

As much as I love the game, as i said most deaths are not because of my lack of skill, but because he got the jump on me, and in CoD it means he wins (Unless God wills it he chokes and misses)

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I have a few designed classes, none break the rules. I have a Sub-Machine class with a Vector and USP .45, with the perks Steady Aim, Sleight of Hand, and Hardline (although if I am to follow these rules, I'd have to switch), all at Pro.

I have a class I like to call "I Stab You!" which specializes in speed and knives. Equipped with any sub-machine gun (I don't use it) and a USP .45 with Tactical Knife, and the perks Lightweight, Marathon and Commando, all at Pro.

And I have a class that uses RPD and Stinger, I only use it when there's a helicopter that needs a can of explosions up the tail.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I play whatever way i feel like playing, i constantly switch my clases around after every few games to suit my needs, no killstreaks thats just retarded, no bling? how can you complain about having 2 attacthments on your weapons. using those rules would be restricting yourself to like 3 quarters of the multiplayer content which is just pointless, i like to experiment with differant weapon and perk combinations, most of my perks are upgraded to the pro versions even though half of them i dont use anymore. But if people want to play by those rules which in my opinion is pretty fucking pointless then by all means let them, to each's own i guess